Final~

Prom Night

Monday (5 days until prom)

 

“You’re always so quiet, Jungkook.” Hoseok says, shifting Yoongi on his lap so that he could grab his phone out of his pocket.

“Yeah,” Yoongi adds. “That’s probably why you don’t have a date to prom.”

Jungkook eyes them both and then looks back down at the paper in front of him. It was the rubric for the project their history teacher just assigned.

“Yoongi hush!” Hoseok snaps, knowing that Jungkook doesn’t want to hear anything about prom.

“What? I’m just stating the obvious. If he would just talk to people, maybe someone would have asked him go.”

Jungkook just sighs and continues to scan the assignment. In all honesty, he was planning on spending prom night getting a head start on this project. He just thinks that there are more important things to do than to get all primped up for one night of awkward dancing and bad finger food.

Jungkook just wants to survive high school and to achieve that, he chose to lay low and focus on his grades. He doesn’t need to become popular or try out for a sports team. All he wants to do is do his work and graduate.  

“You know Jungkook doesn’t care about making friends. Besides, he has us!” Hoseok says, flashing Jungkook a blinding smile.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. “You know, my life would be a lot less annoying without you two butting in all the time.”

“Shut up you twit! You know you love us,” Yoongi yells.

And Jungkook does.  He had been friends with Hoseok for as long as he could remember and when Hoseok started dating Yoongi freshman year, it was only natural that he became friends with him as well.

Jungkook offers them a small smile and at the same time, the bell rings and they all pack their things and head to their next class.

 

Friday (1 day until prom)

 

The school was buzzing and Taehyung tried his hardest to avoid the groups of girls that were excitedly chatting about tomorrow night in the halls. Every time he went to avoid one group, he would almost ram into another. After about 2 minutes of strategically weaving his way through of the maze of females, he made it to his classroom. He takes his seat and heaves a sigh.

“Excited about tomorrow, Tae?” Seokjin asks.

“As if,” Taehyung scoffs. “Why is everyone so worked up about the stupid event anyway?”

Seokjin gasps. “Taehyung! Prom night is a very important milestone in every teenager’s life! Girls get to dress up all pretty and wear the dress of their dreams! And guys get to wear their snazzy suits and spend a wonderful evening with their date. It’s a magical night, Taehyung. What’s not to love?”

Taehyung shrugs. “I just think it’s overrated. I mean, people spend all this money for just one night. Why not use that money for something practical? Like more lion plushies.”

Seokjin just shakes his head. “Why don’t you just come anyway? All you ever do is sit at home. Live a little.”

“Eh…I have a show to catch up on. Besides, I don’t even have a suit.”

“That’s okay, Tae! I have a suit you could borrow!” Seokjin beams, grabbing Taehyung’s wrists.

“That’s okay, Jin. Really.”

“No! You’re going to go to your high school prom even if I have to throw you in the back of my trunk!”

Taehyung just sighs and turns his attention to the front of the room where the teacher begins his lecture.

 

 

“Jungkookie~,” Hoseok coos. “Why don’t you just come tomorrow night? I mean, do you really want to miss your high school prom?”

“If you come, maybe you’ll meet someone hot!” Yoongi says.

Those two had been bothering Jungkook about going to prom all week. And frankly, he was getting a little tired of it.

“Fine. If I go will you two just shut up about it?”

The couple’s faces lit up.

“Okay, Kookie, come to my house around 6 so we can get you ready. Then you can ride with Yoongi and I to the venue.” Hoseok declares

Jungkook sighs, something he’s been doing a lot lately, and gets an early start on his homework.

 

Saturday (Prom Night)

 

Jungkook is heading to Hoseok’s house so the two dweebs can make him look good for tonight.  If he was being honest with himself, he would say he was a little excited. It had been a while since he went out with Hoseok and Yoongi and the only time he had worn a suit was to his brother’s wedding, so he was kinda looking forward to dressing up.

Hoseok answered the door and led Jungkook to his bedroom where Yoongi was spread out on the bed.

“What’s up, dip?” Yoongi greets.

“Can we just get to the dressing up part already,” Jungkook huffs as he sits on Yoongi’s legs.

Hoseok claps his hands together and turns around to open his closet. “Right, okay so I have an extra suit for you Jungkook and Yoongi, you brought your own so get your moving and change.”

Jungkook takes the suit from Hoseok and makes his way to the bathroom while the other two stay in the bedroom. 

Jungkook looks in the mirror, and he’s got to admit, he looks great and he’s actually feeling okay with going tonight.

He grabs the clothes he just changed out of off the floor and heads back to Hoseok’s bedroom only to be greeted with Yoongi pinned up against the wall with Hoseok’s tongue down his throat.

“Ahem…” Jungkook interrupts.  “Are you guys gonna face all night or are we gonna go?”

Yoongi helped Jungkook style his hair and Hoseok insisted on putting some lip gloss on him because then they look “kissable.”

And so the three boys head out to Yoongi’s car and drive to the ever-memorable prom night.

 

 

Taehyung is currently sat on Seokjin’s bedroom floor scrolling through his phone while the “princess” gets ready.

“You know, you should probably start getting ready, Tae,” Seokjin yells from across the hall in the bathroom.

“I just have to put the suit on, right? How long could that take?”

Jin just huffs and runs his fingers through his hair for the umpteenth time. He’s got to get it to lay just right.

He walks into the room with his hands on his hips. “Kim Taehyung, get off the phone and put on the damn suit!”

Taehyung rolls his eyes, but gets up and grabs the suit off the bed anyway. “Okay, Mother.”

 

 

Taehyung is the one to drive them since Jin wanted to look in the mirror and make sure his hair stayed in place.

They pull up to a waterfront venue that seems to spiral out into a balcony that hangs over the water and  you can see the party going strong from the parking lot where the two boys stand.

“Isn’t this beautiful, Tae? Look at the way the lights are glistening on the water,” Seokjin beams.

“Let’s just get this over with,” Taehyung sighs as he tugs Seokjin to the entrance.

The DJ has the music blasting and the crowd on the dancefloor are thoroughly enjoying themselves. Taehyung drags Seokjin to a table off in the corner and slumps into a chair.

“Well, this is where I’ll be all night so go and have your fun.”

Jin frowns. “Tae, this is supposed to be a fun night. Are you really gonna sit here the whole time?”

“Yep.”

“Fine. I’m gonna go find myself a man. Maybe if you decide to get up, you can find one too.”

And so Taehyung was left alone at that table in the corner while Seokjin went to flirt with some guy.

After a while, Taehyung got thirsty and decided to walk towards the punch bowl and he spotted a boy, a very bored looking boy, standing off to the side of the snack table.

He poured himself some punch and stood next to the boy.  The boy eyed him awkwardly and shuffled a little further away.

“I’m Taehyung.” He abruptly introduced.

The boy looked at him again. “Hi.”

“You look bored.”

“I am.”

“Well then why are you here?” Taehyung asked?

“I could ask the same of you,” the boy shot back.

“Wow! I don’t even know your name and you’re already snapping at me?”

The boy sighs. “It’s Jungkook. My name is Jungkook.”

“Well nice to meet you Jungkook. Are you here with someone?”

“Well my friends kinda forced me to come but left me in favor of grinding on each other on the dancefloor.” Jungkook explains, taking a sip of his punch.

“Well, what a coincidence. My friend made me come here too! But I opted to stay at a table while he went off somewhere.” Taehyung says stepping a bit closer to Jungkook.

It becomes a bit awkward between the two as they didn’t know how to continue their conversation. Taehyung scans the boy head to toe and decides he finds him extremely cute.

“Do you want to come sit at my table? That way you don’t look so out of place just standing here.” He suggests.

Jungkook hesitantly nods and follows him to the same table in the corner. Taehyung pulls out a chair for Jungkook and then sits in the one next to him.

They sit there in silence for a bit before Jungkook sighs.

“I’m sorry I’m so quiet. I just…I don’t really talk to people. The only people I do talk to are probably making out somewhere.”

Taehyung smiles. “It’s okay. It’s nice just sitting here with you.”

Jungkook blushes. “But we aren’t even doing anything. I mean, why don’t you get up and go find a girl to dance with? You’re hand…some.” Jungkook says, whispering the last part.

Taehyung’s smile grows. Jungkook really was adorable. 

“I’d rather stay here with you.”

Jungkook’s face goes red. “D-do you really want to stay here? I told you I’m not really a talker.”

“That’s okay. I’ll talk for the both of us.” Taehyung says. “As long as you’re willing to listen.”

Jungkook nods his head and so Taehyung launches into a one sided debate on why collecting plushies was good for the soul.

 

 

Time seems to slip by and before they know it, prom is over.  Hoseok and Yoongi came from who knows where to make sure Jungkook knew they were leaving.  Seokjin was clinging to some guy and told Taehyung he wouldn’t have to worry about driving him home.

Jungkook really didn’t want to leave. Sitting with Taehyung and listening to him talk was really the highlight of Jungkook’s entire…well his entire school year.  Jungkook had developed a crush on Taehyung in just a couple hours. Those very hours he spent listening to Taehyung’s deep voice and watching his lips form words. He found himself liking the childlike qualities of Taehyung and longed to find out more about him.

It was with a heavy heart that Jungkook got up. “Thanks Taehyung. For letting me sit with you. And for sharing your stories. I really enjoyed tonight.”

“I should be thanking you! No one ever sticks around long enough to hear about the monkey spitting in my face!”  Taehyung is practically hovering over Jungkook.

“Come on, Kid!” Yoongi yells from across the room.

Jungkook nods and turns back to Taehyung. “I guess I should be leaving now.”

“Yeah.” Taehyung agrees. “Wait! Let me get your number.”

Jungkook very clumsily grabs Taehyung’s phone and inputs his number.

Taehyung is practically glowing with happiness. “Thanks Jungkook, I’ll text you okay?”

“O-okay” Jungkook says, looking at the floor instead of at Taehyung.  “Bye.”

“One more thing!” Taehyung says as he grabs Jungkook’s wrist and pulls him into a hug.

“I’m really glad I met you tonight.”

“M-me too,” Jungkook stutters.

Taehyung lets him go and watches him leave with his friends. He sighs, looks at his phone and decides he really should head home.

 

...

 

It’s after both boys are washed and cozy in bed that Jungkook’s phone vibrates.

 

Sweet dreams, Jungkook~

 

A/N:  okay! I finsihed this before I needed to go to sleep. Mission accomplished! I hope you guys liked this. Just something I put together after being inspired. Also I used the venue I went to for my prom as reference. I'm sorry I'm so bad a decribing it. You can see some pics here x  x of course it was pouring rain on my prom night so it didn't look that pretty but oh well~

Leave some comments cuz they really do make me happy and keep a look out for part three of Ramen and for some more fics comng in the future~