1. The Three Mushortiers

Batch 2 | Januari 2015 (Part 1)

MoonClair

chingu line, oneside!chandara, somehow turned into chansoo in the middle of the story

[please forgive my chansoo feelings]

friendship/ comedy

based on the three musketeers

 

 

It purely started as a joke, courtesy of Park Chanyeol. he had this planned through the winter break and he didn’t expect it to be a backlash, even for a bit. Together with Kyungsoo he bought a child book story, with dazzling color as its illustration for their irritatingly annoying bestfriend, Byun Baekhyun.

The duo has expected Baekhyun to go full berserk at their early birthday gift, shouting and pouting at how they treat him, the oldest of the group as a kiddo. But, none of those moment happened, instead they now sat in an empty class room with paper name tags on their chest and an amused Jongdae watching Baekhyun go full noble in the front of the class.

“Officially from now on we’re the three musketeers, you es! All for one, one for all! Y’all dumbest motherer!” Kyungsoo do think that the sooner Baekhyun knocked himself out on the nearest chair would be better, he hates to lay his hand on filthy idiot like Baekhyun.

Baekhyun walk in rough modern army style, totally forgotten that his musketeer role was coming from old france, which has the more elegant nobility than the present day. He stops his track at Jongdae’s side then patting the latter’s head in somewhat silly manner like Jongdae was one of his child but he’s not really sure whether he wants to raise this child or to kill him right here and then. And starting from that day, Baekhyun changed his name to Porthos, Jongdae to Aramis, Kyungsoo to Athos, and Chanyeol to D’artagnan, which is turned Kyungsoo to a big ball of sulk, because “why the hell I couldn’t be D’artagnan? I’m the youngest of you all dummies after all!”

Jongdae rolls his eyes too hard that day he could feel his eyeballs got sprained.

__

One of thing that terrified Chanyeol the most is, when Kyungsoo sulks. The guy was already an intimidating satan kiddo when he’s on his best day, now you can imagine how scary he’ll be when he’s angry. If Kyungsoo punched his arm jokingly on a good day, now Chanyeol must resist the burning sting on his stomach after receiving a punch from the smaller man, just because “your idea was always , I shouldn’t believed you. I hate you!”

Chanyeol, who’s curled oh so pitiful on his bedroom floor, just whines for a couple minutes before managed to talking back to his bestfriend.

“But you said it was genius while we paid the book!”

Yes it was a brilliant idea, but that’s before they realized that Baekhyun’s brain works differently than any other mankind. Realistically, a healthy young man would be mad if someone gave them a copy of illustrated book of the three musketeers, but this byun guy grew his yet biggest smirk Kyungsoo ever knew instead. Kyungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose, never had he felt so irritated than these days.

Still rings in his ears Baekhyun’s words, the annoying tenor voice of a puppy boy when he announced rather proudly of how their little group of friends will be called as the three mushortiers.

“And since, this elf giraffe mutant is taller than any of us, he should be D’artagnan!” Baekhyun shouted in Kyungsoo’s head and he can feel another wave of headache coming.

“It’s your entire fault.” Kyungsoo said again then kicked Chanyeol who’s still curled up on the floor.

Honestly Chanyeol couldn’t understand why his bestfriend does hated the idea of them being musketeers, when in fact there’s no real harm of being musketeer, or mushortier I must said, after all. Even Jongdae had embraced the idea of being Aramis, despite the fact the Cheshire man never have solid reason to deny Baekhyun.

“soo, why do you so angry by the way?”

“Is there any real reason to not mad about your friends idiot acts?” not really a good reason but it’s kind of hard to remember or to think in the state of bad migraine like this. But honestly, Kyungsoo himself never know the real reason was. And being a good friend he is, Chanyeol recognized the puzzled face of Kyungsoo and stay quiet for his life.

 

__

So, since it isn’t France and there’s no king to be protected at Seoul the three mushortiers didn’t really have a duty like the real musketeers, instead they protected their D’artagnan. And protecting a clumsy giant, proved to be harder than protecting any kind of kings.

“D’artagnan! Stop stop! You’re going to hurt yourself!”

“D’artagnan! That milk is expired you fool!”

“D’artagnan! Watch your front!”

“yeol! Watch your step! It’s the 40th time already you’re tripped after a pebble! A pebble! For god’s sake!” and a slap landed perfectly at the back of Chanyeol’s head, courtesy of tiny little Kyungsoo. The park is quiet save for two giggling boys and a groaning giant, but Kyungsoo had this strange urge to tell the whole world just shut the up. Kyungsoo did scream though, and it never really felt refreshing.

__

“Password?”

“It’s not fun baek, why did I have to tell you a password to my own bedroom?”

“pass.word.” Kyungsoo wished his parent didn’t judge him for gnawing Baekhyun’s eyes out after he did open the door. a big amount of air from his nose, Kyungsoo gritted his teeth then muttering “one for all, all for one” under his breath. His bed room door swung open and there he saw a big smiled Baekhyun right behind the door and a sleepy Jongdae tangled with his bed sheet. There isn’t any sign of big creepy smile and curly hair anywhere in his room.

“Where’s Chanyeol?” he asked while making himself comfortable on the carpeted floor of his bedroom. In the front of him, sitting on his study desk, baekyun raised one of his eyebrows.

“You mean D’artagnan? Oh Athos is missed him?”

“You three didn’t have something planned behind my back, right?” Kyungsoo ask suspiciously, he could heard Jongdae’s soft chuckle behind him and sleepy murmurs.

“No no no, we don’t, don’t worry ajumma.” Kyungsoo smacked his frail looking ribs after that.

“Well actually we’re coming here to arrange a plan!”

“For D’artagnan!”

“What plan?” Kyungsoo hated it when his voice betrayed him, he was supposed to sounds like he didn’t care though.

So there’s a story of a heart wrenching first love of creeper park Chanyeol, and a beauty of the century named Ms. Park Dara. Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol had crushing so hard on the new English teacher for a while now, and Kyungsoo knew very well that Chanyeol won’t go anywhere with his shy nature. And apparently the three mushorties want to play cupid for the helpless boy.

“So we will set these two up.” Jongdae said, opening their questionable meeting. “I had a very legit info that Dara sunsaengnim also liked our tall friend.”

“You guys sure aren’t mistaken three musketeers with minions, right?”

But as always they skipped Kyungsoo’s words like a strong and short wind on their face.

“Oh I have heard some gossip from other class, that Dara saem had asked a few of their friend about Student Park from b class.”

“And as we know, we only have 2 parks. Park Soojin and our beloved Park Chanyeol. And as we know, park soojin is an unattractive nerd boy compared to our handsome Chanyeol, so it’s safe to say that Park haksaeng which Dara saem have talked about is our Park.”

“O Porthos, should we set a blind date for them?”

“That’s too obvious! How about…” and so, as they talked and planned [they as in Jongdae and Baekhyun] Kyungsoo was left alone playing with his finger nails until eventually fell asleep, when he’s waking up to snoring duo on his bed.

__

A week after that, Jongdae had Mr. Kwon convinced that Chanyeol will be the best person to send some document to Dara saem’s house. As confused as Chanyeol can be, the obedient boy diligently kicked his pedal to Dara saem’s house, with the mushorties on his side.

“Why me?” Chanyeol had asked multiple times. But his friends just shrugged their shoulder nonchalantly. “I mean why would Mr Kwon entrust grade ‘A’ documents to a well known clumsy giant?”

Oh he actually knows that he’s a walking disaster, good for him. Kyungsoo thought.

“Guys, can’t you bring this to Ms. Park’s house instead of me?” Chanyeol said when they finally reached apartment complex where Ms. Dara lived. Kyungsoo can see long legs trembling embarrassingly as though they can’t longer support long torso and curly head of their owner. On the corner of his eyes Kyungsoo can saw Jongdae slapped his forehead a little bit too loud, a nasty red strips he left seems a bit painful.

“Ah c’mon D’artagnan, don’t be a ! It’s your only chance to have a proper talk with Dara saem!” Baekhyun groans, he pushed Chanyeol’s back harshly, ignoring his plea to not come alone. At his last resort Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo and give smaller boy a sad puppy look which Kyungsoo secretly have a soft heart on.

“soo, please come with me.”

And here he stood in the front of wooden door beside a trembling and blushing giant.

“Until when do I have to stand like a fool in front of someone’s door like this Chanyeol-ah?” Kyungsoo isn’t the most patient human being, in fact Kyungsoo is the epitome of impatience. It’s actually a miracle for him coping up with Chanyeol for a long time.

 Chanyeol looked like he’s ready to cry and pissing his pant of nervousness, the stack of documents in his hand shakes. Kyungsoo clicked his tongue then proceed to knock the door by himself.

“Ah..soo………” he’s somehow feel a little bit happy when he see Chanyeol’s crying face.

There’s soft voice of girl saying “yes” muffled by the brick wall and wooden door, then hurried small steps and Kyungsoo can picture their English teacher is cheerily sporting a small run to the door. Not long after that clicked sound of opening door can be heard and it’s really fascinating to see Chanyeol’s face slowly turning into deepest shade of red, blue then turned into white in mean time.

Pretty smile of Dara saem popping out like a blooming flower when she saw Chanyeol, and the said boy stood frozen like he just witnessing a ghost smiling at him while bungee jumping.

“Oh! Chanyeol haksaeng! Kyungsoo haksaeng! What bring you two here?” oh how smooth and cute voice of Dara saem, Kyungsoo can hear the heart of Chanyeol slowly melting in his ribcage. Chanyeol always have pretty big eyes but today Kyungsoo witnessed that those eyes can grew even bigger, it’s almost endearing to saw his giant friend looks like he had lost his self esteem in front of a literary half size compared to Chanyeol himself.

“Ah… so.. This… uh… kwon sun…sunsaengnim…. Uh….” Cold sweat started to dripping to Chanyeol’s neck, Dara saem’s dazzling gaze seemed to have blinded him.

“Yes?” so cute, too cute, even Kyungsoo’s head started to spin in awe, how come a person be this pretty and cute and everything good and fluffy like a fairy?

“So….I…so….uh….”

“yeees?”

“I…..” Kyungsoo really want to slap Chanyeol back to his senses but insead hi slapped his own face rather hard.

Kyungsoo didn’t get even get paid yet he still have to heard this century most annoying stutter from Chanyeol. In the speed of light Kyungsoo cut Chanyeol’s speech and straightly told Ms. Park their business. Kyungsoo want to end this silly match making business and going to home to his beloved bed.

“Mr. Kwon sent us to deliver these documents here.”

“Ah! I see, okay!” she beams, Kyungsoo have a strange urge to cover his eyes. Come in, I’ll made you a nice tea~ or do you want another thing to drink?”

“You useless thing.” Kyungsoo hissed behind his gritted teeth while glaring to the miserable giant.

__

Being together with Dara Saem longer than 5 minutes was Chanyeol’s biggest dream, but sitting in her living room, having the chance to sip her freshly self brewed tea is really on another level. Today’s Chanyeol in Kyungsoo eyes looks like he’s dead already and on his way flying high to the heaven. He barely can tell how’s the milk tea tasted like, almost burnt his tongue to a cup of smoking hot tea. Never in his short live Chanyeol feel happier than this very moment.

In other hand, Kyungsoo wonder if their teacher hated them. Who served their guest a cup of hot tea in the middle of august heat unless they’re hated the guest to death?

“I hope you didn’t get trouble while reaching here?”

“Not really, saem. It’s quite well known area after all.”

“I see~ it’s really nice to having cute guest in my lonely house, you know. Thanks for coming!”

“Ah, no no no saem, we’re happy to be here too!” too enthusiastic, too creepy. Chanyeol looks lige a big dog, invincible tail wiggling behind Chanyeol’s .

“By the way you guys are in the same class with Park Soojin haksaeng right?”

Oh no, look at these trouble of misunderstanding stupid Jongdae and idiot Baekhyun gave him.

“Ah… yes…”

“Good then, you guys can pass his test score for me? He left it here yesterday.”

“H….here?” Chanyeol’s voice is shaking from shock.

“eum! He frequently drop by here, you guys can do that too if you feel like.” such a responsible words coming from that cute tiny lips, it cut very deep in Chanyeol’s heart, bloods are dripping into Kyungsoo’s eyes to see. Those beaming eye smile that previously looks like angel’s ring shining above her head now it seems like thousand light of neon hurting Chanyeol’s eyes, he feels like crying now. Kyungsoo squeezed his bestfriend’s under the table to stop him from spilling ugly tears which now almost dripping from his red eyes. It’s one of those rare moments when Kyungsoo actually feels sorry for Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo switched his gaze from the white of the wall to Chanyeol’s face, his lips jutting out and his eyebrows furrowing into an ugly frown, at some point Chanyeol looking at Kyungsoo too, for couple of second they exchanging gaze.

Do you want to leave? Kyungsoo asked via his eyes, and the poor boy nodded his head slightly.

__

“Don’t cry.” Kyungsoo said softly when they’re strolling outside the building, it’s 30 minutes after their epic escape from Dara saem’s living room and Chanyeol didn’t feel like to going home, so Kyungsoo took him around after physically hurting the two idiots for gathering a false info that leading to a hurting poor soul.

Chanyeol actually keep silent and didn’t let out any sniffles that he frequently did since they’re leaving Dara saem’s. But when Kyungsoo turned his head to the giant, a wave of shock hit him so hard. It’s so strange to see a usually happy person to cry silently like this. Kyungsoo sighed then lifted his hand to ruffling the giant’s hair.

“Why are you never do what are you told to do?”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be sad, you’re handsome there’s a lot of our friends that take a like on you.” Chanyeol nodded but tears still falling from his eyes, like a child who lost his favorite toy car.

“You still have me.”

At that Chanyeol stopped crying, he lift his palm to dry his cheeks then throw a big smile that looks incredibly cute with red nose and wet eyes to Kyungsoo.

“That’s right, I still have you.”

“Tomorrow, I’m going to kill Jongdae and Baekhyun. Don’t even try to stop me.”

“I probably will help you”

 

 

END