Pilot

God of Destruction

"KIM NAMJOON! COME DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" Your voice screeched all over the apartment you shared with him. Seeing the crack across your favorite plate got you enraged because for sure it wasn't just a ten year old kid who accidentally hit it with his fork. The culprit is a grown man. In fact, half of the population of your belongings was now in the dump site since the day Kim Namjoon, the god of destruction, inhabited your apartment. The reason why you hadn't kicked him out yet? You don't know.

 

"Yeah?" He calmly walked up to the kitchen as if he hadn't done anything that would send you in flames. The plate was from your ex. Both of you knew how much you had hated that man, but still it was your favorite plate we're talking about here.

 

You took a deep breath and counted one to three.

 

One. Two. Three.

 

You smiled. "Oh great god of destruction, pardon me, but would you mind explaining this?" Sarcasm was overflowing out of your mouth. You showed him the crack on the plate you were holding and he recognized his own doing.

 

"Oh, that. I was slicing the carrots when that showed up" the coolness in his voice irritated you more.

 

"You were slicing carrots." Inhale. Exhale. "On my plate?"

 

"Yes, yes I was" he scratched the back of his head, now realizing what's happening. You flailed your arms to the air in disbelief.

 

"What the hell were you thinking when you decided to slice carrots on a plate? A fragile porcelain plate, you idiot. Have you ever heard of a chopping board?"

 

He grimaced when he heard you call him 'idiot' for the third time this week. "I'm sorry okay. But I wasn't able to use the chopping board."

 

"And why is that?" Your hands landed on your hips and frowned. The last time you used the chopping board, it was good as new.

 

"I simply can't because...” scared of how you may react, he hesitated for a moment.”It split into half when I chopped the chicken." He bowed down his head in shame.

 

That statement made your temper go down the sink."I spent ten bucks on that board! Jesus Christ! Is there anything in this house that you'll spare from being broken?" You groaned in frustration before walking out of the kitchen, leaving Namjoon drown in the pit of guilt.

 

The need of getting a lot of fresh air was great to calm your nerves so you sat down on the doorstep and think for a moment if out bursting at Namjoon like that because of a broken, inanimate object was justified. Guilt was eating you as well, if some may ask. Raising your voice at your male housemate has always made you feel as if you're the worst housemate ever.

 

But hey, he had broken a lot of stuff you valued, stuff from your previous boyfriend. One was that pastel pink dress he gave you as a gift on your birthday. Namjoon ripped the back apart. Then there was the bracelet with the glass-like beads your ex gave you for your first anniversary which Namjoon crushed with his big foot. Don't forget to mention the coffee he spilled on your journal. And the list goes on and on and on. Heck you almost killed him with a fork for the things he did and it's really a miracle he's still alive.

 

You kicked and stomped your feet on the ground as you recalled everything he broke. Then it came to you; he broke them because of your depressed back then.

 

 

The dress? Because he didn't know how to cheer you up on the first day of being single again...

 

 

"Hey," he sat at the end of your bed; the place where you buried yourself with pillows and layers of duvets. "It's not yet the end, you know" his voice was gentle in case you still felt angry at every man in the world. He's been trying to get you out of bed and do something that may make you happy, but you kept on brushing him off.

 

"Go away. All you men are the same. You are horrible! All of you!" Then you hurled a pillow at his head and hid back under the covers.

He faked a wince and fell off the bed. You thought he was gone since you heard no more of his wheezy nagging voice. Poking your head out of the covers, you checked if he's still there. "Namjoon?" You sat up and by the time you did that, he walked out of your walk-in closet wearing a pink tube dress that fell above his manly knees.

 

Your hand immediately flew to cover your eyes as you laughed "holy , man. You're a drag queen with a bush stuck around your legs! Ha!" You looked at him again. "Look at that hair! Let's get some wax next...” you weren't able to finish your sentence as you started laughing again when you noticed he also wore your red stilettos.

 

Namjoon was obviously fighting the urge of laughing with you but he still managed to tell you "well, just to let you know, I am not the same with those horrible men you are telling of." He flipped his imaginary hair "because I'm fab"

 

"Yes. Yes you are different from them because you are a woman." You wiped the corners of your eyes and finally let yourself out of bed. "Come here, hun. Let me fix your dress. I know it's still open at the back"

 

He cat walked towards you and turned around. Quietly giggling, you zipped the dress up and you were clearly surprised as you were able to close it. It looks like it's struggling, but it was zipped. "! Am I that big? My dress fits you!"

 

"Told you I'm different." He smirked proudly. "Now give me a hug. I missed you."

 

He wrapped his arms around you, burying you in his half exposed chest. Then he lifted you up, earning a squeal from you. Suddenly, a loud ripping sound came from behind him which made you look at each other.

 

"Sorry I think your dress wasn't able to handle my fabulousness"

 

 

 

If you weren't such a depressed lazy-, that bracelet would still be there in your jewelry box.

 

 

 

"Lady, your room is a mess!" Namjoon cautiously stepped into your messy room. It was as if a storm passed through your room and whirled everything onto the floor and everywhere.

 

You groaned and rolled on your bed. "I'm too depressed to clean. Can you please clean for me, mom?"

 

He clicked his tongue in disappointment but started to clean, nonetheless. "The next time someone plans to break your heart, tell him to hire a maid for you. But you are lucky I'm in the mood to--"

 

Crack!

 

He stopped moving, terrified to see what is under his foot. He chuckled nervously as your glare intensified "uh, I think I stepped on something like a bracelet."

 

 

And the journal; no coffee would have been spilled on it if you only knew how stupid it is to give Namjoon a hug.

 

"Namjoonie, treat me a carrot cake please!" You ran towards him when you saw him at a cafe outside your university. It was obvious that the fact that he's carrying his iced Americano was perfectly unknown to you because you were too stupid and crashed yourself into him for a hug, spilling coffee on him, on you and all of the books you're carrying including your precious journal.

 

He blankly stared back at your apologetic smile. "You want a whole cake or just a slice?"

 

 

 

 

 

He was nice to you and all you did was shout at him five minutes ago.

 

"Your heart." You didn't notice Namjoon sitting next to you. How long was he there? "Your heart is the thing that I spared, have been sparing and will spare from being broken." He gave you a tight smile.

 

You gave him a hug. "I'm sorry for calling you idiot"

 

"And I'm sorry for being an idiot. I'll be really really careful the next time I use your stuff."

 

All the anger you were feeling earlier seemed to fade, now that you remember why most of your stuff got broken by him. "It's alright. I'm just gonna keep it under my bed"

 

"Sure? You don't want me to buy you a new one in replacement?"

 

"No. Just answer this, why were you slicing carrots?"

 

"Because I was planning to make you a carrot cake." His gaze was fixed on the ground.

 

"Where's the carrot cake then?"

 

"It got burnt"

 

You burst out laughing. "You certainly are the god of destruction, aren't you?"

 

He pushed you gently. "Hey, at least I tried to bake something for you knowing that it's your favorite"

 

"Yeah. Thank you even though you burnt the carrot cake. Pffft. You know what, I'm wondering why the hell you're not my boyfriend when in fact; you're nicer than every man I dated."

 

"Maybe because of women's logic? I don't understand it either." He stood up in front of you. "But it would please the god of destruction if you become his goddess and eat some ice cream with him" he bowed in front of you, offering his hand like one of those princes on television. 

 

"Dork. You think you could trick me and become your girlfriend just like that?"

 

Namjoon kept his position. "I guess I do. No pressure though. I’m not really into relationships at the moment."

 

"Then that would be lovely," You giggled and placed your hand in his. He smiled. "Now let's plot our plan in wrecking the ice cream parlor."