MASH

The Power of a Pen

The power of a pen was a very strong thing. Joy never really thought much of it until recently when she needed something to entertain herself. Red Velvet was currently preparing for their next comeback, and though they had recordings and dance practices, Joy sometimes found herself with nothing to do which was her current predicament at the moment.

By chance, the music video for Winner’s Empty was playing on the tv, giving Joy a bright idea. Rushing to the shared room with her unnies she grabbed a notebook and pen that a fan had given her. Placing herself back on the couch she immediately turned to the next blank page.

She knew the hot couple right now between Winner and Red Velvet was Wendy and Taehyun so she decided to write down their names first. Not to mention how funny Wendy had reacted about his hair touching move. “I can’t believe he did that. I’m so going to be killed now. Scratch that, I’ll kill him first!” Wendy had dramatically shouted when they were in the safety of their van.

Son Wendy & Nam Taehyun

An evil smiled appeared on her face, “Wendy unnie’s going to kill me if she finds out about this.”

Joy decided to write Seulgi’s name next, but she wasn’t sure who to put beside her unnie. If she recalled Irene and Mino were partners for the Strong Babies performance, but she thought maybe Mino and Seulgi made a better match. Nodding her head, she decided with Seulgi and Mino. They both oozed charisma.

Kang Seulgi & Song Mino

She remembered when she first saw Winner’s music video and without a doubt had thought Jin was the most handsome out of the five of them. So it was only befitting that she paired the handsomest member with her Goddess like leader. Joy also noted that they were the same age. “A match made in heaven,” she giggled to herself.

Bae Irene & Kim Jinwoo

“Omo.” She gasped. There were still two members left and only one of her. “Does that mean I get both of them?” Laughing at her silliness, Joy decided to do just that.

Park Joy & Kang Seungyoon

Park Joy & Lee Seunghoon

She had played this matchmaking game a thousand times when she was younger. It was quite simple, only she had forgotten that you weren’t supposed to pick the couples. Joy thought it was best to omit it, because she liked her couples better and didn’t want to redo the whole thing.

Next was picking categories and then listing as many options as one wanted. Joy stuck to four being the maximum number of options. The last thing she had to do was get her unnies to help her without them being too curious.   

“Wendy unnie, tell me when to go and when to stop. Don’t make it too long though.” She shouted at Wendy who was sitting on the opposite end of the couch watching the music video. Wendy being the nice unnie that she was obeyed without questioning the maknae.

“Go.” Joy began making with her pen.

“Stop.”

“Thank you.”

“Seulgi unnie your turn.” Joy exclaimed. One down, two to go.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Just tell me when to go and when to stop.”

”Please don’t ask me why.”

“Go.” Once again she began making lines with her pen.

“Stop.”

“Thank you.” She smiled, thankful that Seulgi hadn’t questioned her either.

“Irene unnie. Irene unnie.” Joy shouted searching for her oldest unnie.

“What is it maknae?” Irene sounded like she didn’t want to be disturbed.

Joy reached Irene who was in their bedroom.

“I’m busy.” She said the moment Joy step her foot through the door.

Sure enough, like a leader, Irene was re-watching the video they had just shot of the dance for their new song.  

“You were a little stiff at the bridge.” She said not even bothering to look at the maknae.

“Irene unnie, I need you to tell me when to go and when to stop. Not too long though.” She made sure to add the last part. She once made that mistake and her friend had trolled her by never saying stop.

“Why?” Joy frowned, “of course Irene unnie would ask me.”

“No reason. I’m just playing a game.”

“What kind of game?”

What was she to do?

“I’m trying to see if I can guess the number of from each of you.” She lied, surprised by her ability to pull that out.

“Hmmm…fine. Go.” Irene clearly didn’t have time for Joy, but Joy was fine with that. She had something to entertain her for now anyway.

“Stop.”

“Thanks unnie. I’ll leave you alone now.” And with that, Joy skipped back to the living room. Now was the fun part.

“Let’s see, Wendy unnie had 7 . Seulgi unnie had 15, and Irene unnie had 10.”

Joy couldn’t contain her laughter as she wrote down the results of her game.

Wendy and Taehyun were going to get married in a church with the theme color being pink. Their honeymoon will be in Amsterdam. They will have four kids, live in a shack and have a bike. She laughed at the thought of Wendy having four kids and living in a shack.

Seulgi and Mino were going to get married in a church as well but their color will be blue. Their honeymoon will also be in Amsterdam.

Maybe they will go together?” Joy was referring to how both Wendy and Seulgi’s honeymoon were going to be Amsterdam.

They will have three kids, live in a mansion, and also have a bike.

“Seulgi unnie is lucky. A mansion!”

Irene and Jinwoo’s wedding was in a backyard with yellow being their color. Honeymoon in Thailand, then have four kids. They will like in an apartment with a bike.

“Irene unnie’s life will be nice. Very modest and humble.”

Joy felt herself getting giddy as she got ready to do hers. She thought she should just forget it, but decided that she couldn’t leave the other two members of Winner by themselves. She had six for Seungyoon and 12 for Seunghoon.

Seungyoon and here were going to get marry in a courthouse. She thought the color probably wouldn’t mean anything, but she got green, so maybe it would be in a green courthouse. Honeymoon in Bali then one kid. An apartment was definitely big enough for the three of them and a bike wasn’t a bad idea. It was ecofriendly.

Joy and Seunghoon were going to get marry in a backyard the theme color being pink. She imagine it and smiled at the thought of getting married. The honeymoon was in Thailand. They would have three kids and live in a shack. She frowned at the thought of living in a shack. It was funny when Wendy got the shack but now that she had also gotten it she didn’t think it was too funny.

“Well, I’lll only have three kids, Wendy unnie has four and they’re living in a shack.” She rationalized.

They would also have a van.

When she was finally done with her game, she took one last look at her notebook and shook her head.

“Oh Joy, if the unnies were ever to find out about this they’ll most definitely kill you.” She whispered to herself before closing the book.

“Oh unnies, what are you guys staring at?” Joy asked when she saw all three of her unnies staring towards her direction.

The three of them had heard Joy giggling to herself and one by one had stopped what they were doing to stare at their maknae who kept scribbling down in her notebook but would randomly throw her head back to laugh.  

“Joy sure knows how to have fun by herself.” Seulgi had remarked, to which Wendy and Irene could only shake their heads in agreement.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Anyone played this game when they were little? It's called MASH. I forgot the boys names were included in the categories when I was writting this, therefore I had to modify it. 

Also I read another story with the same concept, but different game and different plot (it was a great story by the way), but the fact is that Joy is the main characterish and the setting is base in their apartment. If this offends you (or you think it is plagirism), then I will be more than happy to take it off. I really had this story in my head and I wanted this to be an intro to Red Velvet X Winner stories for me. That being said, this is purely a work of fiction and any similarity to any other stories is purely coincidental, however if you find it too similar please just message me. Thank you!