ACT-1

ACT
Please log in to read the full chapter

ACT- 1

 

I am sitting on a black comfy leather couch. I wear a red mini sparkling gown with some make up and perfect wavy hair that the stylist made. The lights shining towards me and the cameras are set around, ready to record a live talk show that is aired twice in a week.  Beside me there is a table with a fancy chair that is occupied by the MC. She looks elegant with her black evening gown and short styled hair. I sit here as the guest tonight, it’s not my first time being here. I turn my head and see cameraman who hide behind the camera showing three fingers on the air. I straighten up my chest and smile. Two.  One.  I am on air.

The MC greets me nicely with her unique way of talking. We talk a lot about my career path as an entertainer. I like her because she throws some jokes slings with her questions. That reduces the tense on some serious talks.

“How’s your feeling being called the national princess?” She stares at me and I nod, I turn my head to the camera and answer her question.

“It is really an honor for me, and I am so grateful for that. Thanks a lot” I bow to the audiences and the camera, to all people who is watching me right now.

“How sweet, darling. Now for the last question I will make it a little rough for you” She puts on a fake evil smile on her face. I see that the audiences are getting more focus on us. I do so. I mentally preparing my mind to answer that ‘rough’ question she is going to give.

“And so, Our national princess. Can you tell us about your love experience?” So this is it. I don’t really like this kind of question. It does remind me of someone in my past that I want to erase from my mind, brain, memory or anything else that I am able. So I just lift up my chin and move my lips to form a sweet smile for everyone. I turn my head towards the MC and I look that ‘waiting’ face of her.

“Love? Sorry but I’m not interested on it” I know this answer is really disappointing. The audiences faces change and I also know that I upset them. But that’s all I can say. My definition of love really turned upside down since then. I used to believe that love is real, sweet and somehow dreamy. Romantic dramas or novels taught me that, they brainwashed me just like any other girls.  I kept those thought in my mind up until my early high school life. That caused me wanting to have my own love story, and so I did. But it is far beyond how I wish it would ends up. I got a bitter one instead.

 

Back then on my first year, I wore a pair of black framed glasses. I really like to read, especially when it comes to a romance. I could finish the whole chapters in no time. I was not really good at socializing with schoolmates, so I’m not that well known in school. I only had a really small amount of friends. And I also prefer to read the novel that I brought on the recess time and eat alone in class. Almost every book that I read describes the main girl character has a good appearance. Pretty faces, perfect body shapes nor any other good things. This fact really hesitate me, even though I wanted taste a love life, every time I look at my own self I doubt that I could I catch any attention.

On one noon after the class ended, I carried some books. No, not some, but many books that stacked and even disturbed my vision. That time I carefully tip-toed on the hallway, making my way to the library. Those books I borrowed needed to be lent back soon. But when I took another step, I tripped on a tiny stupid rock that I don’t even know where the hell it comes from. Thus I landed on the ground with both hand supporting my body.  “Ouch!” I moaned. My eyes automatically took a glance around the area and luckily no one’s near here.

I heaved a relieved sigh and I looked down to find my glasses that I believe slipped down earlier. I finally spotted it which was lay among the messy books on floor. I lent my hand to reach the glasses when suddenly someone squatted in front of me and hand some of the books that I dropped. I looked up and met a pair of eyes currently staring at me. Even though it was a bit blurry because of my minus, I found those eyes were so fascinating. They have strong edges on each. Above, I saw a pair of thick eyebrows that fitted perfectly. He has that pointed nose and a well tip lips. Those curve on both of his cheek made him even more good looking.  It was crazy how my mind kept telling me that this guy is one of God’s best masterpieces. Seconds later, I brought back to reality when he waved in front of my face. I looked up and saw his smiling face, those curved up line made my heart raced and I clearly felt every thumps.

He collected the remaining on floor. I wore my glasses and quickly did the same thing as him. We both stood up, I patted back of my skirt to clear the dirt then I looked up to him. “Thank you” I said. He curled up his lips again, he lent me the books on his hand and I took the

Please log in to read the full chapter