Jongin

Happy Ending

 

 

 

Jongin slung his bag around his shoulders lazily, mentally counting his steps in the empty hallway. His worn out white converse skid noisily against the tiles. It was too early for anyone to be walking around the school territory as it was only five in the morning but he did not care. He grumbled under his breath and dragged his feet towards the school garden behind the huge building.

 

Once he arrived at the spacious grass-filled lawn, he searched for a sturdy tree to rest.

 

It has been a bad habit of his to climb up a tree and just take a light nap on top of the branches. His parents had deliberately cut down all the trees in the area of their mansion but Jongin would always visit the mansion next door just to climb up his neighbor’s mango tree and do nothing than lay there for hours.

Within less than 15 seconds, he managed to reach one of the high branches and rest there. He used his bag to cover his eyes and decided to sleep for now.

 

This is going to be a long day.

 

 

 

Jongin never wanted to transfer school, in fact, he hates the idea of meeting new people and try to make new friends. But to his dismay, his rich parents had other plans. He was comfortable enough in the all-boys boarding school back in LA and returning to his birth country isn't in his to-do list, so none of his maids or butlers questioned his incredibly sour mood. It’s been a few years since he had last visited Korea and most things have changed by now. Now that he’s staying for good, he should probably adapt to the culture and get used to the language. If it weren’t for his grandfather’s dying wish, he wouldn’t want to come back here.

 

Actually Jongin is friendly and nice to everyone, there was no essence of arrogance in him even though knowing he’ll be inheriting a huge company in the future. He is humble and caring, his friends back in the US wouldn’t try to doubt that. Making friends there is easy, what about here? He braced himself for the worst.

 

A few minutes passed by uneventfully and Jongin is enjoying his tiny escapade in an unfamiliar school. His early arrival was for him to roam around the building to get accustomed to the classes and other rooms but he’ll just ask around if he get lost because honestly he is too tired for first day of school drama.

 

The place was rather peaceful until a thud woke the boy from his nap followed by another sound.

 

 

“,” a voice cursed.

 

Jongin cracked an eye open to inspect his surroundings. His other eye fluttered open lazily and he began looking around the place to find the female voice he heard just now.

 

From his position on top of the tree, he could spot a girl with wavy long hair. Somehow she managed to fall down, tripping on a root or something, and scrapped her knees. The books she was carrying was scattered all around the grass and being the nice boy he is, Jongin jumped down from his comfortable place and landed on both his feet like a skilled ninja.

 

“Are you okay?” he spoke calmly.

 

The girl spun her head around and stared at Jongin wide eyed, the glasses perched on the bridge of her nose slipped down in the process. Jongin almost chuckled but hid his smile behind his palms.

 

“I… I’m okay. I… I’m fine.”

 

She jumped onto both feet and began collecting her belongings with quick movements. The young male crouched down on the ground and began stacking her dispersed papers before offering it to her. She took it and bowed countless of time in gratitude.

 

“Thank you,” she timidly whispered. She looked up to steal a glance at the boy in front of her. There was a look of acknowledgement on her eyes when she looked at his face. “You must be Kim Jongin, nice meeting you.” She smiled and bowed again to the flustered boy.

 

“How did you know my name?”

 

“Everyone here knows your name. Don’t be too surprised or shocked on your first day okay?”

 

Jongin couldn’t muster any other reaction than hanging his jaw loosely. Wait, why surprised though?

 

Before he could say anything else, his eyes then focused on the patch of blood on pale legs, “hey, your leg is bleeding.”

 

The girl looked down to her own knees and cursed for the second time today. This time Jongin did chuckle out loud. She winced a little after moving it a few times and shrugged her shoulders. “Anyway, thank you for your help. See you around Jongin.” She waved with her free hand before running to the school building with limping legs.

Jongin’s hand was frozen mid air in an awkward waving style and with a similar awkward smile on his star struck face.

 

 

 

---

 

Jongin's nightmare comes alive later that morning.

It was nearing 8 and Jongin is inwardly crying. The amount of people who had been crowding around him for the last half an hour are increasing in number, be it girls or boys, or teachers.

 

“Hey it’s Kim Jongin!”

“He looks as handsome as I have expected!”

“Jongin oppa, marry me!!”

 

 

This is what she meant by ‘everyone here knows your name’. Jongin tried to smile at every compliment he received and tried not to wince at the high-pitched screams from his fangirls.

 

This must be Jongdae’s doing.

 

He was now pushed against the lockers, I mean, crowded with people with no possible way out. He could see Jongdae at the side, cackling like an evil witch at his misfortune. Kim Jongin models for Vogue and Bazaar a few times but he never expected he would get himself a group of fans and a fanclub. He did photoshoots years ago and he wondered how people still recognize him, Jongdae must have spilled it out.

 

The entrance door suddenly opened with a loud thud and everyone’s attention was taken by the male who kicked it open. The amount of girls crowding him  lessens and they began crowding the newcomer and his group of friends at an instant.

 

“Oh Sehun, you got yourself a competitor,” a pretty boy with fluffy pink hair who was walking next to the stoic boy pointed to Jongin and his own fans. Jongin and the boy locked gazes for mere seconds before Oh Sehun smirked and left off.

The boy with styled blonde hair just walked straight ahead as if he was used to all the screams and chocolates thrown to him.

 

 

The bell rung and everyone dispersed to go to their own classes. Before Jongin left his position, he could see a certain student with long wavy brown hair running out of a room towards the stairs. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad attending this school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

a/n : its such an irony on how this is my first story but latest to update. I almost forgot this story hahahaha. i did not intend to update this story but suddenly my laptop keeps on whispering that i should continue this.

\

thanksfor reading and im sorry for every gramatical error and misspellings