Case #1 (Part 1)

The Line

                                                        

 

"What information have you found about the deceased?" Yunho asked coolly as soon as his team gathered at the industrial park.

"He's a relatively young guy, at his thirties already I assume. Excessive loss of blood at the abdomen area is the cause of death and it's probably caused by a knife stab." Luna Park, the youngest of the forensic team answered diligently. Having to just graduate from science school early this year, the young petite lady has a huge passion for forensic and dealing with the dead. "From the body temperature of his, it looks like he died around 9 hours ago."

"9 hours ago..." Daehyun spoke while tapping on his watch. "Which means he died at 2am this morning."

"Yes you are right. Sad for him to had spend his last moments behind a bush in a park, dead." Luna heaved out a sigh.

"May God bless this guy." Jaehyo remarked.

"Where's Himchan by the way?" Minho asked with a curious look on his face.

"He’s over there, still inspecting the body." The brunette replied while pointing to the direction where her colleague was and Minho nodded with a smile. Minho and Himchan are best friends since elementary school and it's purely coincidence that they are in the same field of job, just different departments.

"Daehyun, Jaehyo and Jieun, talk with the passerbys here and dig out information from them. Minho and Jessica, follow me to inspect the crime scene." Yunho instructed and everyone nodded their heads in agreement, except for Sehun and Sooyoung who were told to stay in their office in case of any emergency. The team then split ways to their assigned tasks.

 


 

"Can you tell me more about what happened earlier on?" Jaehyo prompted the middle-aged looking man, whom seem to have recover from his state of shock.

"I was out for a morning jog just now and wanted to take a rest on one of the benches. When I proceed to the bench, I noticed a shoe, leather shoe to be exact, hiding in the bushes. I thought I might want to get it out from the bush in case anyone is finding for it. But I was really shocked that the shoe belonged to the dead man's." The middle-aged man replied. On the other hand, Jieun is busy noting down notes on here small red notebook which she carries it wherever she goes.

"Did you see any suspicious person around this area earlier on?" Daehyun questioned and the man shook his head lightly. 

"Not that I could remember of. I was too scared to notice my surrounding and that's why I called you guys here." 

The detectives nodded their heads and thanked the man for the information that he had contributed.

 

"Himchan yah, did you find anything else that would be useful?" Minho squatted down beside his best friend and asked. The latter turned to his left and smiled slightly upon seeing Minho.

"No other wounds other than the stab. Looks like the knife went in rather deeply into the victim's abdomen." Himchan replied, as he shifts his gaze to the lifeless body again.

"The killer must have hated the deceased a lot then." Jessica commented while analyzing the body.

"But why kill the man here? Isn't this place too obvious for people to notice?" Minho added while giving a slight frown.

"Either this killer is stupid, or he or she was just too lazy to shift the body to another location." Jessica replied while crossing her arms.

"I don't think he was being killed here though, look." Yunho started to speak and all the attention are on him. The leader walked up further away from the body and points to a long deep track on the sandy ground. 

"Drag marks?" Minho asked, sounding astonished. "That means the deceased was dragged here by the killer..."

"And look, footprints." Yunho squats down and said seriously. 

"Himchan, could you give us the exact size of the footprints later on?" Minho asked and his best friend replies with a nod.

"Sure thing, I will send you the full report of the victim within the next five hours." The forensic replied and begins to examine the footprint. Jessica opened her bagpack that she had brought along and took out a pair of tongs and a few zip-lock bags. After wearing her blue rubber gloves, the brunette shoved her hand into the victim's coat pocket to get both his mobile phone and wallet out. After that, she proceeds to put them in into different zip-lock bags when she noticed something red on the victim's neck.

"Lipstick mark. Looks like someone got himself in a good mood before having to be killed." Jessica mumbled to herself before taking a photo of it as evidence.

 


 

"So what did you guys found out about this guy?" Sehun questioned the rest of his team members.

"Song Jonghoon is the name, aged 36. He was a manager of an advertisement company and married with one child." Daehyun said while looking through the report that the forensic team had just sent them and continued.

"The cause of his death was due to excessive bleeding of a stab wound and the weapon was rather sharp to have stabbed him in his liver easily. He could still be alive if he was noticed and sent to the hospital earlier. No signs of lethal weapons nearby the crime scene, so the killer had probably discarded it away for good. The footprint analysis showed that the killer has a size 9 feet, and most probably a man's one."

"Jessica, did you happen to find any other evidences?" Yunho asked the brunette and she took out a few bags out.

"His wallet and phone. And a kiss mark on his neck." Jessica added and passes the bags and photos to their leader. Yunho looks at the bags and photos carefully one by one.

"Kiss mark huh?" Minho smirked playfully.

"You and your dirty mind." Jieun rolled her eyes and slumps back on the couch.

"There might be some information in his phone, but I suspect there's a passcode requirement. Jaehyo, could you find a solution to it?"

"Sure hyung, I'm called the tech guy of the group for a reason!" Jaehyo smiled and grabs the phone from Yunho's hand, and proceeds to the other room to hack into the phone. Jaehyo had four years of hacking experience and is definitely a useful member for their team.

"We can get his home address in his identification card as well." Sooyoung added and the rest nodded, with Yunho opening the zip-lock bag and flips open the wallet to get the card out.

"Daegu, that's where he stays. We ought to let his family know about his passing and additionally gather clues from there." Yunho commented while scanning through the card. 

"He's actually quite a good-looking guy though. It's a waste to have him dead now." Sooyoung added while peeping at the photo of the victim in the identification card, only to receive a poke on her head by Sehun.

"Even if he's not dead, he's married Sooyoung, married." Sehun retorted.

"I'm just saying!" Sooyoung whined and everyone gave a light laugh.

"Alright guys, focus on this case first okay? We have to get the killer in hand so as to bring this victim justice." Jessica raised her voice and said.

"Jess is right; we should focus on solving this case first. Alright, you guys can head home to take a rest and be back here within the next five hours okay?" Yunho remarked and everyone nods in agreement.

 


 

"I'm home!" Daehyun shouted from the living room and Mrs Jung walks out of the kitchen, looking delighted upon seeing her son.

"My dear boy, you are back! Someone is waiting for you to start dinner." Mrs Jung smiled widely while pulling her son's arm. Daehyun on the other hand is curious of who it is and when both of them walked to the kitchen, the latter beamed happily at the sight of his beautiful girlfriend, sitting on one of the seats and looking up at him as happy as he is.

"Naeun!" Daehyun exclaimed and hurriedly hugs his girlfriend tight. It has been six months since Naeun had returned from her studies at America, and he definitely missed her a lot.

"Daehyun! I missed you. How have you been doing?" Naeun asked while hugging him tightly.

"I'm doing fine baby. Why didn't you tell me you are coming back here today? I could have fetched you from the airport!" Daehyun whined cutely which his girlfriend pinches his cheeks playfully.

"My flight came a day earlier, so yeah. But I'm glad to see you after six months!" Naeun giggled and the latter place a peck on her forehead.

"Children, shall we start dinner now? I'm hungry." Mr Jung chuckles and all of them get themselves ready on the dining table.

"So how's your work?" Mrs Jung asked her son, who beamed happily upon hearing the question.

"We've finally got our first case after two months! But the case is rather a tricky one since there isn't much clues and evidences on hand. I have to report to the office later for a meeting." Daehyun replied.

"It must be hard on you baby." Naeun said while patting Daehyun's head.

"It's nothing dear, and I got to see you today so it's a good day for me!" Daehyun exclaimed and everyone laughed.

"Aish, Daehyun only gets happy around with Naeun, not with his dad-" Mr Jung teased jokingly.

"Aniyo, appa and omma still have a place in my heart do not worry." The latter smiles cheekily at his parents and then his girfriend. He knows that he have to make full use of the rest of his free time on his family and Naeun before heading back to the office to continue on his work.

 

"That's the life of detectives." Daehyun thought to himself before munching on a spoonful of rice.