Final.

The Five Things

There are five things Yoongi is thankful for.

 

He’s thankful for his parents. For bringing him into this world, although the world might not have been thankful for having Yoongi. He’s thankful for his mom for bringing him and his brother up the best way and the only way she can even though halfway down the road, his father had left them. He’s still thankful for his father though, without him Yoongi would have never existed, would have never been a living and breathing organism, so he gives his father some credit.

 

He’s thankful for his friends and bandmates. Seokjin, for being the second mother to him and all the other boys when they were away from their family. Namjoon, for being their father figure, disciplinarian, and their anchor when times are hard. Hoseok, for lighting everybody up even when scandals, problems, and fights arise. Taehyung, for being Hoseok’s sidekick and a good dongsaeng to him and never causing problems. And Jungkook, for adding color to their lives as the times go by.

 

He’s thankful for the fans for supporting them as they take on another year into stardom. Yoongi hadn’t really thought of going this far. Twelve years as a group is tough. There have been a lot of downs, but the ups were what always got them through the toughest of times. Even when the group was in the brink of breaking up because of Yoongi’s relationship leak. No one really wanted him to leave so they all made up their mind to just disband rather than kicking out some of their members. When everything blew up, Yoongi never thought that all of their fans would back them up and support the relationship. He’s thankful for them for supporting the group even when one member was missing in some of the performances, when someone gets sick or injured, when someone has a birthday, and for making the past twelve years the best years of his life.

 

He’s thankful that there is a God or a higher being somewhere up there. As Yoongi’s looking toward the end of this aisle, he’s thankful for everything that made this day happen. He’s thankful for the weather, since the forecast had told them earlier that there will be a storm brewing somewhere in the country. But the sky hasn’t been acting up since the day started. Yoongi’s never been happier.

 

As the ceremony starts, he eyes his friends standing on either side of him. Namjoon is his best man. Always have, and always will. Hoseok is standing beside Namjoon, looking at the love of his life, Taehyung, on the other side. Seokjin and Jungkook were at the far end of the courtyard near to the speakers since they were the ones singing.

 

His mom and dad had reunited for this day and his hyung was sitting next to them. He sees his mother wiping tears from her eyes. He glances at his dad as the older gives him his proudest smile. His older brother sits beside his parents, also with a wide smile on his face. He sees his brother-in-law and he gives a thumbs up to Yoongi.

 

The guests stand and Seokjin and Jungkook starts to sing the songs he has specially prepared for this day. He glances at Namjoon on his left who is currently staring lovingly at Seokjin who is currently singing and looking back at him with the same loving look. On normal days, Yoongi would writhe and squirm in disgust at the sight of these two being lovey-dovey, but since today is a special day not only for him but for everyone, he just smiles at them.

 

At the end of the aisle, seeing the love of his life emanating warmth and love and happiness makes Yoongi all bubbly but nervous inside. He’s on the brink of marrying the person of his dreams and he will never regret it one bit. He’s just nervous because of the vows. He hopes he doesn’t cry that much when they both utter their own passages.

 

Of all the things Yoongi is thankful for, he is the most thankful for Jimin. He’s been with him since the start of everything. Jimin’s been witness to the enigma that is Min Yoongi, and he has never once made Yoongi feel uncomfortable or not loved. If anything, he was the one who made Yoongi who he is today. Everyone knew that someday, this marriage would happen, because Jimin has always been Yoongi’s and Yoongi has inevitably been Jimin’s from the time the younger was born into this world. Jimin had made Yoongi the happiest man in the world when he agreed to Yoongi’s surprise proposal. They have just finished learning the dance routine for their 10th anniversary single and Jimin has been completely exhausted from teaching the others. Yoongi was so struck with Jimin when the younger was so selfless and happy with helping the others out that he doesn’t even care if he’s been up for thirty hours straight. It had been the moment he realized that yeah, I’d like to spend the rest of my days with him. So pocketing the ring he had bought that one time in Europe, he walked towards Jimin who was drinking water and chatting with Taehyung on the other side of the room and got on one knee. And, as the saying goes, the rest is history.

 

Now he is standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for the time they say ‘I do’ and become one.

 

Somewhere along the road, Yoongi would look back at the things he’s the most thankful for. People may change, the fans may leave, the group might break up, but one thing is for sure. He will always be thankful for Jimin.