Let's play!

Five Nights of Scary

it's just a game

Daesung stared at the screen of his brand new laptop with fear clear in his eyes, nervously clicking on the 'play' button. Growing up, he had never really been scared of things that usually made little children wet their pants.

He was fond of darkness, and he absolutely loved being alone in his large room, just playing something or watching movies.

Now, even if he was slowly growing out of the phase in which he could still be called a teen, he was the same. No sound or image of monsters could even send a chill down his spine..

Somehow, he was just immune to that.

And yet he was there curled up on a chair, biting into his lower lip as an advertisement showed up on the screen. The restaurant 'he' would work at was searching for a night guard. Nothing special, just watch over things as usual.

Still, he didn't like how that sounded.

"It's weird.." he muttered, more to himself than to his friends who were gathered behind him on their own chairs, eagerly staring at the screen."I mean, the music is okay and the start screen wasn't too scary.. but it totally gives me the creeps.."

"Man, you're weird." Jiyong rolled his coffee-like eyes as he leant ahead, red bangs falling into his eyes."You haven't even started..."

It was true: Daesung had pushed the 'pause' button just before the game could have truly started. He just didn't have the will to launch it.

"You know what? I'm so showing you that you're just a scaredy cat!" The youngest of the five, cheeky 'little Seunghyun (or Seungri, as he was more often called) butted in with an annoyed huff, pushing the older boy out of the chair within moments. He put his finger on the mouse with a grin, hitting start.

are you crazy

Finally, the game was on.

It was silent for a few moments, the five merely listened to the mysterious man who had called their character, explaining quite a few things to him. They just nodded along, quickly finding out what to do: watch the camera.

And so they did.

With the calm of an expert gamer - that he was not - Seungri checked the cameras again and again, occasionally  checking the electricity they had.

Time passed slowly and soon, the first monster was on its way. It was blue, resembling a bunny. For some reason, Daesung just didn't want to cuddle it. It was already getting hard for him to keep in his horrified whines whenever that thing even made a sound.

"You okay?" Jiyong asked,  lips twitching into a grin."Don't tell me that our I-fear-nothing-Daesung is terrified of a silly blue  bunny. Aww poor little baby.." he cooed in his usual, annoying manner."You know we can always play Barbie games instead.." he added with a snigger.

"Oh just off!" Daesung nearly hissed, even if part of him just wished to flee..and maybe even play some other games just so he would be able to forget the horrors of the blue abomination  that cleverly went by the name Bonnie.

So maybe he didn't like its creepy look... or how it was capable of moving.

"You know, this is actually pretty creepy." Seungri admitted with a sigh, tensing up visibly when the monster peeked in through the windows that surrounded one of the doors in the game. He quickly pushed a button, making it slam shut.

"Thank god." he said, cheering inwardly as he checked the other cameras. The duck - or maybe chicken - was on its way, too. Feeling like a professional, the youngest shrugged it off with, quickly shutting the other door.

As he celebrated being a genius, he failed to notice the fact that after that little word 'power' was decreasing rapidly.

it's me

Before he knew it, darkness fell over the backroom, and the odd song started playing...

Just then, the main mascot of the game jumped ahead, screeching.

Seungri nearly knocked the laptop off the desk, screaming like a child. Daesung was no better, keeping a hand firmly at his fast-beating head.

Jiyong just shook his head in amusement."Kids." he muttered to himself, rolling his eyes.

"Wanna try?" The oldest of their group, the 'big' Seunghyun asked with a cheeky grin.

"No. I have things to do. Better things than playing a stupid game that makes no sense and isn't scary at all." The male sashayed out of the room with a huff, so quick that his friends didn't even have the time to react.

"Wow." Youngbae remarked, quickly claiming his best friend's seat, so he was sitting closer to the screen."I've never seen him this..scared."

"I bet you that he'd have peed his pants if he continued." Seunghyun chuckled, low voice rumbling as he imagined the always so brave Jiyong curling up on his bed, whining.. He was doing that now, probably.

"Nah, he's not like that." Youngbae muttered, leaning ahead."I think he really just has something to do."

"Oh, defending the scaredy-cat, I see." Seungri sniggered under his breath, even though his hand was shaking a little."So, who wants to go next?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. In all honesty, all he wanted was to get away from the devilish game as quick as it was possible.

"You know what? I'll do it." Seunghyun smirked a little as he sat down. He hummed during the 'tutorial' played, not even paying any attention to the sounds. Simply, he clicked around, almost as if he was his own, happy little world.

Right until the chicken flew into his face, that is.

Always cool - but somewhat childish in the heart - Choi Seunghyun stared ahead for a few moments before standing up and simply walking out of the room. Soon, his agonized scream was heard.

"Guess there's only the three of us left." Daesung rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, glancing at his laptop as if it was possessed.

"I bet they would have lasted longer if we actually had a prize in thought for the winner." Seungri added with a huff, glancing at Youngbae with hope-filled eyes."So, it's your turn now, huh?"

just stop please.

"I guess." Running a hand through his freshly-bleached hair, the boy nodded. He quickly sat down in front of the laptop and put a hand on the mouse, lips curling upwards as the familiar sound-file was played. He checked the cameras ever so often, focusing on the doors, so he would be able to shut them if needed.

He only got distracted by the fly on the screen for a couple of moments...

And it was enough to send him into a frenzy. Of course, he acted calm and collected, not wanting to show just how the fox that had jumped at 'him' had terrified him. However,  his breaths came in short gasps for a moment as he glared at the 'game over' screen for a long minutes.

"This is stupid." He, too, decided to choose the easy way out, slipping out of the room quickly. A cocky grin grew on his lips as he shuffled away, shutting the door behind him with quite some force.

"Guess it's your turn.." Seungri muttered with a heavy sigh, eying his friend who was glaring ahead furiously, curly hair messed up, probably by his own, delicate hands.

For some reason, he looked quite cute like that, all frustrated... like some cat.

The younger shook off his stupid thoughts, shrugging a little as he watched the blond sit down and lean ahead, a determined look in his eyes.

"I can do this!" he said lowly, only trembling a little when he actually pushed the 'start' button.

we are lonely

However, the intro didn't start this time: as if guided by some odd magic, all light disappeared in the room that held the two, leaving them in complete darkness.

"Oh, the lights are out.." Daesung squeaked out, trying to regain his breathing: he was sure that it had stopped for a moment.

"Yeah. I bet it's one of those idiots playing a prank on us.." the younger scowled as he looked around blindly, letting out a sigh of relief when he managed to grab his friend's arm.

"Probably. They are crazy enough to do that.." The blond nodded with a sigh, biting into his lower lip. This was the first time he was scared in the dark...and it was crazy.

"Yeah. But... you know, if it was one of them.. we'd hear their stupid laughing now. They can't keep silent.."

"That's probably true. I guess they are scared less in their rooms, too."

Against his better judgement, Daesung stood up, fishing out his phone. He the torch application on it, nodding to himself."Let's go look for them!" he suggested, knees shaking just a little.

come play with us

The two left the room slowly, pointing the makeshift torch at anything and everything as they moved. There was nothing in the hall, just as expected. Of course: who would be crazy enough to go out in the dark instead of waiting for the blackout to end?

Other than them, that is.

With sluggish steps, they finally reached Youngbae 's room. They knocked on the door before pushing it in...

Their friend wasn't in there...

But Foxie the Fox  was. Staring at them with large, pinkish eyes that seemed to glow, it raised its arm threateningly.

The two ran away with high-pitched screams. Without thinking. Seungri tore open the door that led to the 'Big Seunghyun's' room, only to shriek in sheer shock..A large bear was grinned down at them, something very dark and very red dripping from its hands.

"This is just a nightmare.." Seungri whispered weakly, fear clear in his shaky voice. He blindly searched for his shaking friend's hand, squeezing it tightly "This is just a trick of our mind because we played that ing game. Let's... see if Jiyong is.."

Daesung could only whimper, his breathing labored. He wanted to convince himself that everything was fine, but each little sign pointed at just the opposite.

Of course, it could still be a twisted dream. Just a fragment of his imagination. He would wake up in the morning and everything would be okay...

Oddly, the bear made no move to attack them. It just stared ahead, completely still.

Seungri took that as a clue to drag his friend away in hope of finding Jiyong...

However, they didn't even reach the other's door: it flung often by itself, revealing glowing eyes in the darkness.

Not daring to actually point their only source of light at the shadowy figure, Seungri pulled the other close, hoping to shield him from any possible attacks. Daesung was in a panicky state, just like the younger..

Only, Seungri could think. Well, more or less.

His brain stopped functioning the moment he realized that they were cornered. All three 'animals' were now around them, stepping closer and closer.

He was just about to break down when he spotted something at the leg of the fox, the area that was brightened by Daesung's phone.

Pink slippers.

Jiyong's.

"You!" he nearly snarled as he glared at his cackling friends."Just..why?!" he asked, instinctively pulling Daesung closer when he tried to pull away, sensing that there was no real danger lurking around them.

"This was the prank of the year. We couldn't just miss out on it!" Seunghyun snickered as he removed the large head of his costume."And of course, the genius idea was all mine." he added.

"So you planned this. And we fell for it." Daesung summed the story up, a sigh escaping him as he nearly fell on the grande couch of  the living room. They had already turned the light back on, and things had finally calmed down. The cheeky members of the tricky trio were back in their regular clothes, grins on their faces as if they were beyond proud of themselves.

 Albeit the unfortunate two had been quite scared by their friends, they both had to admit that this prank had been quite good.

"You know, next time you do something like this, I'd rather be on your side.." Seungri chuckled a little, plopping down to Daesung with a chuckle.

"Nah, you two make the perfect team...perfect at being terrified, I mean." Jiyong grinned impishly as he sat down as well, stretching out a little.

Just as he was about to open his mouth again, the lights went out.

let's play now .for real.