Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Eight O'Clock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three minutes.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Sehun sat on his couch, staring blankly at the clock, waiting for the destined time for the daily call.

Two minutes.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The apartment was silent other than the large grandfather clock that sat pushed up against a white wall decorated with small phrases Sehun had written in permanent marker. Some short things, like "stupid" and "worthless", and some long, like the detailed description of every despicable imperfection Sehun had on his entire body.

One minute.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The wall was one of the many reasons Sehun didn't have anyone over, along with the many posters and books describing what it felt like to commit suicide. Not like there was anyone who actually cared that Sehun existed.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Sehun let the customary three rings pass before answering the call. He didn't say anything. He never had to. The person on the phone knew he was listening.

"You're worthless."

Sehun found himself nodding along.

"You abandoned everything for someone who left you a week later."

Running away from home with Kai had never been a very good idea in the first place, and the foolish choice haunted Sehun to this day.

"Your parents hate you."

This was true, he had been disowned the day before his departure with a " you, get out you " from his father and shocked and horrified sobbing from his mother.

"You have no friends."

This was true as well, Sehun rarely left his tiny, toxic apartment. The stares at his scarred wrists and sunken cheeks, the confused glances thrown at his soulless eyes, the worried questions of if he was feeling alright. It wasn't real concern though. No one really cared.

"I'm the only one you have left."

His daily caller. The person called every day at 8 PM exactly, and never failed to help Sehun reinforce his opinions about himself. Every word felt like a stab to the heart, but Sehun deserved all the pain in the world. He isn't worth happiness.

"Aren't you going to die soon?"

Sehun glanced to the side. A rope, a knife, and some bleach sat together, Sehun still having to decide what way he wanted to go.

"C'mon, give an answer out of your disgusting mouth, you ."

Sehun took a deep breath and replied quietly, voice scratchy from not being used.

"Tonight. I'm deciding still."

"I still at go with the bleach and then stab yourself. If you're still alive, hang yourself as well. You should have the most suffering possible."

The voice was so confident and self-assured, and Sehun sometimes wished he could be the same. But Sehun knew he should never have that life, it was too good for him.

"I'll rest well tonight knowing that you'll be in your rightful place in hell by tomorrow."

Sehun nodded, agreeing completely.

"Have fun dying, you little . Thank God you won't be polluting the earth with your presence tomorrow."

The call ended.

Sehun stared at the clock.

8:30.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

He grabbed his sharpie and walked up to the wall. Uncapping it, he scribbled in the largest white space available,

'It ends tonight, December 31, 8:30 PM.'

Sehun put the sharpie down, walking towards the three it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter