Our 'Short' Meeting

Reality

 

Reality

[Yoona’s POV]

 

After I start working, I notice that I watched too much drama. I realized that working place does not have those ‘Prince charming’ you see on dramas. Yeah, working life is not as beautiful as dramas.

I was born in Australia, Sydney and have been living there for25 years. I am currently 25 years old.

I just start working in an Editorial and design Company for few months and I am very lucky to get the Manager position!  It’s the grace of God That I am able to get this position! My Manager from my previous company recommended me to E.D company CEO and I am beyond blessed. Even thought there is no hot man here HAHA, I still enjoy working here.

Anyway, back to the first paragraph. Did you know why working place isn’t the place you found your prince charming? Well I start working since I am 18 years old, so it’s 1, 2, 3… 7. 7 years since I start working and none. I mean it, there is no ‘man’ that could make your heart beats, make you feel special, they are all… very boring looking kind of man to me. And because of that I never had a boyfriend since high school, my last relationship is… hm, 9 years old Kyaaakkk, I am daebak I know!!!

Okay, Okay, I never had once been in a relationship. Like seriously none.   

Anyway, the reason why my family and I came back to Korea because my daddy is sick. He got cancer, Lung cancer. He said he really miss Korea and wish to come back. A man’s last wish, how can I ignore that? At first I was devastating, feel like dying. I have been the worst kid ever to my dad. We used to be really close to each other and fool around, until that day. I have lost my respect toward him. He gambles, smoking and drinks beer every day and he owe people money, all my tuition money have been taken to pay off his debts, but it was never enough to pay back his debts, so I start working. I work at my Daddy’s best-friend editorial company, they help my dad to pay the debts but in other hand I will need to work at their place, they said I am a very talented girl (? Oh my Gosh, did I really just praise myself?! HAHAHA). I start working by editing someone else novel, biography and some translating that need to be translated to Korean.  But even thought I am able to work, I hate him. I hate him a lot, He had ruined my dreams, my dream job is to be a lawyer ever since little kids, I have always loved to debate and Oh yeah, and I win almost every-time. 

Anyway, the main reason I hated him is because he slaps me in-front of all my friends. Ever since he starts drinking he is always like that. I hate him. I hate him a lot. He gambles and gambles. Smoke and smoke, and most of all he makes mum sad every-day, and mum left us. It’s been 7 years since that incident, 7 years without mum, and I need to face him every day it drives me crazy, but when I found out that he gotten cancer, I just want to be with him. I don’t know why but I forgiven him.

Did I mention that I have a little brother? He is 9 years younger than me. He is my everything, He was never close with mum, He shares everything with me. He said I am his mum. He loves me and Daddy very much. He never made me disappointed and very well educated kid, I don’t know who he inherited that from, but that definitely not me! Kekeke.

 ‘Daddy, do you want to eat?’ I ask him. He shook his head and closed his eye. He is currently in stadium 4. The doctor said it’s too late, it’s spreading very fast. ‘Okay daddy, I love you’ I kissed his forehead and he grab my hand softly and mouth me too baby girl.

I smiled at him and walk toward my rooms. I drop myself on my bed and use one hand to cover my watery eye. That healthy and fat man has become skinnier than me.  Daddy, please stay strong for us.

‘Noona’ Seulong called me and knocked before her entered. ‘Noona…?’ He call again, I didn’t answered. He walk toward me and lay next to me. ‘I know you can hear me, I just wanted to tell you. I’m home and I love you’ He hugged me and kiss my cheek’ I hugged him tightly and I can feel his smile from my collar bone.

‘Nado Saranghae kiddo’

 

[End of Yoona’s POV]

 

She stretches her hand in the air and yawn a little. ‘Good Morning Yoona’ Laughs Sunny, while standing in-front of her office.

‘Guf muffing uffi’ she said and closed and chuckles a little.

‘Seriously, why are you like this?’ Sunny shakes her head and walk passed Yoona’s office.

‘What did I do?’ Yoona ask her while putting down her leg from her chair as she took off her glasses.

Sunny answered ‘Just make sure you clean your face up, we have an important meeting coming up’ 

‘Oh shoot! It’s already 8:15?!’ Yoona quickly take her make-up bag, cloth, towel (to clean her face of-course) and run out her office. While she was running she accidentally ran into someone and dropped all her stuff.  ‘Oh man…’ She complain and without apologize she mumble to herself’ seriously, who the hell come to office this early in the morning, and they see me still on my pajamas?!’ He heard exactly what she said and bend down with a chuckles.

‘A sorry would be fine, but oh well… I forgive you’ He said while helping Yoona out. Yoona’s face was as red as a tomato, she bit her lips and continue getting her things. ‘I never see you here. I guess you are new right?’ 

Yoona nodded and said ‘Thank you’ and without looking at him she ran toward the bathroom and as he continue walking he saw Him walking toward Sunny’s office.  

‘I’m very sure I saw him somewhere…’ She muttered ‘Oh well’ She walk into the bath room.

 

 

[Sunny’s POV]

 

A knock from the door, and I look up. ‘Oh, Oppa’ Sunny said. ‘Why so early?’ I ask him.

‘To hand you my busy schedule..?’ He joke and passed me a file.

‘Why would I want to know your schedule for?’ I rolled my eye. I open the file and notice that he wants me to publish his newest book. ‘Seriously oppa, why does it always have to be my company?’ I sigh out load. ‘Every time you ask me to publish your book, those fan girls will send their love letter, and it’s really disturbing for us.’

‘Just say that you are jealous Soonkyu ya’ He laughs and rest his on my table. ‘You know Oppa only loves you’

I pretend to vomit ‘Yikes, No, no, no’ I shake my index finger fast in-front of my face and wrinkles my nose, and both of us laughs. ‘Anyway oppa, this time I won’t be able to edit it for you’ He frown. ‘I am going overseas for a conference. So I will hand it over to Yoona, Our new Editorial Manager’ I told him.

‘The girl who wears pajamas?’ He laughs and made me laugh too.

‘You saw her? That’s what I love about her, she is a very hard working girl and full of surprises.’ I sip my coffee ‘Whenever she can’t sleep she will head here and continue her work.’

He looked at me and pokes my cheek ‘You sure I can believe her?’ and poked again.  

I nodded again ‘Yep, she is great I promise’

‘Well, if she is not as good as you I can complain right? And I wanted to complain that she doesn’t recognize me!’ He whines and frowned.

I rolled my eye and punch him softly ‘You’re 31 years old for goodness sakes Lee MinHo-ssi, stop acting cute’ and he chuckles.

‘Dinner tonight?’ He ask again.

‘Let’s see’ I play hard to get and he shrugged.

‘Fine’

[End of POV]

 

‘You call me?’ Yoona walk inside the room without even knocking the door.

‘I guess for the pass 2 month I have been extremely nice to you that even when you walk into my room you don’t even bother knocking the door?’ Sunny place her pen down and bit her finger and pretend to think.

‘Oh shoot, I forgot’ she run back out and taps on her blazer and pants. ‘Better?’ Sunny shook her head and laughs. Yoona smile in satisfied and knock on the door.

‘Come in’ Sunny laughs and she sat down.

‘What is it you want this time unnie?’ She took one of the candies from the candy jar.

‘I am going to be away for awhile, so I’m handling you some important things for you to do. This one is very important okay, he is our VIP here’ Sunny said while she is still focusing on her laptop. ‘Tell, me how much to do you know this man’ She turn the laptop towards Yoona.

She was busy opening the candies that she didn’t see that. ‘Im Yoona’ Sunny calls and she grinned

‘Sorry’ She put the candy inside ‘Oh, Lee Min-Ho. That love story man every girl loves…’ she stops for awhile ‘AH!’ and made Sunny shocked

 ‘What? Stop scaring people Yoona ya!’ Sunny said.

She laughs ‘Sorry unnie, He was here today and I couldn’t recognize him and oh damn, I should have ask him for signature. My friend loves him.’

‘What about you?’

‘Me? Hm, I’ve read many love stories he’s wasn’t that great. But his last novel made me amazed because it sound real, the love story about a writer who fell in love with a girl, but she refused to be with him because she is sick. Like I sometimes don’t believe in happy ending, I find this story is real. Maybe it’s his real life story but who knows’

Sunny stops and nod slowly ‘Seems like you know him pretty well. Okay, you passed’

‘hah?’

‘I want you to help me edit this’ She hand over a Flash-disk and a file. ‘This is Lee Minho-ssi’s final story. He said he wants it to perfect. I want you to help him edit it and if possible design. I know you are new toward design, but this is what E.D.C do, we edit and Design it. I hope you won’t let me disappointed.’

 

‘You won’t unnie!’ she said in excitement.

 

 

[Lee Seunggi]

 

I slam the door and walk out of the car. ‘YA! OPPA!’ She shouted at me

But I quickly walk away into the crowd so she won’t see me.

What on earth is that girl trying to do to me?! Touching my thigh in the middle of my driving?! Damn! Kids now a day!

 I walk toward a park and sat on a bench to calm myself down, if she wasn’t daughter of the chairman I would never waste my time on her, damn. I left her in the middle of the road. Will I get fired? I laughed at myself and scratch my head. The weather today was cloudy and nice if only I get more air like this. 

Bammm.

Suddenly a woman fainted. ‘Oh’ I was half standing and look left and right. She was with no one. I walk toward her and she was having hard time to breath.

‘Bag…’ She said ‘My bag’ she was shaking badly and I hold her up.

‘Your bag?’ She nodded and I opened her bag while holding her. ‘You want me to take something?’

‘M..my puffer’ She said in pain.

‘your puffer?’ I look inside and quickly find her puffer, and when I got it, she with her shaking hand took it and out it inside . She in hale it. I grab her stuff and bridal hugged her and put her in the bench. I let her lay on my laps and she tries to catches her breath.

Asthma…? A very ugly sickness, after she gotten better, she sat and let out another long breath. She looks at me ‘Thank you very much’ She said and forces a smile. ‘I’m so sorry for what just happened.’ She stand up and wanted to bow.

‘Hey…’ I stop her ‘There is no need for that, just sit’ I told her.

‘I can’t I am late for my meeting’ She said and thank me again.

‘How about this, let me accompany you to your meeting then? Where are you heading?’ I politely ask her.

‘Ah, No need… Lee Seunggi-ssi’ She said while looking at my badge. ‘I’m very thankful, and oh this’ She open her wallet and pass me a name-card. ‘Please do call me, so we can have a drink as a thank you’ She said and I took it, she bow again and walk away.

I look at the name card and the name was Sunny. A Ceo. 

 

Some part of this story is base on true story, The part where My dad Got debts and got cancer, of course my mum did not left us. And about being lawyer is my dream, But now I start working as something so different from me, but yeah it really is a miracles that I got to work at my company now. God is amazing.

And for the Love story, Some part will be mine, but some will be my friends, and some are just my imagination Keke~ Anyway, I have always love sharing, So if you want your ideas to be included in my story just PM me and don't worry, you will be credit <3  Love Nana. Aka N.A.M.L