should I... ya know,.... continue?

Torn Between Two

Jonghyun and Mark, your two bed friends. The three of you grew up together since birth, mark living to the right and Jonghyun to the left. Hell you use to take baths together when you were babies.

They were standing in front of you, both on one knee with flowers in their hand asking you the same question. "Be my date to prom"

You thought that this was just something they were doing as a joke to pass time like normal. So you blew it off and walked away. But it wasn't that easy, they didn't take the rejection and chased after you.

What lead up to this, what is going through their minds, you thought? They have been acting strange since the whole prom season started.

 [flash back]

You were sitting in class with Jonghyun, mark, your friends Amber and Krystal. Your teacher hands out flyers about prom and you look down at the flyer. Amber and Krystal turn around in their seats to talk to you. Krystal was all excited.

"I really hope I can go this year!!!" Krystal let out with a squeal. Amber didn't seem to excited but she played along.

You look up at Krystal, "hmmm, I'd like to go... But I doubt I can find a date..."

Amber jokingly pushed on your shoulder; "I’ll be your date" you winked at her. You both had this joking relationship, so most of the school thought you were gay for one another, but in all reality you were both straighter than a line.

Jonghyun and mark stayed quiet about the whole ordeal just listening to the three of you talk about your plans regarding prom.

Later that day amber was talking with the boys about prom. "So which of you is going to take her?" They looked at her clueless. "Common, it’s pretty clear to see that you both are in love with her." Krystal just nodded along.

"What are you talking about?" Mark said trying to blow off the awkward conversation. Amber punched him in the arm. "Don't play stupid, it’s to be expected. You all grew up together, you both know her better than anyone. [y/n], she is special to you guys right?" The boys nodded. "She is different than any other girl you know right?" Again they nodded. "You'd do anything and everything for her... To protect her right?" They nodded once more and they began to realize it themselves.

Jonghyun and mark shared a glance at one another, before a conflict appeared in front of them. Who would you pick? Who did you love? Even if they both loved you, they had no idea who you would pick...

You were getting irritated with Jonghyun and mark, all week they had been bugging you about going to prom with them. You were at your tipping point, you didn't mind them asking but you needed time to think and give them both a proper answer, but they kept being pushy about it.

Finally you had enough, you began avoiding them as much as you could, and amber and Krystal helped you by telling them you went in the opposite direction than you really did. They found this whole ordeal to be rather humorous which didn't help your irritation either.

You were at wits end with this and now you didn't even want to go to prom. You could believe how these two idiots were acting all of a sudden. You decided to confront them.

You bumped into Jonghyun by accident and fell onto your . He helped you up and apologized.

Mark walks up behind him "Oh, you found her!" Before you could let them start in on the begging once more you began to speak. "Just who I was looking for. I need to tell you guys something. I have decided that I'm ...." You were interrupted by amber and Krystal slinging their arms around your waist.

"She is going to be our date to prom. Sorry boys!" Krystal said sticking her tongue out. You looked at them confused but they seemed to know exactly how you felt without even saying a word.

Jonghyun and Mark looked at them sort of aggravated and depressed. You didn't want to just leave them to be by their selves while you had fun with the girls so you decided it would be best not to go at all. "I’m not going to prom; I have things that I have to do that evening. You four should go together though! I’m sure it'll be fun, take tons of pics for me!" You smiled sweetly at them all before taking off to walk home.

The days passed by quicker and quicker. You took your exams and passed them all with full marks, like expected. And soon enough prom night had come. Jonghyun and amber were going together and Krystal and mark were going together.

They all came over to get pics with you before they headed off and you were glad to see your friends so cheerful and lively. You gave them all hugs as they left, then made your way to your room.

You sat down and studied on the new assignments that were going to be due soon; you also were studying for your college entrance exams. You were very nervous and worried you may not pass, you didn't believe that just because you were one of the smarter kids in school that it meant you'd pass any exam.

About an hour and a half passed since they left, you looked up at the clock and sighed. You thought to yourself 'i hope they have fun....'

Out of nowhere you hear your front door open and running up the stairs. Both boys burst in your room and collapse in front of you panting from running. You looked at them shocked. "What the hell are you two doing here?!"....

Jonghyun and Mark both smile at you as they continue to pant. "We... Just... Couldn't..." Jonghyun says. "Leave... You.. Here by... Yourself." Mark finished Jonghyun's sentence.

[What happened at prom]

'These two bone heads have been uneasy since we got here, I know they both wanted to take [y/n], but jeez... They could be livelier...' Amber thought to herself. 'I knew I should've found I more upbeat date. These two have been sulking the whole time... How annoying.' Krystal thought to herself.

'I wonder what [y/n] is doing right now... She probably didn't come because she didn't want to reject one of us.. I bet she is sad and lonely right now...' Mark thought to himself.

'I wonder if I should sneak out to go see [y/n].... I miss her...' Jonghyun thought to himself.

Finally amber spoke up. "If you two are gunna be party killers, just go to her already jeez." Jonghyun and Mark looked at each other hesitantly. "Yea, cause I'm never gunna get a worthwhile date with you two idiots next to me..." Krystal said and next thing they knew the two had rushed out the door.

 [present]

You tried to hide your tears but you couldn't. You were so happy to see the both of them. They crawled to you and hugged you; the three of you looked like a huge ball of human.

Finally you had stopped crying and they both smiled at you causing you to smile back. "Why don't we watch some funny movies?" You suggested. They nod happily; they had both rather spend time with you at your house than alone at the prom...

The rest of prom night consisted of watching movies and the three of you cuddling until one by one you all fell asleep. When morning woke you up you were sandwiched I between the two boys, a normal sight from when you were all younger.

You got up and made breakfast for them, it was a Saturday so there was no school. You felt a strange feeling dwelling inside your chest. You couldn't quite explain it though, so you phoned amber hoping she was spread awake, you knew Krystal wouldn't be though. "Amber?" "mmmm?" You heard her tired moan through the phone. Not caring that you woke her up you continued the conversation.

"Since last night when Jonghyun and mark came over.. I've had this weird feeling inside my chest... I don't understand it..."

"You called me this early for this crap?" She sighed. "Think about it [y/n]..."

"hmmm... Maybe I'm having medical problems? Should I go to the hospital?" You became concerned at your own accusation.

Amber sighed. "You really are a dense idiot. You no smarter than the other two..." You stayed silent waiting for her explain. She finally continued when she realized you weren't going to understand it on your own

"You’re in love... With which one I have no idea though."

You spit up your tea and coughed. "What? Are you crazy?!"

Amber laughed at your surprise. "What did you think it could never happen? You three know each other better than anyone, you know everything that makes them happy, sad, angry, etc. and Vis versa."

You finally let it sink in. You were dumbfounded. You were speechless. Your silence causes amber to lose interest. "I'm gunna go back to bed, call me if anything interesting happens."

"Mmm." You responded as confirmation and you both hung up.

You sat there letting everything sink in, eventually Jonghyun and mark woke up and came downstairs to join you.

You blank and confused look upon your face left the two boys worried as they bombarded you with questions.

This was becoming too overwhelming for you though. You kindly asked them to go home and you'd call them later, that you needed time to think about some things. They reluctantly agreed and left you to an empty has and your thoughts.