Blonde Hair, Bad Relationships, and Dumb Crushes

When One Thing Leads to Another

  "I can't believe you right now, I told you I was going to dye my hair blonde-"

 "Um?- excuse you, you didn't?- I told you I was going to."

 ", don't play with me, you never told me that--"

 "Taemin, if you call me a one more time, I'm going to shove a ing tampon up your ."

  "..."

 Taemin gave the girl next to him a small scowl before chomping into his apple. That was how a normal conversation went with his best friend, Krystal. The two friends were sitting at a lone table, near the back of the University's Cafe while arguing about their hair color. It seemed that by pure coincidence they both just happened to dye their hair the same shade of blonde when Taemin clearly stated he was going to dye his hair this color.

 "Do you even know how many people thought that I was copying you and asked me if we were dating?" The boy whined, jutting out his bottom lip as he repeatedly poked his friend's arm. Taemin had walked into his first class this morning and was shocked to see the other girl changing her previously red hair to match his hue. Of course, his classmates were led to believe that the two friends were doing this as a cutesy couple thing, only frustrating him. Taemin could hear Krystal scoff as she smacked his hand away, giving him a death glare.

 "Do you know how many people I had to explain to why I would never date you?" She spat, causing Taemin to put a hand over his heart.

 "And why is that?"
 "You're so ew. No one wants to date you."

 Taemin gasped loudly, making no effort at hiding how offended he was. He was an amazing person, girls and guys all loved him, at least that's what he was led to believe. Taemin sat his apple on the cafeteria table, then crossed his arms across his chest.

 "Um, I have no idea what you are talking about. People would pay to date me." He huffed a Krystal, who rolled her eyes.

 "Oh yeah, remember Naeun?" She said with a sly smirk. Taemin blinked once, his mind reeling back to his stupid days of high school. Ah, Son Naeun, Taemin remembered her, sweet girl, really cute. He had gone on a couple dates with her before and actually did kinda like her until she admitted she only dated him to make that stupid Myungsoo kid jealous.

 "Okay, first of all, she was not my type." Which was a lie. "Second of all, she only used me to make L jealous." He justified with a nod causing his friend to roll her eyes again.

 "Why do you keep calling him that?"
 "Because he looks like that one guy from that one anime! I don't understand why she liked him when perfection is my middle name."
 "Because Myungsoo was hot and you're ugly."
"..."

 Taemin narrowed his eyes at Krystal who just shrugged with a playful smile. Taemin honestly had no idea why he hung out with her. There was a whole cafeteria bustling with cooler, nicer people yet he sold his soul to this witch.

 "Okay, then remember Minah?" She brought up and Taemin took another moment to think back.
 "She was a lesbian."
 "Eunji?"
 "She had a boyfriend."
 "Minwoo?"
 "He was too clingy--"
 "Miss. Kwon?"
 "Okay she was a creep."
 "Jungmo?"

 Dark clouds suddenly flew over Taemin's head as he pressed a finger against Krystal's lips, looking at her with an unreadable expression.

 "We don't talk about Jungmo-" he whispered for dramatic effect. But in all seriousness, Jungmo was irrelevant and Taemin never wanted to speak of him again. Krystal simply raised a brow before shaking her head.

 "And besides, that was all high school, we're in college now, I'm sure everyone loves me!~" Taemin chimed with a bright smile. He and Krystal were both freshmen and they were already a couple months into the semester. Taemin wouldn't say he was narcissistic or anything, he was just pretty confident with perhaps a big ego.

 "Whatever Taem. Anyways, I'm gonna need to go soon, my next class is in like, thirty minutes." Krystal said with a sigh before turning to Taemin with a small smile. "Jinri and Sunyoung are waiting for me."

 Taemin nodded, waving his friend off before scanning the cafeteria. He let his eyes wander about, not looking for anything in particular until his eye stopped on a certain figure walking across the cafeteria. The male walking was shorter but structured with a marvelous jawline. His skin was bronzed and lips curved into a sly smile as he went to greet a group of boys. Taemin didn't realize his mouth was open until he could practically feel Krystal's judging gaze. That gorgeous human being would Kim Jonghyun. Taemin knew nothing about him except for the fact he was hot and a junior. He discovered the elder about a week ago one morning when Taemin took the initiative to become more fit and attempted a morning jog. Ever since then, Jonghyun had become the object of his fantasies. The blonde continued to gaze at Jonghyun until he noticed something off about him. His hair. It was a different color-- Taemin stared at the chestnut locks with horror, suddenly feeling a pit of rage well up inside him.
 "Why the did Jonghyun dye his hair?!" He nearly shrieked which only earned him a hard smack against his arm.
"Taemin?! Why the are you so loud?! And gosh, why do you even care? Oh wait- I forgot, you have a crush on him." The girl hissed as Taemin rubbed the inflicted area while pouting.

 "I do not." He huffed, now upset that Jonghyun was out of sight. He really didn't. He just appreciated his physical being, that's it. He also kinda wanted to his and then cuddle afterward but he wasn't about to say that.


 "Yeah, right." Krystal said unconvinced. "Why do you care that he dyed his hair so much?- Say, wasn't it blonde befo-" Krystal stopped abruptly and Taemin avoided all eye contact.
 "Taemin...did you dye your hair to match with him?..." Taemin had no words. It was better this way. This was so embarrassing, but to his defense, it was only because that shade looked good on him. Of course, Taemin couldn't even explain himself since Krystal was practically dying with laughter.
 "Oh my god, you're such a loser--" It was Taemin's turn to roll his eyes, clearly not amused by his friend's reaction.
 "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Why did you dye your hair? Cause Amber?" He was joking until Krystal stopped laughing, looking at him guiltily. That's when it clicked.

 "Oh my god...."

 Taemin should've laughed. He should've made fun of her. But he didn't. Instead he gazed off into a distance and realized that both of them were truly pathetic.
 
 



ahhh :c that's the first chapter-- sorry if it which it probably did ;; but yeah ;; Taestal are dumb and Taemin needs the D ;; the rest of SHINee will be introduced in the next chapter and Jongtae will interacted soon ;;;;; sobs tell me what you think ;; and yes-- miss. kwon is boa /shot