Chapter One

Sofa

Taehee laid on the king-sized bed she used to share with him. It was 5 a.m., the sun rays peeking through the giant window on the other side of the room. Again, she was unable to sleep that night. It was the fourth time this

 week.

Yesterday she had fought with Jungkook, again. Unlike what both had thought in their teenage days, their marriage was not all happiness and love. Apart from waking up in each others arms and sipping coffee early in the morning together, there were also violent fights and restless nights, laying in the same bed yet facing different sides.

The first years of marriage were just like a dream come true. Both being logical people, they didn't care about the rumours about one having an affair, or the other having a lover. It was expected that everything they did would become matter of gossip, so they have always been happy and affectionate with each other like a new wed couple.

But things started to change. The last months his behaviour has changed. He comes home later than usual,

sometimes he barely talks and would go to bed without having dinner.

 

" Kookie, is something wrong? You haven't been yourself these days." She asked worriedly her husband. The black haired man didn't respond, he was busy viewing some data in his laptop.

" Jungkook?"

" It's nothing. The K-Pop agency I applied to didn’t respond. It's nothing big, it's their loss anyways." Jungkook answered without turning to his wife.

" Oh..." Probably he wanted to give me a surprise, it wasn't on purpose that he didn't tell me. He just didn't want me to get disappointed too...

 

 

" What's the meaning of this?" He asked coldly, throwing a magazine on the table. It was famous for discovering secret affairs that celebrities have, and on the front page there were Taehee and Jung Hoseok. Both were talking animatedly while dancing, and there was written in bold letters:

Newly wed model Kim Taehee intimate with single Jung Hoseok, is there something going on?

She  took a quick glance at it and said.

" Kookie, it is simply a hearsay. It was the last social gathering which you couldn't attend, I just found Hoseok during the party and we talked a bit. Nothing more." She was slightly hurt that Jungkook didn't trust her. During that party, a lot of rival companies mocked and had been verbally abusing her because of his absence. If it wasn't because of her years of experience and Hoseok, she would have cried.

" Hn." He turned around and walked to the bedroom, leaving a disappointed Taehee behind.

.

Like this, Jungkook would pick up fights more and more frequently, bruising her heart each time because of his lack of trust and cold attitude.

.

But yesterday's fight was the last straw. The brown haired woman could remember it as clear as water.

Breathing in to hold the tears that threatened to fall, Taehee smiled weakly at her husband.

" Then tell me, Kookie, what do I have to do?"

He stared emotionless at her. Because of his glasses, the brown haired girl couldn't tell what he was thinking. Nor what he felt at the moment. She doesn't want their marriage to become like this. Taehee wants to mend it, to make it the way it was at the beginning. The brown eyed woman was prepared for whatever proposal her husband says. But little did she know that the next words that came out from the K-Pop artist made her unable to react for a long time:

" I want you to be a full house wife. I want you to stop being charming and so open-minded like a social butterfly. Each time you appear on the cover of a magazine with either Hoseok or Jimin, it damages the my liability and reputation greatly. It is time for you to grow up and act like a true lady, so quit acting so recklessly and childishly. Also, please stop hugging and kissing every one you know. It may be a friendly gesture in western countries but we're in Korea. I do not want people to take my family name badly."

She stared at him. There was no sign of disbelief nor heartbreak. She simply stared at him, no emotion on her face. After what it felt like an eternity, the former maiden closed her eyes slowly. He watched her wife intently, not missing any movement she made. Then, she opened her eyes and spoke calmly.

" No."

As if he knew what her answer was going to be, He  snorted and was about to say something, when she continued.

" If I become a well behaving lady, quit acting so carefree and being different from most Korean women, then I wouldn't be the Taehee  you fell in love with."

He was at a loss of words. Both her answer and the look she had on her face. It was of absolute tenderness and her eyes have never been so clear. He was about to mutter something when he turned around.

" Then we have nothing to talk about."

Taehee stared at the retreating form of Jungkook. Slowly, her eyes became less and less clearer and her tender smile started fading.

The study's door has been slammed shut...

...and so was her heart.

 

Author's Note

I finally finished the first chapter. :)) I hope you liked it. ^-^