Just Reasons

PROMISES

1996

A pregnant woman, Hyochun who's begging her husband to not leave them. Her husband. Minshik was already packed up all his stuff to leave the small house in Tokyo regardless his childrens. Their children are just sitting quietly on the coach watching them fighting each other.

Hyochun: please, honey..dont do this...arent you regret leave your children like this? They need you! #pulling Minshik's arm

Minshik: just let me go...!

Hyochun: what have we done to you? We can go with you...why you didnt tell us?

Minshik didnt answered but pushing his wife's hand from his and keep moving. But Hyochun still chasing him to the garage. But she failed to persuade him. He left his wife and childrens for some reasons.

 

2013

Jiyeon's POV

A month of Christmas

Till now, i still have no idea why dad left us. I just cant remember anything. But i would just forget it. It's just that i hate my dad so much. My grandma tell me everything about dad and makes me hate him even more.

October

I was accepted to Seoul for my education. But my family wont let me go because that we dont have money toarrow-10x10.pngpay for it. I was too sad and just let it.

At the next day, mom arrived from work. I was lying on the living room's couch do nothing. Mom suddenly sat on the edge of the couch where i lie and start a converstaionarrow-10x10.png me.

Hyochun: hey sweetheart?

Jiyeon: yes, mom?

Hyochun: i'm sorry that i didnt give you a present for you birthday and also Christmas present. Really sorry. I was just being unfair to you. I gave your sister and brother a present for their birthday this year.

Jiyeon: emm..so? not a big deal mom...

Hyochun: i was being unfair to you. So i decided to take all of my moneyarrow-10x10.png where grandpa left for me, and pass it to you, then you will use it for your studies.

I was pretty shocked and raise my upper body when mom said that.

Jiyeon: what?

Hyochun: you will go to Seoul.

Jiyeon: Are you serious?

Hyochun: do i look like i'm joking?

Jiyeon: ofcourse! #chuckle excitedly# but mom? why use your money?arrow-10x10.pngwhy not use mine? i have it from a bank...

Hyochun: as i said...it's a present from me..

Jiyeon: this present was totallyarrow-10x10.png huge mom...#laughing

Hyochun: yeah...as long as you had a thing to learn, and collect knowledge.

Jiyeon: thank you mom...i really appreciate it....

Hyochun: study hard..

I was just smile. I just dont know what to say. I was too happy that i could go.

I'll fly with my sister, Taehee at the end of year. My sister's univercity located across the sea as well but far from Seoul. It'll be really hard for us to meet each other but we'll try.

 

Early January of 2014...

Me and my sister arrived to the airport by a cab together with mom. My brother, Ilhoon couldnt be here with us as he had a class. Well at least i could say goodbye to him this morning. It's really sad to leave family for a year. If only we had lots money, i certainly would catch a flight back home every weekend.

Nevermind. Grandpa said, "time goes by too fast. So a year is like a month. Someday you will open your eyes and everything is gone. Even then if you make the best for it." Maybe i should believe my grandpa.

We stopped by before enter the scan machine to said goodbye to mom.

Hyochun: well, goodluck for both of you.

Taehee: thank you mom..

Hyochun: Jiyeon, dont speak Japanese too much. Try speak Korean.

Jiyeon: yes mom...thanks for everything. I love you mom..

Then both of us hug our mother tightly. I will miss mom.

Hyochun: okay now..off you go...

We dont wanna miss our flight then enter the scanning machine with guards.

When we passed through the beg scanning, we both waves our hand to mom for last goodbye.

Ughh...everything went too fast. Everything's settled. Now i could only sit in the plane seat, and try to imagine, who's wiling to be my friend or do they want to be my friend? And who will fall in love with me? I guess no one will attrack on me.

I never talk to Korean before after 21 years we left Korea. Mom rarely use Korean language to us.

3 hours later,..

We have just arrived at Incheon airport. This is my first time to be in Korea. I dont have idea of which distance should i go.

Taehee: well, my friend is here. They come to pick me up to my hostel. Well you have to take care yourself.

Jiyeon: yeah, see you on december...i love you sister...

Taehee: i love you too...i have too go...you wait here and our cousin will come to pick you up...

Jiyeon: okay...

Now Taehee left. No body left but me, waiting for my cousin to pick me up.

After 10 minutes of waiting, my cousin arrived. They came out from the car and hug me.

Cousin: you already grown up..and you're getting more prettier...

Jiyeon: thanks...

Then after that went into the car, and they drive me to the right distance.

After 30 minutes driving, we finally reached to the place where i should be. Never realized how huge this campus is. Seoul Univercity was a nice place. Ofcourse i'm surrounded by strangers, except my cousin. But i didnt know her much.

Seriously, i just feel like wanna go back to Tokyo. Mom! I wanna go home. Wait Jiyeon, if you go back home, you wont stop hearing grandma's "fairy tale". That makes me suffer a lot! Wow.

When everthing has done, now i have a key for my room at the girl hostel. Yeah, looks like no one leave here. That's great though. The room is pretty bright and clean. So i put all my stuff in the wardrob on the study table. There is another bed beside my bed actually. But it looks empty.

Done putting all of my stuff, now i have to rest. I didnt take a nap on the plane. I was too dizzy and i even cant sleep. I was too tired. So i jump on my bed in my new room. Not bad. Quite comfortable. It's great i brought my hello kitty pillow. Never forgot.

Suddenly someone open the door and stepped inside the room without knocking. Actually she's my roommate. She stepped inside and say hello to me, bringing her luggage. Very huge luggage and handbeg. I didnt know i have roommate.

She then sat on the bed beside me after putting all her begs on the floor. She looks really tired. I guess she wanna rest for a while. She looks cute.

Girl: hi... #tired

Jiyeon: hello...#smilling

Girl: this is really tiring. I've been pulling these begs non stop.

Jiyeon: well, studying...sacrifies...

Girl: yeah, thats right...

Jiyeon: i'm Jiyeon by the way...

Girl: ah, nice to know you Jiyeon~shi...i'm Dasom...i'm from Gangnam..

Jiyeon: ouhh...that's great...i'm from Tokyo.

Girl: #surprised# well i'm a bit surprise...you dont look like Japanese. But it's obvious you cant speak Korean perfectly.

Jiyeon: Well i am Korean but i'm born and grown up in Tokyo.

Girl: i see...at least you know how to speak Korean. Thats great...

Jiyeon: my mom is half Japanese. She speak japanese more. Rarely speak korean...but at least i know a bit and understand it...

Girl: well thats great...i seriously happy to know you...

Jiyeon: me too...#wide smile

Well, it's great to have a roommate. At least i had a companian. Dasom is my first friend ever in this college and she will make a my history in life.