Happy New year

Untitled

"I love you!" Jinki confess.

 

The guy he just confess to look at him apologetically. "I'm sorry..." Jinki look down. "I really don't feel anything to you Jinki. I... I'm going."

 

And the guy did leave at the same time the fireworks splurt out the dark sky. Leaving Jinki alone in the cold new years eve. 

 

Jinki look up to watch the sky being painted with colors. Happy colors who clearly mocks his broken heart. 

 

He sniff. 

 

Along with the changing of the year came his 10th heartbreak. 

 

"Why is this always happening to me? Why do I always fall in love with people who doesn't like me?" He said to nothing in particular. "Yet, this is the worst. Being dumped in new years eve nonethless is much worse than the other rejections I experienced." Then he brushed his tears away, gathering all his efforts to look strong and brave. "I guess its time to make my new years resolution. From now on, I will never fall in love. Even if I did feel something for that person I will never confess." He said.

 

--

 

"Hyung!" Jinki groan hearing that. Even with his eyes closed Jinki can still recognize that annoying voice. Its the voice of his roommate.

 

"Leave me alone Key! I want to sleep!" He said, covering his ears with his pillow while still being hidden under his blanket.

 

"Sleep? Are you trying to be funny? Its already 1 in the afternoon!" Key said, pulling the blanket off of Jinki only to fail. "Get out of that coccoon of yours or I will throw all the chickens inside the fridge!" He threatened.

 

And wow! It worked. 

 

"You wouldn't dare!" Jinki said, sitting up and glaring at Key.

 

Key smirk. "Oh trust me I would." 

 

Jinki sigh. "Key... why are you even always bothering me when I always want to sleep?" He ask, sliding off his bed and walking straight to the comfort room.

 

Key raise a brow. "You ask that a million of times hyung and I always answer you the same." He said. "I want you to be productive. And sleeping isn't really productive. Besides, I told you that we're going to fetch my cousin around three later."

 

Jinki's head peak out of the comfort room with a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. "Wseasrewshat? Shincewshendsidsyoushaidshometshinglsiketshat?" He said. Key frown at him. 

 

"Hyung, where did your manners go? Spit that out first before talking." He said.

 

And Jinki did so. He walk back to the comfort room and spit the foam off his mouth. "Since when did you say something like that?" 

 

"Around last week but I guess you forgot." Key said, fixing Jinki's messy bed. "But, that's okay you can always pay me with a lunch." 

 

Jinki groan.

 

"Now, prepare yourself. We're leaving in one hour and a half. You also need to eat your brunch." the younger said, leaving the older with a frown.

 

--

 

"Where is your cousin Key?" Jinki ask for the nth time that whole time they're in the airport.

 

According to Key, his cousin is coming from Japan. The guy studied there in favor for his parents wish but, he never really liked that idea so instead of studying really hard, the guy goes off every night in a japanese club. 

 

Though, despite that irresponsibleness, Jonghyun managed to finish his studies. The guy's name is Kim Jonghyun. Jinki just wish that Jonghyun is not as pushy as his cousin.

 

"Hyung, patience is a virtue. Wait okay? He called a while ago and he said he is just going to the comfort room so wait. Be a good bunny and wait." Key litany. 

 

Jinki frown. "Stop calling me a bunny. I'm not a bunny." He said.

 

"Yeah. But I still swear you're a bunny in your past life. What's with that two front teeth." Then Key thinks for a moment. "Or maybe you're a tofu." He turn to Jinki. "Are you not hyung?" He ask with a sweet smile.

 

"I am not." Jinki said. "Its not my fault that I look so squishy."

 

"Those chicken is taking a toll in your body. You might re-think of stop eating chickens for a while." Key advice.

 

Jinki just roll his eyes to that. "Not a chance."

 

--

 

"Again. Where is your cousin?" 

 

Jinki ask again. The two of them is waiting for Key's cousin. And its been 2 hours since Key reads the last text of his cousin.

 

"He is already here hyung. Can't you even wait?" Key said, fiddling with his phone. "I'm texting him already, okay?" 

 

Jinki clicked his tongue. "Isn't it pitiful enough that I've been waiting here for almost 3 hours with you? Does your cousin even have some consideration in him?" He said.

 

"Hyung, I know I ruined your free time but-- Oh! Look! He is here hyung!" Key said with a big smile.

 

Jinki turn to look at the person coming towards them. The guy is wearing a black shirt with stars on front, tight jeans and a jacket. Jinki raise a brow.

 

"Yah! Good thing you're already here you slowpoke!" Key nags.

 

The guy chuckles. "Sorry. I got cornered by a few girls and I don't know how to escape them. Sorry." He said.

 

Jinki shake his head softly. Key roll his eyes on his cousin's ego. "Don't be too conceited Jjong." Then he turns to Jinki who is so bored out of his wits. 

 

"This guy here is Lee Jinki. The guy I've been telling you about." Key introduce.

 

Key's cousin turn to Jinki and stiffen. Jinki frown. He doesn't know why such expression appeared on the guy's face just by seeing him. 

 

"And he is my cousin. Kim Jonghyun." Key continue.

 

Jinki bow in recognition. "Hello Jonghyun-ssi, I'm Lee Jinki. Nice to meet you." He said, extending his hand for a shake.

 

But it seems that Jonghyun has other plans. He circled his arms on Jinki's shoulder and smirk good-naturedly. Jinki raise a brow at him. "Hi! Don't put a -ssi to it. Just call me Jonghyun, Jinki. And by the way, I'm single." He said.

 

Jinki smile awkwardly. "Uh... Nice to know that you're single but..." He gently pulled the guy's arm around him. "I think that's quite useless. I'm not really interested of knowing that."

 

Jonghyun look at him with a startled expression while Key just laugh with how epic Jonghyun's face is. He nudge his cousin by the ribs with more force to pass it as a joke. "Now. Now. Let's go. I'm sure I remember myself saying that you owe me a lunch hyung." He said, pulling Jinki to his car. 

 

--

 

Jonghyun can't really take his eyes off on Jinki's direction. This is the very first time he saw someone that beautiful. Seriously, Jinki is beautiful. The chubby cheeks, the plush lips, the small eyes, the visible front teeth whenever he speak. Also, not to mention the smile. It might be an awkward smile but still, its pretty than any girls'.

 

"So Jjong. Why did you decided to come back here? I thought you made it clear to us that you'll be staying in Japan for good." Key ask his cousin.

 

Jonghyun forced himself to tear his gaze away from Jinki. "I realized that Korean people is prettier than the Japanese. (A/n: No offense though. I love Japanese people especially my biases. So no hard feelings.) Also, I want to teach music here." He answer. He lean on the side where Jinki is seated and driving. "How about you Jinki, do you like music?" 

 

"Sort of. But, I sing just for fun." Jinki said, not taking his attention off the road.

 

Jonghyun beam. "Really? That's great! Why don't you sing for me?" He ask. 

 

Jinki turn the car around the curve. "Sorry but, I don't feel like singing. Besides, I'm not that good." He said.

 

Jonghyun pouts. Key giggles. It is quite obvious that his cousin is trying to woo his bestfriend but too bad. Key knows that from the very start 

Jonghyun doesn't stand a chance. Not because he is ugly as or anything. Hell! No one in their family is ugly okay. Its just that Jinki is not interested in commiting himself with anyone just yet. 

 

"What are you saying hyung? Not that good? I don't think so. Your voice is heavenly." Key compliments.

 

Jinki roll his eyes. "I'm already treating you for lunch so stop flattering me. It won't work." 

 

Key shrug. He turns to his cousin once again. "Anyway Jjong, how are you with your girlfriend?" He ask instead.

 

Jonghyun frown. "What girlfriend? I don't have one since two weeks ago." He answer, still staring at Jinki. 

 

Key just shake his head. "If you say so~" Then he chuckles.

 

--

 

Two weeks passed, Jonghyun is sharing a room with Jinki since Key refused to surrender his room saying about stuff like his room is his santuary and his treasure. Its not like its different to Jinki's. Jinki is hesitant at first but since he is a good soul he decided that it would do him no harm if Jonghyun does share a room with him. The only problem is that there is only one bed. During the first night, the two of them share a bed but the next day, Jinki advised Jonghyun that its better if he buy his own bed.  

 

Flashback:

 

"Do we really need to buy a bed?" Jonghyun ask for the second time that day. 

 

The two of them is busy buying a bed for Jonghyun. Jinki is searching for it while Jonghyun is busy whining.

 

"Yeah." Jinki simply answer.

 

"But why?" Jonghyun whines. He really can't find the point of buying a new bed when he is quite sure that the two of them is just perfectly fine on Jinki's bed.

 

"Jonghyun, two grown up men sharing a small bed is seriously weird. Besides, I care about personal space." Jinki answer, turning to Jonghyun.

 

"But I like your bed." Jonghyun said. 

 

Jinki sigh. "Then you can have it." He said, defeated.

 

Jonghyun frown. "Huh?"

 

"I'll just buy my own." Jinki said.

 

"No! That's not what I actually mean." Jonghyun said, Jinki frown at him. "What I mean is that, I like you beside me on your bed." 

 

Jinki's eyes widen. He don't know what to say so he settled with a: "Okay... Let's pretend you didn't said anything." 

 

End of Flashback.

 

Since then also, Jinki started putting distance between him and Jonghyun. He realized that by doing so Jonghyun might see that Jinki isn't interested with what he wants to happen. Yeah. Its all clear to Jinki that since the first day of Jonghyun's arrival, the guy is hitting on him. Too bad Jinki isn't interested.

 

"Jinki!" 

 

Jinki's heart beats rapidly because of that. He hesitantly turn to Jonghyun. 

 

"Y-yes?" He mentally kicked himself for stuttering.

 

When Jonghyun got to him, the guy is smiling so wide. "You want to grab lunch with me?" He ask.

 

Jinki thinks for a while before nodding. "Okay. Wait though, I'll ask Key to tag along." He said standing up.

 

But Jonghyun pushes him back. "Forget Key." He said. Jinki look at him confused. "I... I asked him first but he said he have better things to do." 

Jonghyun said looking away.

 

Jinki frown but agreed still. "Okay..." 

 

--

 

The two of them found themselves eating inside a perfectly decorated restaurant in South Korea. But the place is not the only thing great in there. The foods they serve is equally perfect. Jinki can't believe that a place like that even existed.

 

"Do you like the food Jinki?" Jonghyun ask. 

 

Jinki look up to him, he noticed that Jonghyun haven't touched his food yet. 

"Yeah, I do. But it seems that you don't." He answer.

 

Jonghyun smile. "Its not that. Just by looking at you, I'm already full." He said.

 

Jinki look amused and laugh. "Your humor is really great Jonghyun. You almost made me believe that you like me for real." He said.

 

"That is because I'm not acting it all up and I'm not being humorous also." Jonghyun said seriously.

 

Jinki frown. "What do you mean?" He ask.

 

Jonghyun took hold of Jinki's hand. "What I mean is. I like you Jinki. From the very first time I saw you. It might sound cliche but that's the truth. It might sound ridiculous but that's what I feel. I like you Jinki." He confess.

 

Jinki glance at their hands then to Jonghyun's face. After a while, he gently pulls off putting his hands on his lap. "I'm sorry..." He starts. "I... I don't know what to say. I don't know what to react but... I... I'm sorry." He stutters before finally settling with a small sorry.

 

Jonghyun gets what Jinki means. He is rejected but, he can still try. "Jinki... don't say sorry. You're rejecting me but I can still try wooing you right?" He said with a small smile.

 

Jinki sigh. "Please stop this Jonghyun." He said, standing up. "I think we should go. Here." He place a few bills on the table. "For my share." And he walks off.

 

--

 

During the following days, Key can notice how Jinki avoids Jonghyun. He can feel the hurt seeping out of his cousin's body. He sigh. He doesn't know what's wrong. 

 

He tried to ignore all of it but when Jonghyun suddenly decided that its time leave out of Jinki and Key's shared apartment did it matter to him. 

 

"What? Why? Aren't you comfortable here?" Key ask his cousin who is busy packing his stuff. Jinki just watch on the sidelines.

 

Jonghyun turn to Key but his look is past him and to Jinki. "I don't think I 

should stay here. After all, I'm just a slacker here." He said.

 

Jinki look down. 

 

"Slacker? Who told you that? Jonghyun, you can stay here. You've been here for how many weeks and you're happy. Why are you leaving then?" Key insist.

 

"Its for the best Key. Don't insist about this. You can visit me in my new apartment anyway." He said, walking out of Jinki's room. 

 

When he got to Jinki, he took a stop and inhales. "Thanks for letting me stay here." Then he turn to him. "I'm also sorry for troubling you." 

 

And off he go. 

 

Jinki just look down on his shoes. He has to admit that he feels hurt. 

 

--

 

As soon as Jonghyun is out, Key bombarded Jinki with questions.

 

"Hyung, what happened?" Key ask.

 

Jinki look away. "Nothing." He answer. 

 

" that nothing!" Key snap. "I'm not blind hyung. I noticed this for a while, but why is things so awkward with you and Jonghyun?" 

 

Jinki remain silent.

 

"Hyung, you better answer me."

 

"He... He confessed to me." Jinki said, voice barely a whisper. 

 

Key frown. "Then what?" 

 

"Then I rejected him." Jinki said. "He insisted until I started avoiding him. I know I shouldn't have done that but I'm just scared."

 

"Scared of what?" Key ask, voice going soft. Now, he understands Jinki.

 

"Scared that I'll end up to be the one falling deeply in love. He told me he like me and its just like Key. Its just halfway to love." Jinki said, his eyes showing the insecurities he is feeling. "And, I made a promise to myself remember? I'll never fall in love." 

 

Key sigh. So, after all this is still all about Jinki's resolution last new years eve. "Hyung, you did figure out that you didn't deny that you have feelings for Jjong right?" 

 

Jinki look down and frown. If he'll be honest with himself, he did feel something for Jonghyun. And its strong enough to remember his pains and promise to himself.

 

"Its been one year hyung, and new years eve is just around the corner." Key said. "You can't just give up on love. You've been rejected during new years eve but so what? Its nothing right? You aren't dying to give up. You can feel something for my cousin and you just have to man up and tell it to him." 

Jinki is about to say something but Key beat him to it. "And, don't tell me about that promise again cause I swear you will live the rest of your life being deprive of chicken."

 

Jinki shiver at that. "Gi-give me some time, I guess."

 

Key nods with a smile. Its good to talk some sense to Jinki.

 

--

 

When Jinki said he needed time, it meant having to think about it for a whole month. With the constant bothering for Key's side and having to think during christmas, he decided that he really do have to face his feelings anytime soon. He really should stop being a coward and man up.

 

So, one cold night, (because their AC is on maximum and its snowing outside) he came up to Key and said. 

 

"I need help. I'm going to apologize to Jonghyun and confess." 

 

Key look up from his magazine and smirk. "Good! Now, that's more like it." He said. "I have a plan."

 

--

 

Key's plan is very simple. Their nieghborhood is going to have a new years countdown party, and that's where they will move. Key will invite Jonghyun since he live not too far, he will not say that jinki will come and then excuse himself so the two canbe left alone. Once done, Jinki will finally will himself to blurt everything out. Jinki just hope that it will turn up good.

 

"Oh man! This place is crowded!" Key whine. He hates crowded place because that would mean sweat.

 

Jonghyun roll his eyes. "Shut up Key. Do I need to remind you that this is your idea." He said.

 

Key shrug. "But that doesn't change the fact that despite the snow, my sweat is trickling down my spine." 

 

Jinki sigh. He still feel awkward. Key turn to him, his eyes signaling that he should make a move. "Uh... Guys, I'm kind a hungry. Do you mind if one of us can get a food?" He said, glancing at Key. "I... I would be willing to--"

 

"No." Key intervene. "I would get it. I'm quite sure you would trip and bring our foods down. So, no. I'll go get it." He reason. 

 

Jonghyun frown. He can't let Key go get the foods for them because that would mean he would be left alone with Jinki and he can't afford that to happen. He is still not over of his feelings for the guy. 

 

"How about I get it. I'm sure the foods will be very hard to carry and I know you hate to carr--" 

 

"What are you saying Jjong? I'm not going to buy a cement, I'm buying a food. I'm sure it won't be that hard. So no complains. I'm going." Key said and left.

 

--

 

Its just the two of them by now. Jinki is sure that he should have been doing what Key and him planned but he is stuck. He don't know what to say.

 

The silence is unbearable for Jonghyun so he sigh and finally decided to follow Key.

 

"I'm going to Key. He might need my help with carrying the foods." He said, opting to leave.

 

Jinki look up. "W-wait!" He exclaim. Jonghyun stops. "J-jonghyun... Can we... talk?" He said.

 

Jonghyun remain silent.

 

Jinki sigh and look down on his shoes once again. "First, I really want to say sorry to you." He starts. "I'm sorry for...-"

 

"For dumping me, for avoiding me and treating me like I'm a plaque or something?" Jonghyun continues for Jinki. "Well, that's alright, if that's what you need." He turn to Jinki. "Its okay, I'll get over you." He said.

 

Jinki shake his head. "That's not it Jonghyun. I want to say sorry for not being able to face my feelings and hurt you." He said. Jonghyun frown. 

 

"Truth is, I really do love you, but I'm afraid." He look down. "I've been dump a lot of times and one them is during new years eve. It hurts. It hurts to welcome the new year with a broken heart. Let's just say I'm traumatized. So, right there and then, I promised to myself that I'll never fall in love. I'll never confess. Even if I feel something for that person. But, look. Here I am, trying to tell you that I love you. A great contrast to my promise, despite knowing that you only like me." He chuckle lightly. "Anyway, I just want to say that. Key told me that I should say what's on my mind. So, I'm sorry. But I'm sure you won't forgive me so easily because my sorry won't do any difference." 

 

Then silence.

 

Jinki inhales. "I... I'm going home. I'll just text Key that I already did it and I walk back home myself so, he won't worry for me." He said. "Besides, I'm sure you don't want me here anyway." 

 

When Jinki is about to leave, Jonghyun hardly pulled him by the arm. 

 

"Where do you thnk you're going?" Jonghyun ask.

 

Jinki frown. "Home?" 

 

"You're leaving after saying those words to me? After confessing that you love me? Are you out of your mind?!" Jonghyun yell. 

 

The others are now looking at them weirdly. Jinki tried to wriggle out of Jonghyun's hold because he is being conscious.

 

"J-jonghyun... What's wrong with you? The others are looking at us weirdly. Can you be quiet?" He said.

 

"Quiet?! You just confessed to me! Do you know how happy I am right now?! And yet, you're going to leave me?!" Jonghyun continue to yell.

 

Jinki's eyes widen and his mouth open slightly. Now, Jonghyun said what?

 

"Jinki, I thought you're really smart but I guess I'm wrong." Jonghyun said, now calm. "I love you okay. Whoever that person who dump you must be really stupid--"

 

"Actually, he isn't. I'm sure Minho is a doctor now--"

 

"Do I look like I care about what he is now?" Jonghyun said, rolling his eyes. 

"What I care about is that, you said you love me. And Jinki, I love you so much." Jonghyun let go of Jinki's arm and caress his face. "Like isn't the right word to describe what I feel for you. Its not enough. I love you Jinki." 

 

Jinki stare at Jonghyun right in the eyes. "Please open up for me..." 

 

Jinki don't know what to say. So, he smile. "I love you Jonghyun."

 

Jonghyun smile and pulled Jinki in for a kiss. "I love you too Jinki. So much." 

 

They smile to each other. And after a while of staring, an explosion made them look up the sky. They both smile seeing the sky bein decorated with beautiful colors. The colors which once mock his heart but now warms it with so much love. 

 

"Happy new year Jinki. Let's face this new year with each other side by side." Jonghyun said.

 

Jinki smile. "As long as I'm with you, I'll face everything with a smile and strength." 

 

--

 

After that scene, Key came back with nothing. 

 

"Where is our food?" Jonghyun ask, while not letting go of Jinki's hand. 

 

"I never bought anything." Key simply said. 

 

Jonghyun frown. "Why?" 

 

Key took hold of Jinki's other hand that is not being held by Jonghyun. "Because I left my wallet." He said. 

 

Jinki groan. Key smile. "Now, hyung. Don't be like that. Do you think I'll help you out with getting something in return? No. Now, pay for our foods." He said dragging Jinki away from Jonghyun.

 

"Yah! Give me back my Jinki!" Jonghyun whines.

 

Key smile. He is happy that Jonghyun managed to break Jinki's wall. And he made his bestfriend believe in love again.

 

The End.

 

--

 

A/n: 

Hey guys! My late new years fic! I know this is lame but this is the only thing that my rotten mind comes off with. 

Hope you guys like this. This is the only thing I can do because I failed to do a birthday fic for Dubu and Minho so, I really hope this is alright. 

Did everyone made their new years resolution yet? Well, I did. Its to be productive and gain some height. Anyhow, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! =D

 

-Sangtaegurl14268 (Liexha^^)