Undying Love...

[One Shot] Exchange Hearts

“I love you… Promise me you would never leave me...” I whispered at his ear.

 

“Babe, you knew how much I love you and I will never leave you... It’s not necessary to promise you anything…” he answered.

 

“But please… Say it... Just to ease my worries away…” I said it like a child having a tantrum.

 

He turned to me and looked straight into my eyes.

 

“I promise to love you until my heart dies and until there were no tomorrow come… I promise you forever my love…” he said sincerely.

 

He kissed me passionately then. I believe he would not break his promise. I knew how this man loves her so…

 

A day of promising our undying love…

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

  

 

“Sangji-ah, do you like it?”  Sungmin said, releasing my blind fold he put before we go in that place.

 

I was really surprised. Sungmin’s always like that, do anything just to surprise me.

 

He brought me to a house.

 

“THIS WAY INTO SUNGMIN AND SANGJI’S PARADISE”

 

I read on the signboard outside that—err our house rather.

 

“Sungmin-sshi…” I said. Tears started to form in my eyes.

 

“Shh… This is our home, we can put everything you want here…” Sungmin said. He put his hand on my shoulder making me feel relax.

 

“But you’re all I want Sungmin Oppa…” I replied.

 

“Sangji…” He smiled and then hugged me.

 

We explore the house. It’s so perfect for a lovely couple.

 

When we get tired, Sungmin invited me to eat at the floor, since the house doesn’t have any furniture or things to use.

 

I’m surprised that he brought a picnic basket for us. I didn’t notice it a while ago.

 

As we finished eating, he hold my hand and put out a ring.

 

“Marry me... Be my wife and mother of my kids…” He said.

 

“Yes Sungmin-ah…” I answered without second thought.

 

They plan for the future, made many dreams, promises of love.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Three years later…

 

A man read in the newspaper that a house was in immediate sale. He feels the need to see that house and buy it at any cost.

 

At some point he got curious why he thought that.

 

He then hurriedly drive in the place where he can find the house.

 

“Ajhumma... Are you sure the owner really wants to sell this house?” he asked.

 

“Yes, she said, she wants to sell this house immediately” Ajhumma replied.

 

“Uhm… What’s the problem? I’m just curious, it’s still looks brand new” he said.

 

“Uhm… Well, I knew the owner would get married, but unfortunately, she lost his fiancé before the day of their wedding. This house probably where they would live when they got married” Ajhumma replied in a sympathetic tone.

 

“Really? How she lost her fiancé?” I asked. The story made me more curious.

 

“Yes. Her fiancé died in a car accident” She replied.

 

“I see… Okay then, I will buy this house” I said.

 

“Okay, I’ll process the papers to transfer this house under your name as soon as the payment is settled” Ajhumma replied.

 

“Thanks” I said.

 

The Ajhumma leave him for him to explore more the house.

 

“W-why this house felt so familiar to me…?” He’s pov.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

I’m just standing far away. Looking to the place where we plan our future, made many dreams and promises of undying love.

 

“Sungmin-ah, why? It’s been three years and it’s still painful... I can’t let go with your love… your promise…” My pov.

 

As a car park in front of that house, I immediately leave the place where I’m standing.

 

“Please come back Sungmin Oppa… I can’t live like this… I can’t live without you... Without your love…” My pov.

 

I’m always like that, looking far away with our supposedly home with a sad face.

 

I don’t have any courage to step my feet even in front of that house… It will add more pain to me…

 

I always asked myself WHY. WHY did Sungmin left me in the time when we supposed to be happy?

 

Sometimes I even think to follow him where he is right now, but what will happen next? Would it be that happy if I followed him?

 

Maybe Sungmin is happy now… And that was the reality I wish I could take easily…

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

*flashback*

 

I met Sungmin in our house. Yes in our house. He was a schoolmate of my brother Siwon.

 

They were just having a meeting for their foundation day of their university since my brother is the president of their school organization.

 

I was third year high school then and he was second year college.

 

The first time we met, I felt that I like him.

 

Sungmin is cute. I like his smile that every girl would die when they see it.

 

I knew he likes me too because I always caught him looking at me.

 

But my brother warned him not to court me since I was only a high school student.

 

If he really do like me, he needs to wait for me until I graduated high school.

 

We then became friends… Closed friends.

 

He always fetches me from school and give me anything that made a girl smiled.

 

Sungmin’s a really good friend even though we knew we have feelings to each other.

 

When I have a problem, he’s always there.

 

When my date on our Junior-Senior Prom night wasn’t able to come that night, Sungmin was the one to substitute my date.

 

I don’t know that he had enough time to prepare since it was a late notice.

 

But when he fetch me at our house, he was so damn handsome in his tuxedo.

 

We was the apple of the eye of the crowd that time.

 

Sungmin’s really attract the attention of most of the girls there.

 

I was so proud of him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sungmin and I became couple when I graduated from high school.

 

He waited for me for almost two years. And I’m glad he made it.

 

I really fall deeply in love with him every single day of my life.

 

He was my first love. And I always prayed he would be the last too.

 

I don’t wanna ask for more having him as my boyfriend. He’s so responsible, caring, thoughtful and a loving boyfriend.

 

We sometimes had a fight, arguments and cool off’s but he always surrender and reconciled with me.

 

The biggest trial our relationship faced I think it was when he needs to take his masters degree abroad.

 

It was just two years but for us, it’s a long time.

 

Every day, he would sent me messages how my life has been and how much he misses and loves me.

 

I was second year college then and he promise he will be home for good before my graduation day.

 

My graduation day was the day he proposed marriage to me.

 

One of my happiest day of my life…

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

At a Cafeteria near that house…

 

“Hi!” He said to a girl. She didn’t response to him. Maybe she didn’t recognize him. She’s looking far away.

 

“Do we know each other?” He talked again.

 

“Huh?” I finally answered.

 

“Did we met before?” He answered rather than answering my question.

 

“What you’re talking about? I don’t know you in the first place” I said.

 

“Uhm... Okay… Sorry…” He replied.

 

“What’s that? Did we really don’t know each other? I asked myself.

 

 

 “Why when I look at her eyes, I saw sadness and longing?”

-          Him

 

“Why when I look at him, I saw someone I really knew from the start?”

-          Her

 

 

When that tragic incident happened, I don’t know where to start again and how to put back the pieces of my life.

 

But my brother always there to support me. He said, the Lord had plans for me and Sungmin that’s why it happened.

 

I need to continue my life as what it was when Sungmin is still alive.

 

So be it.

 

And the first step I need to do in starting to get on with my life is to get rid of all the things me and Sungmin shared, that’s why I sell that house.

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“You again?” I said.

 

He just smiled.

 

“Is there something wrong if I’m here again Mr. Former Owner of my new house?” He said still smiling.

 

“M-mwo?” I said surprised.

 

“You heard it right Ms. ---”

 

“Sangji, so you’re Mr. Park” I cited before he called me again something he just invented.

 

“Ne…” he replied.

 

“Why this guy always smiled like an angel huh?” My pov.

 

So, what do you want now? Is there any problem with the house?” I hissed.

 

“Nothing, I just want to be friends with you…” He said calmly.

 

“I don’t have time…” I said, looking at the other direction.

 

Silence.

 

It gave me a chance to secretly look at him again.

 

“Oh my… Why I felt something familiar?” My pov.

 

“Come on, for a beautiful girl with a sad story, you should unwind. Entertain guys so you will move on.” He said after a long silence.

 

“H-huh? How did he know that?” My pov.

 

“Have dinner with me ____, I’ll pick you up at you home” He said when I didn’t responded to him.

 

“This guys is something… He really surprised me…” My pov.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

He’s so handsome standing outside my door.

 

 “Ready to go?” He asked.

 

“How did you know my place?” I asked instead of answering his question.

 

He smiled. The smile I longing for a long time.

 

“I have my ways” he replied.

 

“Hmm, you really surprised me. You knew many things about me” I said, I beginning to wonder in his intentions.

 

“I like surprises and I love to surprise you” he said smiling.

 

“Sungmin? Was your soul is in this man’s body?” my pov.

 

“Shall we go beautiful lady?” He asked when I became silent.

 

“Neh…” I answered.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Leeteuk, w-why you brought me here?” I said. My body shivers.

 

They were at Leeteuk’s house… Her former house. Their house of Sungmin.

 

“Wae?” He asked.

 

“I can’t… I can’t be here…” I said in a weak tone.

 

“Sangji, you had to face reality… Sungmin’s gone… For three years… He’s not bound to be with you…”He said.

 

I can’t control the tears to fall down.

 

“I’ve move on Leeteuk… I just… I just can’t explain why… Why I feel the same feelings for you…” I said.

 

“I don’t know either… When I woke up after my operation, I felt someone needs me to come back…” He said.

 

“Operation?” I asked.

 

“Yes. I need to have a heart transplant because my heart is weak, it can’t pump enough blood to my body” He explained.

 

“OMO… Sungmin’s heart was donated to someone… Was that someone’s Leeteuk?” my pov.

 

Confusing…

 

Did this thing really happen in reality?

 

Sungmin’s heart is now Leeteuk’s heart. And that heart still loves the same girl…

 

Were their plans be fulfill? Dreams will come true? Promises won’t be broken?

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“I don’t know if it really happens in my case Sangji… but I really like you… When I first laid my eyes on you… No… I think it didn’t just like that… I do love you…” Leeteuk said.

 

“Leeteuk-ah…” I can only utter.

 

“Just give me time and chance to prove it to you. Not because I had Sungmin’s heart… But just because I’m Leeteuk on my own… And I have my own ways of loving you…” He said.

 

Starting that day, Leeteuk court me. He’s style is different thought I’m still saw resemblance on him with Sungmin.

 

“Ah… Sungmin… I think I have to visit him now… On his grave… I need to face it now… I don’t want to live in denial for more years… I have many things I wanted to share with him… I knew Min would understand me… That’s how much he loves me… When he was still alive…” my pov.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

At Sungmin’s grave.

 

It’s almost 4 years but I haven’t visit Sungmin’s grave. I’m afraid. And I’m still hoping that he will comeback…

 

I brought him fresh flowers. I smiled. A sad smile. Before, Sungmin’s the one who’s always brought me flowers.

 

“How are you there? Is heaven’s a happy place?” I started.

 

The cold wind blew. I think that’s his answer.

 

“It’s been a long time and I didn’t visit you here and not even attend your burial…” I’m stuttering now. Tears started to form in my eyes.

 

I sit at the ground.

 

“I’m still mad at you… You don’t say goodbye to me before you go… It’s our wedding day… It’s the start of our plans, dreams and promises” I continued.

 

“WHY? That’s the question always popped in my mind when you’re gone” I’m crying now. I can’t take it anymore.

 

“Sungmin-ah… I know I had to let you go… You love me enough when you’re still here. I still love you the way I did… But…” I paused for awhile.

 

I touch his niche. And cry until no more tears coming from my eyes.

 

I hold back those tears for a long period of time, and this is the right moment to release it all.

 

I’m almost drained. I lay there and look at the sky.

 

“Sungmin, actually, I saw someone just like you. I don’t know. But he seems very much like you… I mean… I saw you in him. I was thinking that maybe, your heart was donated to that man, isn’t it ironic?” I said. I slightly smiled.

 

“Sungmin-ah… If I will fall in love again, please guide me to the right man. I know you don’t want me to be hurt again” I said.

 

Then the wind blew again. I smiled.

 

I spend my whole afternoon at Sungmin’s grave that day and left when the sky starts to darken.

 

I was about to walk when I saw someone familiar. My heart beats fast I saw Sungmin just 10 steps away. I blinked my eyes and no! I saw Leeteuk-shi at where I saw Sungmin a while ago. I felt goosebumps, my knees slightly trembled.

 

I felt that I would collapse but Leeteuk got me.

 

“Hold in there! I think you drained all your strength today” He said then carried me.

 

“Leeteuk-shi, I can walk. Don’t bother carrying me. It’s just that---” He cut what I supposed to say.

 

“I’m watching you the whole day Sangji-shi and I think you’re really tired. Well, good job. I think you already accepted what really happened four years back” He said.

 

Yeah, he’s right. I really felt tires today. My eyes getting heavy and soon will fall.

 

“Gomawo Sungmin-ah” I said nearly sleeping.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Another love came in my way.

 

Does I’m still afraid falling inlove? I guess I don’t have to be afraid. Falling inlove is taking a risk. Everyone can hurt because of love… But don’t lose hope because after the pain, betrayal, tears and sadness, there would be always a better and happy love story awaits you…

 

Leeteuk courted me for two years after I accepted it. I was happy then. And I think Sungmin guide me along the way. Though Leeteuk like Sungmin-ah a lot by heart, he still make a way to made me feel love more than Sungmin made.

 

 

 

 

“I love you… I won’t promise you anything… But I will do everything just to make you happy…”

-          HIM

 

“Waiting is over… Promises didn’t really broken… He’s always here now… I knew he meant what he said. No promises now, just pure love…”

-          HER

 

 

FIN

 


 

Sorry for the long wait. I make it into a one-shot fic :) hope you like it ^_^ thanks for reading and subscribing! feel free to comment :) [hyekyung]