final

FOREVER!!!!!

His brooch shines!
He’s adjusting his ‘Bow’ with a hand while trying to drink the orange Juice Taemin has brought for him. Out of nervousness, his hands are shaking and he spills some Juice on his Suit.

“Oh! Key are you really that nervous?” Taemin asks him as he takes the glass away.

Key looks at his best friend shyly. Yes! He is nervous. It’s his wedding after all.

“You’ve got all of us crazy behind your ‘Suit’. Now you only are spoiling it” Taemin frowns.

Key slowly looks at his reflection in the mirror. He had really made his friends roam around all over Seoul to find this particular ‘Suit’. Grey suit with black highlights. The silver brooch that gave it a royal look! His favourite colours, Minho’s favourite colours…..oh! He is obsessed with him. He still remembers when he came to know about Minho’s choice of colours on him.

A memory:

It was their last year of college. He was damn nervous to get ready for their last college dance eve. What if Minho didn’t like it? He had pulled every single piece of cloth out of his cupboard.

“Wear whatever Key! You always look good!” Onew rolled his eyes. Finally after a confusion of two hours, he picked up a black skinny jeans and blue tank top which Onew brought for him on his last birthday but he never wore it. A black skinny jeans and light blue tank top that went perfect with his slender body. Probably today it fitted the occasion.

He was out in the party and he knew his efforts have not been wasted. He could almost feel a lot of people gazing at him, and to be frank, he was really uncomfortable with it.

“Whoa Key! Are you in a mood to set the party on fire?” A voice came from behind and he smiled. How badly he was waiting for him!
“You’re late Minho!” He turned around his breath stuck in his throat. How can anyone, anyone look so damn handsome!

Minho snapped his fingers in front of Key and he came out of his trance. Minho smiled, as if he knew what Key was thinking.

“Not your fault Bum, I Know I look good!” He said with a wink and Key elbowed him in the stomach.

“Ouch! That hurts Bum, and though I never thought I’d ever ask you this, but, may I have this dance with you?” He said with a smile and how could Key ever say no to him. He nodded in yes.

As they headed towards the Dance floor, Minho suddenly leaned closer and whispered in Key’s ear,
“You look great, but next time, make sure you wear grey with black, you look stunning in those colours!” 

A sudden noise brings Key out of his past. He again looks in the mirror and checks if everything is fine. He is nervous as hell. He needs his friends, but he knows Onew, Woohyun and Joon would not talk to him today.

Suddenly the door opens and Key looks back. His lips curve into a smile as he sees it is Onew. He needed him, badly. Onew is standing at the door, smiling, with a bouquet of yellow and white roses in his hands.

“Congratulations Key” he says as he comes closer and sits on his knees near his couch.

“You’re looking great!” he says, as both of them look at each other’s reflection in mirror and talk. Finally after a few minutes, Onew stands up to go. He reaches the door and turns around.

“Key” he calls out.
“Yes Onew?”
“You look nervous. Are you sure you’re coming down. The groom is already here.” He said.
“You know what Onew. I never get nervous when Minho is around. I love him a lot!” He smiles. Onew looks at him for a long time before leaving.

“Key let’s go!” Taemin and his other friends came in. “The groom is looking so handsome!”  Key gave a smile to his friends. Taemin, Jaejin and Dongho, his school friends, everyone was present to share this moment with him. He stands up and walks towards them. They surround him and proceed out of the room.

As he reaches the stairs, he looks down, his heart pounding in his chest, his eyes impatiently searching for that one person. And there he was….

Minho...

He couldn’t help but smile when Minho looks up and shows thumbs up sign to him, telling him that he looked handsome. But Key doesn’t care. He is again lost in Minho’s charm. Minho looked out of the world in his black “Suit”, Key has chosen it for him. Minho always looked handsome in black.

As he starts coming down, he marvels at the thought that there was a time in Seoul University when they couldn’t stand each other for even a minute. He thought about the day when their equation with each other changed, which was the foundation for their current relationship.

A Memory:

Key followed Minho to Choi villa.

He had convinced Minho to go to his parents once, and miraculously, he had agreed too. But something in Key’s heart told him that he should follow Minho, and so he did.

He was waiting in anticipation outside Minho’s home, waiting for Minho to come out. He thought he’d have to wait for an hour or two, But to his surprise, Minho came out in 10 minutes.

Minho was looking lost, and Key was wondering if he had made a mistake. Minho collapsed on the floor and started crying. Key rushed to him and sat in front of him. Minho didn’t even look shocked to see him there. He kept crying and Key kept looking at him. They didn’t know for how long they sat there just like this, without even uttering a word. Finally, after a few moments, they stood up and walked towards the bus stand. Somehow, they both knew by then, that they were no longer enemies.

Again, the loud hooting of the crowd that is sitting in the hall, jolts Key out of his trance. He smiles at his parents who have tears of joy in their eyes. Their beloved son is getting married today. Suddenly, his brother and Minho come close to the steps and stretch out their hands to take Key to the stage. Key’s brother and Minho had become best of friends since last few months. Key happily gives his hand to both guys as they walk beside him and take him to the place where the Minister is standing. It is finally, the time. Key looks at Minho and wonders if words would ever be able to describe his love for him. 

Finally, it is Minho who walks with him till the stage and finally, he makes him stand there.

With his groom Jonghyun...

His heart again shatters into a million pieces as Minho leaves his hand and walks back to the place where all his relatives are standing. His smile vanishes but the very next second, he tells himself that he’s doing it for his family, and for Minho. He brings the smile back to his face, which he has been doing since morning. He again stops his tears and smiles at everyone, no matter how dead he feels from inside at the moment. He isn’t listening to the vows that the minister is saying. He simply closes his eyes and relives all the moments he had lived with Minho.

A memory:

“Key! It’s final year now. Now you have to tell Minho!”  Onew screamed at him.
“Yes Key! You have to tell him.” Woohyun joins in too. “I know he loves you too.” 
“But I’m the older one!”  Key complains.
“So what, you always do the opposite!” they all screamed at him.

Key finally took a deep breath and walked towards the Library. He knew Minho was there. He finally reached the library and saw him reading a book. He smiled widely. Minho had done so much for him that he couldn’t thank him ever, neither he could tell when he fell in love with him. In his second year, Minho and Key became best of friends. They spent all their day with each other, quarrelling, laughing. In his third year, his father wanted him to be back at home, because his marriage was still fixed with Jonghyun and they wanted it to be done as soon as possible, but Minho went to his family and somehow, convinced them to let him study further before getting him married. Ever since, Minho was like a family member to them. Minho was happy too, because after all these years, he had a family.

“Minho!” he almost screamed.
“Damn Bum! You scared me.” He said.
“What am I going to tell you, will scare you even more!” he smiled.
“O yeah? Try me.” He smirked.

He was ready to say those three magical words to him, but suddenly his phone rang. He saw it was his dad. He picked up the phone but couldn’t say anything. By the time, he kept the phone down. He was on the verge of tears.

“What’s wrong Bum?” Minho asked worriedly. 
“Jonghyun’s family found out that I’m doing fashion. They have called off the marriage.”  He said with a dead expression on his face.
“But why are you sad? This is what you always wanted!” Minho said.
“Mom’s in the hospital.” He said as tears streamed down his face. “Heart attack.”
“Key you stay here. I’m going to Busan okay! I promise everything will be fine.”

He convinced Key to stay and Key believed him. He knew Minho would tell his parents that he loved Key and he was ready to marry him. His parents loved Minho too much, they won’t disagree. He came back to college next day. Key rushed to him, and found him smiling. So he had fixed everything!

He rushed to him and hugged him tightly. They have grown comfortable with this. It was never awkward. He was about to say I love you but…

“Everything is fine Bum! Jonghyun is ready to marry you!”

His heart dropped. What did Minho just say?

“You can complete your fashion Bum. Isn’t it great?” he was beaming with happiness. Key looked blankly at him. He was not in a state to say anything. His heart was crushing into a million little pieces. So Minho never loved him? Was he always a friend?

“So now you’ll come to our last college dance, won’t you?” He asked.
“Yes! Thank you!” Key smiled and hugged him. At that very moment, Key had decided that he will never let Minho know how much he loved him. Minho had always lived with trouble; he never wanted Minho to live with the guilt that he broke Key’s heart…..

The wedding end on time and Key again fakes his smile to everyone. He is looking for Minho but he is not there.

He is out in the lawn, taking slow steps. He never thought it is going to be this tough, but today! He just can’t see Key marrying someone else. If only he had realized his love a bit earlier.

He didn’t even realize it till the day Key got engaged to Jonghyun. Key has been happy for the wedding and well, he was happy for Key. But after that day, he was literally snatched away from him. He couldn’t call Key anytime he wanted, he couldn’t tell him what to wear or what not to wear. Key belonged to someone else, and only then he realized what Key meant to him. 

He sits on a bench, thinking about all this. This is too late now; Key’s family trusts him a lot. He cannot break their trust. He will love Key forever, silently. He stands up and gives a final glance to Key’s home, and then walks out of the gate.

28 YEARS LATER:

Key is sitting in a cab, holding a news paper in his hands, pressed tightly to his chest. His hairs are greying on the corners, but they are still his best feature, people tell him that.

As soon as the cab reaches the hospital, Key steps out of it, his legs trembling. He knows he is going to face people he hasn’t met in last 28 years, but still he carries himself to the 6th floor of the hospital. Then he finally spots all of them….

Joon, Taemin, Woohyun, Onew and one more woman. She is probably Onew’s wife. Even in this tensed situation, Key smiles as he looks at his best friends from the college. There are two kids also; probably his friends have become parents too….

They aren’t looking at him. They are just sitting outside the ICU. Then suddenly, Onew spots Key at the end of the corridor and all of them stand up. The newspaper falls down from his shaky hands. It’s front headline read,

“Top Business tycoon Choi Minho suffers a heart attack at the age of 52.”

Key walks to them, they are in shock to see him after so many years and he can tell it from their faces. Taemin is already crying and that woman is holding him tightly. Onew comes forward.

“Key you...” Was all he manages to say.

Key looks at his friends. He knows he owns a clarification to them as well, and he wants to talk to them first because once he is with Minho, he won’t let anyone disturb them this time.

“Where is Jonghyun?” Woohyun asks him and Key looks at him, his gaze apologetic.
“Where were you Key? All these years?”  Taemin asks, still crying.

Key lets out a huge sigh before he starts to speak.
“Jonghyun was ready to marry me on one condition. He had asked my parents to give away every single penny they had as dowry if they wanted me to marry him. Dad sold his company to Jonghyun. I was oblivious to all this. On the night of the wedding, I came to know about this condition and I…I divorced him the very next day.”

“Key! Where were you? Do you know how madly we all searched you? Minho and your family were worried as hell!” Joon said.

“I didn’t want to be a shame on my family’s name, so….I left home and I joined a school in a small town. I didn’t want to be a burden on Minho.”

He looks at everyone; he can see the depth of the pain he has caused them. He has believed that Minho never loved him, and he has sworn that he would never see him in this lifetime because he still doesn’t want Minho to feel responsible for his pitiable condition. But today, the newspaper headlines have pulled him to this hospital.

All of them watch silently as Key enters the ICU. All their lives, they have believed that Minho loved Key a lot, he never got married, neither had any affairs. All his business was named after Key and the whole world knew that he loved a guy named Key. He has done remarkable things for fashion industry and they knew, this is a way of him to love his fashionista Key. But today, they found out that Key loved him equally but, silently. They are astonished as they witness a love story written in books only…….

Key enters the ICU and there he is….

A tear escapes the corner of his eyes as he looks at his love after almost three decades, but he is still the most handsome guy of his age. He lets out a sad laugh when he wonders if he is still a fitness maniac. He finally walks over to him and sits beside him on his bed. he bends down, and he wants to say “I LOVE YOU” to him, but then he chucks the idea. They have plenty of time now……

He rests his head on his chest and feels his heartbeats. It was the best music he has ever heard in his life. Soon he drifts off to a comfortable sleep……..

The next day, newspapers were filled with only one headline.

“Mr. Choi Minho dies of heart attack after a day in the ICU. They found a man named Kim Kibum, dead on his bed who died of heart attack too. Sources tell us that he is the same Kim Kibum after whom Mr. Choi has named his company, “K.K Enterprises.” Their cremation will take place today.”

Minho opens his eyes but shuts them immediately. The place is too bright! He finally rubs his eyes and stands up. He decides to walk ahead but suddenly…

“Hey you frog” a voice comes from behind. He turns, only to find Key coming to him, dressed in his usual blue denim and white tee. Just the way he dressed up back in the college. Minho smiles, he is still that 21 year old, fashionista Bum.

“You won’t even let me die at peace Bum!” he smirks and looks at himself. He too is dressed up just like he used to dress up in the college.

“I won’t let you die alone frog” he smiles too as he comes closer.
“Umm I guess we’re dying at the age of 52. Why do we look like 20 years old college students?” he asks, confused.
“Coz we stopped living the day we parted ways!” he whispers.

Minho looks at him. He is as handsome as he last saw him. Minho holds his hand and they start walking. Suddenly, he stops and says something to Key.

“Wait Bum! I forgot to tell you something!”
“What?”
“I LOVE YOU!” he finally says.
“Don’t you think it’s a bit late?” he asks.
“It’s never late!”
“I LOVE YOU TOO.” Key replies as they walk ahead, hand-in-hand………


A/N: although its my 2nd fanfic here but its my personal favourite peice of my writing, hope you guys will also like it. English is not my first language so pardon me for the mistakes.

P.S- readers who are reading my other story once in a while i am sorry but i will update it soon.