Unfinished

One Shot- Unfinished

 

"Need me to pick you up?"

Hankyung paused 

"No, I know my way....but"

"But?" The voice was quick to react, with brash desperateness.

"Heechul-ah....are you sure?"

Heechul tutted through the phone "Of course I am."

Hankyung sighed "Arasso (fine/ I understand) I'm coming now."

 

As Hankyung hung up, he took off his sunglasses for the first time since stepping out of the airport.

It was not the first time he had arrived through this airport, but never like this.

No fans following him, no manager. Just him.

His visit was a secret, only him and Heechul knew, and Heechul only found out one week before Hankyung departed from Beijing.

When Hankyung broke the news to him, it was their first time being in contact in months.

Putting back on his glasses, he reached out his arm onto the road.

"Taxi!"

 

------

When Hankyung stepped out of the taxi at his destination, Kim Heechul was already waiting for him.

They were left in silence as the taxi drove away, staring at each other.

They had met a few times after Hankyung left of course, but this time it seemed different.

Hankyung was the first to make a move as he lessened the gap between him and his friend, dragging his suitcase behind him.

Neither spoke.

Out of the silence, Hankyung laughed.

"Look at your hair Kim Heechul!" He pointed at the said short, military hair of Heechul and doubled over laughing.

"Yah! Is this the only thing you can say to me after a year apart?!" Heechul grabbed Hankyung by the neck and strangled him playfully "Is this the right way to treat your roomate?"

At the word "roomate" Hankyung stopped laughing.

Heechul's hands dropped to his side.

"Heechul-ah....." Hankyung's voice softened "It suits you." He smiled and ruffled Heechul's head.

Heechul threw his arms around his friend as he felt tears stinging his eyes.

"Hankyung....I missed you..." He sniffed.

"I missed you too Heechul...."

 

Under the apartments, two close friends hugged each other and wept.

 

----

Hankyung placed his hand on the cold, metal door handle.

He stopped. "Heechul-ah..."

Heechul didn't reply, dragging Hankyung's suitcase behind him, he stepped forward to place his hand on top of Hankyung's and turned the handle, opening the door to Super Junior's dorm.

"I'm home." He yelled into the apartment.

Several grunts were heard from various people, but no one turned to look.

Heechul cleared his throat "We have a guest!" He announce, causing the heads of the people within earshot to finally turn and look.

The first one to see Hankyung was Leeteuk. "Han......"

Then everyone was silent.

Hankyung stepped forward with the help of a light shove from Heechul.

He bowed a ninety-degree bow "Annyonghaseyo everyone."

Nothing.

Suddenly, Hankyung felt himself being pulled up roughly.

"Yah you!" the person yelled, grabbing him by the collar with a snarl.

"Donghae!" Leeteuk and Siwon were the first to react and quickly rushed forward.

"Donghae, calm down!" Leeteuk said as Siwon tried to pry Donghae's hands from Hankyung's collar without success.

Soon enough, everyone around the room came and surrounded the pair- Eunhyuk who was just sitting on the couch, Ryewook who was in the kitchen, and Heechul.

"What!? Y-you think after what you did you can just come back like this? How can you?! HOW CAN YOU!" Donghae yelled as he shook Hankyung by the collar.

"Donghae!" Leeteuk and Siwon grabbed him by the waist and tried to pull him away.

"No, let him." Hankyung's gentle voice seemed to ring out through the racket.

"All of you would be lying if you said you didn't want to hit me for what I've done." Hankyung looked around the room and stopped at Heechul "Even you, Heechul."

Heechul turned away, but stepped back from Donghae.

Leeteuk stared at Hankyung, slowly releasing his grip on Donghae, Eunhyuk and Ryewook eyed their leader carefully, then glanced at Hankyung, also stepping away from Donghae.

Siwon was the only one still holding on "Han-"

"You too Siwon." 

Siwon sighed and detatched himself from Donghae.

Donghae raised his fist pulling Hankyung closer by the collar, Hankyung closed his eyes.

Finally, he felt Donghae's fist make contact with his head.....gentley.

"Welcome back you bastard..." Donghae whispered and pulled Hankyung into his embrace.

 Leetuek, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Ryewook and Heechul all sighed and laughed in relief as they started joining in the hug.

Soon the laughter became tears and tears became laughter all over again.

Leeteuk pulled away from the group and started handing tissues around to everyone.

"Alright everyone!" He yelled into the intercom phone "I don't know how you didn't hear the commotion out here just now, but come out now! No matter what you're wearing! We have a special guest."

Soon enough, members started bursting through the various doors of the hallway.

Shindong, Yesung, Sungmin and maknae Henry.

"Oh Hankyung!?" “Hankyung hyung!?" "Hangeng gege!?" (gege= older brother in chinese)

They stood frozen and staring at Hankyung.

Henry was the first to bounce up to Hankyung and hug him "Gege! I missed you!"

Hankyung nodded, gratified.

Then Shindong, Yesung and Sungming rushed forward to join the hug.

Hankyung took the impact of the bodies silently and smiled as he wrapped his arms around the group.

Then, someone, probably Eunhyuk, jumped into the group also, then Heechul followed, until Hankyung was pushed to the ground with everyone on top of him.

 

"igemwoya?" (What is this?)

A voice broke everyone out of their laughter, they turned to see Kyuhyun and Zhou mi at the door, Zhou mi had a surprised expression, Kyuhyun was expressionless as he stared into the middle of the group- directly at Hankyung.

Hankyung picked himself up from the ground slowly, not breaking his gaze from Kyuhyun.

Hankyung suddenly felt someone run into his arms, he turned his attention away from Kyuhyun to see that is was Zhou mi.

"Zhou mi...." Hankyung's eyes softened as he patted the person who was alreading sobbing into his shoulder "zhe duan ri zi ni xin ku le" (You have worked hard these days/ you have suffered these days)

Zhou mi didn't give him a reply, only held onto him tighter, Hankyung also tightened his embrace as he felt his heart wrench for the younger chinese member.

There was also Henry, but growing up in Canada, Henry was less sensitive and emotional as Zhou mi, also being the maknae, he recieved lots of care from his seniors and less responsibilities when Hankyung left.

He knows what Zhou mi has been through and going through perfectly well, he had been through the same himself, but he wasn't there to support him as a senior anymore. He had abandoned him.

"I'm sorry, Zhou mi...." 

Everyone stared at them silently, it was the first time Hankyung apologized since arriving.

"I'm sorry...everyone..."

The members started gathering around them again, comforting both Hankyung and Zhou mi as they patted them on the back, eventually, it turned into another group hug, only one person wasn't in it, and didn't look like he was keen to join.

Heechul looked at Kyuhyun who was still standing at the doorway.

"Kyuhyunnie...." Heechul found himself being at a loss of words as he motioned to the group who was slowly pulling out of the hug.

"Kyuhyun...." Hankyung took a step forward towards him "I...I'm back..."

Kyuhyun glanced around the room, his eyes landed on Zhou mi who was now wiping his nose and eyes with a tissue. Zhou mi gave him a hopeful smile.

Kyuhyun turned back to Hankyung, his eyes darkened.

"I can see that, what brings you back hyung? is your management company now also mistreating you by trying to make you a star?" Kyuhyun smirked, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

Hankyung's expression faltered.

"Kyuhyun...." Leeteuk glanced at Kyuhyun then at Hankyung with a worried expression.

Kyuhyun's smirk broke into a sweet smile "I'm just joking, whyaren't you guys laughing?" He turned Hankyung "You understand right Hankyung hyung?"

But everyone saw through the hollow, meaningless smile.

Hankyung also gave a small smile, "Yes of course...." He reached out to pat Kyuhyun on the shoulder, but Kyuhyun quickly stepped away.

"Well I'll be in my room, make sure to make yourself feel at home, Hankyung hyung." Kyuhyun's smile disappeared, not bothering to hide the contempt in his voice and eyes as he turned around and took long strides back to his room.

Zhou mi glance worriedly at Kyuhyun's retreating back “He's just having a bad day." He reassured Hankyung, who gave him a small nod.

"Gege, I'm really happy to see you!" He took Hankyung's hands and shook them "We should definitely eat together later..."

"Actuallly, Hankyung will be staying with us." Heechul interupted "....in my room, all his stuff is where he left it...so..."

Surprised expression showed on everyone's faces.

"But if it's a burden then..." Hankyung quickly added, shaking his head at Heechul who had a I-don't-really-care-but-you-are-staying expression on his face.

"No, no of course you are welcome." Leeteuk said quickly, murmurs of agreement around the room placed a satisfied smile on Heechul's face.

"Well then we certainly have to catch up later!" Zhou mi said excitedly, but he couldn't hide his worry "But I'll jsut go check on Kyuhyunnie now okay?"

Everyone nodded silently and Zhou mi turned to walk down the empty hallway.

 

----

 

"xiao dai..." (I think this is the nickname Zhou mi gave Kyuhyun, because he's called hiim that on his weibo updates, it literally means little blur)

Zhou mi walked in on Kyuhyun smashing his keyboard with headphones on.

Kyuhyun didn't remove his eyes from the screen.

"I know you can hear me."

Another smash of the keyboard.

”Kyuhyun!"

"What?!" Kyuhyun snapped furiously, smashing his keyboard then turning to glare a Zhou mi.

Zhou mi was taken aback, Kyuhyun's glare ceased at Zhou mi's shocked expression.

"I'm sorry, Mi, it's just....." Kyuhyun wavered his hands vaguely, but Zhou mi nodded as if he understood perfectly.

Silence filled the air and Kyuhyun turned back to his computer.

"Kyuhyun....Hankyung hyung is going to stay with us during his visit."

Kyuhyun stopped

"Whatever." He replied coldly as he pushed the keyboard away from him "This game is boring, I'm going out."

He stood up to leave but Zhou mi stopped him 

"Kyuhyun...can't you forgive hyung? You miss him right?.....can't you unnderstand why he left!?"

Kyuhyun flung Zhou mi's arm off his "No I don't understand!" he yelled.

 

-

 

Hankyung eyed his surroundings as he unpacked, Heechul wasn't lying, all the things that he left behind were still where they were, untouched but cleaned.

He picked up a photo frame with held a group photo with all fifteen of them together.

He smiled as he studied each of the members' faces on the photo, they were so happy.

He stopped at Kyuhyun, hugging himself on the photo and sighed.

"Go make up with him." Hankyung turned to find Heechul leaning on the doorframe "He missed you."

"He was almost as sad as I was when you left." Heechul said, raising his eyebrows "changed a lot."

"Gotten a lot ruder too," Hankyung joked "are you not scowlding him now because he's not the maknae anymore?"

Heechul shrugged "It was your fault for leaving."

Hankyung gripped the photo frame, he suddenly realised that, unlike his room, a lot of things changed since he left, including people.

 

--

Hankyung stood outside Kyuhyun's room and took a deep breath, raising his hand to knock, he stopped when he heard Zhou mi's voice, sounding desperate

"Can't you understand why he left?!"

Hankyung froze, he realised they were talking about him.

”No I don't understand!" it was Kyuhyun's yell "I don't understand at all! Even a beast doesn't bite the hand that feeds it!"

Hankyung felt cold inside, he knew it all along, but to hear it coming from the real person was different.

"Kyuhyun!" Zhou mi gasped "I know you don't really think that!"

 

"Yes I do!" inside the room, Kyuhyun scoffed "I cannot forgive that person! I don't understand how you all can just welcome him with open arms as if nothing happened."

Zhou mi was silent

"Mi, have you forgotten? How much criticism he left you to? How many ELFs he turned against you and Henry? When you worked just as hard as any of us, but when it was your turn to perform, everyone was yelling his name? When it was him that abandoned us!" Kyuhyun's voice was quivering now 

"Have you forgotten how many times people have thrown hate mail at you at airports? How people yell at you to leave and him to come back? How people say you're never going to be as a good of a leader for SJM as he had been, when you're not even the leader, but you had so many responsibilities thrown on you just because you're the most fluent chinese speaker! But no one sees it, because all that anyone saw, was how he left! And all they can think of to say about you is criticism! And all this time, all you can do is just smile and pretend you didn't hear them. Do you think I don't see? How much more careful you are with speaking in public? Because you're scared that a slightest thing you say can be taken in the wrong direction?"

"Kyuhyun stop." Zhou mi whispered "Stop, please."

Kyuhyun stopped, panting hard.

Zhou mi was shaking now, as he fell to sit on the bed with wide eyes.

"Mi..." Kyuhyun stepped forward "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to bring up those things..." He hugged Zhou mi to himself, tears streamed down his eyes now and he felt Zhou mi's tears wetting his shirt.

Zhou mi shook his head and smiled "I'm fine...."

 

-

Hankyung stood frozen as he felt his own tears trickle down his face and land on the photo frame.

One part of himself wanted to throw open the door and hug Zhou mi and beg for his forgiveness, but the other part of him knew, he couldn't change anything by doing that, maybe only make himself feel better.

So he chose to listen to the latter side, he placed the photo frame outside Kyuhyun's door, and left.

 

---

 

It was night already, Heechul the lights to his room as he and Hankyung stepped inside.

"You didn't seem at all happy at dinner just then." Heechul remarked

"Hm? What? No, I'm fine." Hankyung smiled, his eyes creasing into moons.

Heechul scoffed "Do you think I don't know you?"

He went to his mini fridge and produced some beer 

"Drink?"

Hankyung eyed the beer in Heechul's hands

"Do you have soju?"

Heechul raised his eyebrows as he swapped the beer in his hands with a bottle of Soju from the fridge. He also took a two shot glasses from a drawer and filled one up, handing it to Hankyung. "I thought you didn't really like soju."

Hankyung took it and smiled, filling Heechul's glass up.

"I don't know..." Hankyung shrugged "I kind of miss the taste of it." he said as he gulped down his shot.

Heechul laughed.

 

-----

Zhou mi entered Kyuhyun's room without bothering to knock.

Kyuhyun was still sitting in front of his computer 

"I brought you food." Zhou mi dumped the take-away box in front of Kyuhyun.

"Oh...thanks..." Kyuhyun removed his headphones from his ears and turned around on his chair to look at Zhou mi who made himself comfortable lying on Kyuhyun's bed.

"How was dinner?" Kyuhyun said in between mouthfuls of food.

"It was reeeeeally good, do you regret not coming now?" Zhou mi propped his head on his palm and smiled cheekily at Kyuhyun

"No." Kyuhyun replied simply and turned back to his computer, he knew Zhou mi was pouting now even without looking.

Kyuhyun reached under his computer table and took out a plasic bag.

"Drink?" He reached inside and pulled out two bottles of beer

"You hide beer inside a plastic bag under your desk?!" Zhou mi exclaimed

"Mmm...yea...it's not cold, but I guess it's still drinkable..." Kyuhyun shrugged

From the corner of his eye, Zhou mi saw a photo frame with a photo of all the 15 super junior members.

Zhou mi chuckled and took a bottle out of his hand "Why not?"

 

-

That night, four boys drank with mixed feelings.

 

 

 

 

---------------

Okay, so this is my first attempt at a super junior fanifc, i only recently started paying attention to them, and most of my attention was actually on super junior M!

I really like Zhou mi! I find that he is very funny and cute, some people think he is show off-ey but i think its because he majored in mc-ing/hosting before his debut. I feel really sad whenever I see comments that are hurtful to him and henry! Because I think they worked really hard, I also think that after Hankyung left, their trip to taiwan from 2011 compared to from when Hankyung was here, Zhou mi speaks more bureaucratically, he's still fun and all, but i do think he is a lot more careful with speaking than before, when he cause uproars from various things he had said. Not to mention he has an amazing voice!! His "Don't don" performance at SS3!! >< ><

I find the friendship between Kyhyun and Zhou mi really cute!

Because I'm not yet that familiar with the members of super junior that aren't in SJM, there may be some interactions in this fic that seem a bit off, if so, please forgive me ><

this is fanfic after all.

I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Please give Super Junior, Super Junior M (Expecially Zhou mi and Henry, who are still being hated on) lots of support! 

btw, this story is called "Unfinished" not that the story is unfinished, lol