Cha Hakyeon

Come Back Home

June 30, Year 2030.

12:30 a.m.

       A male with red hair laid awake on his messed up bed in the darkness of the room that used to be his and his boyfriend's room. The only light present in the room was the light from his phone screen. He stared at the phone screen, eyes filled with sadness and longing. "Taekwoonnie.." He murmured as he stared at his phone's wallpaper that has two males in it, one who is him smiling happily and another one is a poker-faced raven haired male who is taller than the red haired male. "I'm cold, Taekwoonnie.. If only you are here... I would like to be in your arms once more..." He muttered sadly, hugging the phone to his chest.

        "Hakyeonnie, chukhahae~ Happy birthday, my love." Hakyeon sat up straight when he heard a whisper of the voice he missed so much and looked around. "Taekwoonnie? Taekwoonnie?! Is that you?!" Hakyeon called out into the darkness. No reply was heard and Hakyeon pulled his knees up to his chest as he leaned back to the wall and sighed, tears falling down from his eyes. "Taekwoonie, I miss you so, so, much. Come back home, please..." Hakyeon sobbed. "You said this is all for my own good, but where is the benefit?" He sobbed out. "My heart longs for you, and it's breaking.... I need you, Taekwoonnie.." Hakyeon rubbed the silver ring he wore on his right ring finger as tears well up more in his swollen eyes. The ring was Taekwoon's present for his birthday last two years, and also an engagement ring. "Taekwoonnie.." Hakyeon closed his eyes, letting his tears flow down freely as memories played in his mind from two years ago, on the very same date.

Flashback.

      Hakyeon pouted as he sat at a table at the back of the cafe he and Taekwoon was supposed to meet up for his birthday. They decided to arrive at 3 p.m. and Hakyeon did, but Taekwoon didn't and it is now 3:40 p.m. Hakyeon was so pissed off and he tried to contain it and balled his hands into fists. 'This guy....' Hakyeon grumbled in his mind as he sipped on the mocha he had ordered. Then, when Hakyeon decided to leave and go find the raven haired man and give him a scolding, the said male came bursting right through the door, startling the tanned male. "Wait! Hakyeon!!" Taekwoon yelled as he ran towards the tanned male's direction. Hakyeon rolled his eyes, showing that he is pissed off and huffed. "What? You're late by 40, no, 45 minutes, Taekwoonnie." Hakyeon glared. "Hakyeonnie, please don't be angry~ I swear, I wasn't late for nothing. I have a reason." Taekwoon sat Hakyeon down and showed off some aegyo, a rare side of him to be seen, even by Hakyeon. Hakyeon, being Hakyeon, was quickly affected by the cutest aegyo he had ever seen and might, MIGHT, have died for a second and got revived once more. "F-Fine! What is the reason, pabo?!" Hakyeon looked away, trying to hide his darkening blush.

       "So first, let me apologize for being late, Yeonnie." Taekwoon bowed his head and Hakyeon nodded. "So the reason is... I prepared a suprise for you. Specially for you." After saying those words, the lights of the cafe dimmed and a spotlight , focusing on their table and Taekwoon had a microphone in his hand that he took from god knows where. "This song is dedicated to you, Cha Hakyeon, my one and only." Taekwoon took a deep breath as the music started and he began singing the song.

You probably hated me all day
You still don’t know me, stupid

Your birthday comes only once a year
How could I forget?

I’m sorry I couldn’t express my heart for all this time
I guess I was too shy to say I love you
Will you close your eyes?

Congratulations, happy birthday to my love
I won’t change, I’ll make your heart race every day
I promise you

Thank you so much, thank you for my love
For being born today, for coming to me
Meeting you was a great fortune in my life
Now blow out the candles, my love

The only thing I can do is
To love you even more

There might be times when I hurt you
But please know this one thing
Just like always, just like now

I love you, you’re my everything to me
Even after ten years, it’ll be like only one day has passed
I won’t change, I’ll make your heart race every day
I promise you, my love

It still feels like a dream
An angel is looking at me and smiling
Like this

Even if I yell I love you endlessly
It’s not enough
Lonely and hard days won’t be scary if we’re together
I’ll give you things that always overflow
Thank you so much, thank you for my love

For being born, for being by my side
I am born again because I met you
Now will you put this ring on? My love

 

    Hakyeon was speechless when Taekwoon kneeled down in front of him and pulled out a small black box. The latter opened the box and inside the box was a gleaming silver ring, identical to the one Taekwoon wore on his right ring finger. "Now, will you put this ring on? My love~" Taekwoon repeated the last line. Hakyeon felt tears springing into his eyes as he nodded and hugged Taekwoon tightly. "Yes! Yes I will, Jung Taekwoon!!!" Hakyeon screamed and sobbed into Taekwoon's chest happily. Taekwoon smiled and hugged the red haired back and when the latter pulled back, he slid the ring onto the latter's right ring finger. The other customers cheered and congratulated the newly engaged couple. "Thank you for being born, my love." Hakyeon and Taekwoon both said as they touched their foreheads together, staring into each other's eyes, smiles evident on their mouth. At that time, Hakyeon's birthday cake has arrived at their table. Taekwoon helped Hakyeon who was still sobbing stand and they sat at their table, facing each other as they ate the cake together and feeding each other, happiness evident in the atmosphere. "So, Taekwoonnie, can I call myself a 'Jung' now?" Hakyeon asked and Taekwoon chuckled. "You already have the permission to since the beginning of our love, Hakyeonnie." Taekwoon answered and Hakyeon was more than happy. 'Gomawo yo, Taekwoonnie. Saranghae.'

End of flashback

Back to present.

    Hakyeon resumed his crying as he hugged his right hand close to his chest. "Do you still remember me while being there, in another world, Jung Taekwoon?" Hakyeon asked even when he knew no one would be able to answer him. Hakyeon laid down and cried himself to sleep, the melodies of his sobs being his lullaby.


June 30.

8:00 a.m.

    Hakyeon's eyelids opened when he heard his alarm's ringtone, 2NE1'S Come Back Home -that basically resembles the life he's living now-, going off. He rubbed the sleep off his eyes and sat up. His eyes landed on the empty spot next to him and smiled sadly. "Taekwoonnie.." He muttered and got off bed and stretched. He pulled the curtains open and was greeted by the sight of unique shaped buildings accompanied by the roads and such and also, the floating screen at the centre of the city showing the words 'Virtual Paradise'. The redhead glared at the screen and turned away from the window. "I will surely.. surely.. destroy that piece of crap and get my Taekwoonnie back!!!!" Hakyeon shouted in fury and grabbed his towel and a set of clothes he is going to wear later on and slipped into the bathroom. "I will find a way to get you out of there, I promise, Taekwoonnie."

8:30 a.m.

      After finishing his bath and wearing his clothes, Hakyeon grabbed his smartphone, wallet and tablet and walked out of his and Taekwoon's apartment and went down, entering the city. He inhaled the polluted air and exhaled it out, sighing. "It's so polluted even with the hybrid floating cars everywhere, ugh." Hakyeon rolled his eyes and headed for the very cafe he and Taekwoon got engaged in for his breakfast, putting on an earbud into his right ear and leaving the other dangling, in case there's important news going around and been gossiped by the ahjummas and young ladies all around. 'Especially if it's about a way to enter a certain virtual reality program without being stuck in it..' Hakyeon gripped the long sleeves of his oversized black sweater and entered the air conditioned cafe. Robots were going around on the wheels they call their legs, rushing around to receive and give the customers their orders. Although they use robots as waiters, they used humans as their cooks, bartenders and bakers, making everything feel homemade and at least, has a human and original feeling to it. Which is why Hakyeon loves this cafe.

       He walked to a table near the window and sat near the glass window, staring out, watching the people walking by the cafe. A tap on the table made him turn and he was met by a young human male. "N hyung!" The male greeted the tanned male happily. "Oh, Sungjae~!" Hakyeon, known as N to his friends, replied and smiled to the young male named Sungjae. Despite having robots as waiters, there are moments where the cafe lets their human staff work as the waiters too. And Hakyeon's favourite was Sungjae who looked like him, but fairer and younger. "Sungjae, good morning~!" Hakyeon greeted. "Good morning, N hyung~! Are you ordering the usual?" "The drinks are the usual, hot mocha but I would like a strawberry cheesecake slice." Hakyeon ordered and Sungjae nodded, transferring the message to the other staffs through an ear piece. "Is that all, hyung?" "Yep, thank you Sungjae~!" "It's my work after all~! Hyung, I realized you eat types of cakes but you never get fat... Why?" Sungjae asked. "My metabolism rate is super high and I dance a lot, remember~" Hakyeon answered, giggling at Sungjae's cuteness. "Ohh..... Daebak!!!! Well then, I hope you will enjoy your meal!!" Sungjae bid his farewell and went to the kitchen of the cafe, ready to make Hakyeon's and the other customers' orders.

     15 minutes later, his orders came and Hakyeon started eating them whilst surfing through the Internet for more information on the 'Virtual Paradise' and making up strategies to break into the program without being stuck in it afterwards. As he was sipping on his mocha with eyes fixated onto the screen of his tablet, he saw a figure walking to him through the corners of his eyes. The redhead set his cup down and at that time, a hand came to rest on his shoulder. He looked up to see a male with a foreigner look looking down at him and the screen of his tablet. The male then sat at the opposite of him and took the tablet from him, examining the screen.

     "My name is Lee Jaehwan. And I'm guessing you lost your lover to this program too, right? I did too. And I think you would like some help from me on ways to break in without getting caught and without being stuck afterwards." Jaehwan put the tablet down and held his hand in front of Hakyeon, requesting for a handshake, to which Hakyeon accepted. "Hello, I am Cha/Jung Hakyeon and yes, what you said was true. So, care to help me?" "My pleasure to do so."


A/N: Yeoreobun annyeonghaseyo~!! So chapter one is up!!!! This chapter talks about Hakyeon and Taekwoon~! You will decide  for next chapter! Majority wins! It  is between Raven, HyukBin and XiuChen!!! ^^ Thank you for the support!!! After reading, don't forget to:-

SUBSCRIBE,

COMMENT,

UPVOTE!!

I love you all! So I need to go now~! Annyeonggg~!!!!

~PandaCyborgYan~