The Idiot

This Fool

            He is an idiot. A very big oversized cute idiot. Who would be stupid to go outside alone at 1AM to not call his bodyguards to accompany him to his company and goes alone when he knows that his stalker was just outside his apartment building waiting for him. He knew that and still he went outside alone and even promised to buy food for me when he returns. After hours of waiting and receiving a call from Jonghyun that Jinki has not come to the company building, here I am at 5 in the morning in the police station reporting for a missing persons case looking like an idiot.

 

            “What do you mean I can’t file a missing person just because he is missing for just 4 hours,” I retort back to the police officer that I was talking to. I was wearing my pajamas but I don’t care about that right now because all I was worried about was Jinki and his condition.

 

            “To file, the person should be missing for 24 hours, ma’am.”

 

            “Bull-“ I was cut of by the ringing of my phone. When I looked at it, the caller was Jinki.

 

            “Where the heck are you?”

 

            “Is this Han Seungyeon?”

 

            “Who is this?”

 

            “Be here at Bukhansan Park by 7AM today. Don’t tell the police about this or else” With that they hang up. ‘That must be Jinki’s stalker/ kidnapper.  Just wait, idiot I’ll save you.’

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            It is almost 7AM when I arrive at Bukhansan Park. I changed my pajamas and am now wearing a simple shirt, pants and sneakers in case I need to beat up the stalker/ kidnapper. I remember that this was where we first confessed to each other. I sit down at a bench near a lake and suddenly I hear a beeping sound I looked around and saw no one was near me. Maybe it’s from the stalker! I search for the sound and found a phone under the bench beside my seat…

 

            “Hello?”

 

            “There is a box somewhere in Busan park. Find it then follow the next set of instructions.”

 

            I sighed. This is gonna be a long day

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

            I am now here in Lotte World searching for another box. The box I found in Bukhansan Park contained jewelries and a note saying that I should find another box in Lotte World. I bet the kidnapper stole these jewelries and wants me to dispose of them.

 

            While I was looking for the box under a bench, someone taps my shoulder. I look behind me and saw a girl in her late teens holding a shoebox. “Excuse me, are you Han Seungyeon?”

 

            “Yeah, why?”

 

            “A man passed by and told me to give you this.” She hands a shoebox to me then quickly left.

 

            “Wait! Where did he go?” I yell at the girl and run after her but it was too late because the girl has already disappeared. Cautiously, I open the shoebox and found a pair of shoes, a small handbag and a note. I took the note and read it.

 

                  “AISH!!!”

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

            “1504…. 1505….  1506!” I was completely awed by the room in front of me. If it wasn’t because of the circumstances I am facing right now, I might have enjoyed the places I have went to today especially the Ritz-Carlton Hotel which where I am right now. The hotel room seemed unreal for me because it was like a room for the royalty. I walked inside the room and saw a beautiful gown on the bed. On top of the gown, I saw a note. I took and read it, “Be ready by 9 pm and wear everything you have collected this day. Make sure that you look formal. A car will be waiting for you.”

 

            I looked at the clock and saw that it was just 5 pm. I sat down and remembered the last time Jinki and I were together. We had so much fun but our fun was interrupted when his company called him because they need to talk about something. I love how dedicated and passionate he is with his work but it just sometimes get frustrating for me because sometimes I think he really doesn’t care. He even forgot our anniversary last week. Then this happens!

 

            I lie down and close my eyes. Don’t worry, Jinki-yah, I’ll save you.

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            It was 9 pm and I’m nervous as hell. I arrived here at Sky Rose Garden and I noticed that nobody was here except me. Many terrifying thought were going through my mind. What if they weren’t please and punished Jinki? What if they are planning o kidnap me too? My train my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a familiar voice.

 

            “You look lovely” I look behind me and saw Jinki wearing a suit behind him was a table for two decorated with candles and roses. Two big stuffed bears are placed on the chairs.

 

            “Jinki? What the heck? I thought you were kidnapped”

 

            “SURPRISE!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I miss you, nuna!! I was worried that you wouldn't follow what I asked you to do but fortunately you did.” I blankly look at him trying to understand what he just said and when I finally understood what he said I glared at him with all my might.

 

            “Did you plan this? The places, the things, everything?”

 

            “Yeah, don’t you like it?”

 

            “Going outside at 1Am, making me go to places, MAKING ME WORRIED OVER NOTHING!! WHAT DO YOU THINK I'LL FEEL!?!?!?”

 

            “Sheesh, woman you don’t need to scream”

 

            “JINKI YOU ARE —”

 

            Suddenly, he hugged me and repeated a sentence, which I seemed to have forgot because of my rage, “Belated happy anniversary”

 

            “Jinki, our anniversary was about a week ago.” I reply softly as I hug him in return.

 

            “I know, but I wasn’t here to celebrate it with you. I was touring all over the world that I can’t even greet you on the day of our anniversary. I know you understand but I felt guilty so I planned it when I was away. Everything was going smoothly when there was a problem about the preparations so I left early in the morning to fix it.”

 

            “So the stalker thing was a lie?” He let go and looked like he was confused.

 

            “What stalker? Oh! Remember the girl with the shoebox in Lotte World?” I thought hard and remembered the weird girl with the hoodie who quickly ran from me. “She’s the stalker. Actually, I gave her a signed cd and took a picture with her.”

 

            “Jinki-ah, I am so grateful that you did this for me but I was really worried about you. Promise me you’ll never make me that worried again”

 

            “I’m so sorry that I made you worried. Will you forgive me?”

 

            “Alright.”  He hugs me again and we go to the table to start our date. 

 

            Ok, so maybe this day didn’t start right but by far this is the best day of my life. And maybe for half of the day I was going all around Seoul because of this but it was totally worth it especially now that I am with my big idiot that never fails to make me smile.

 

            “Noona!  Look!” Jinki yells and points at the sky. Fireworks! I love fireworks. I look at it and to my surprise it looks like it is forming words. I wait for it form the words and I am in awe that I start tearing up. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, S. I LOVE YOU –J.

 

            Jinki takes my hand and looks lovingly into my eyes and whispers, “I love you, Seungyeon noona.”

 

            Yeah, it was totally worth it.