how they handle it

when your crush has a crush too
 
 
  1. how Jackson handles it;

(he acts cool and tries to obtain as much as possible of the truths)

“So, I heard you have crush on my buddy Mark?”

Unfortunately, Youngji only gives him a glare and a hard slap on the arm as a bonus. Also an unfriendly hiss through her gritted teeth, because obviously, they are still at the filming spot of Roommate.

“What are you saying?” Her cheeks turn into light pink nevertheless.

“It’s cool, okay?” Jackson carelessly waves his hand, grinning as his usual grin although he doesn’t quite like the way Youngji appears embarrassed of the mention of Mark (ugh, that perfect oppar!). “I will arrange a meeting for both of you to greet properly.”

“Yah, what are you saying?!”

“I know he is so cool, thousand ways cooler than me like your dreamy Taecyeon oppa,” (Youngji rolls her eyes while mumbling something like ‘not again’) “And he is so kind, and it’s normal if a girl like you has a crush on him. I’ll help you.”

If there’s no staffs and other co-stars, Youngji would gladly smack that Wang’s head and give him a punishment to make her so embarrassed like this (although it is a private conversation between just the two, her red face could attract some unwanted attention, like from Dongwook or Nana).

“Once again, what are you saying?” She puffs her cheeks and her eyes already tired from glaring non-stop to the boy who’s sitting next to her. “Beside, I don’t need your help.”

Jackson laughs, and Youngji knows that is a kind of laugh she doesn’t like to hear. “Oh yes, you do.” His smirk is an obvious sign of him mocking her.

“That’s my personal business and I never wish an intruder like you to meddle in.”

“Because Mark’s ideal type is way above you, Heo Youngji. Instead of being reckless and noisy, he fancies the lady-like and calm woman who will laugh melodiously without open that big like you—AWW!—did. Why do you always slap my arm?!”

(in the end he lost his coolness when shamelessly bringing her down after giving her high hope, and—unsurprisingly—remains oblivious at his mistake)

“What’s wrong with you? Seriously woman, I’m here just trying to help. You should at last be thankful to me because I can make you transform into his type, yah Youngji-ah! Where are you going?!”

(and Wang-dumb-Jackson being only-dumb-Jackson, he has no idea why that crush of his just walked away like that and leave him alone like some dumb man yelling to no one)

 

“Aish those two. Are you fighting again?” Lee Dongwook muses, shaking his head in disbelief.

 

 

  1. how Doojoon handles it;

(he doesn’t believe it, and will never do)

“That’s over, Gyuri-ah, o-v-e-r.” That is the words Doojoon repeatedly says to Gyuri lately—mostly because he wants to assure his own self.

Gyuri scoffs, and just ignoring him like that.

“Seriously, Gyul, him?”

(there’s no giving up at Doojoon’s perspective way of life)

“Seriously, Yoon, quit it, will you?!”

Gyuri already gives him a slightly rising tone as a warning, and Doojoon thinks it’s still safe (that’s the first level of warning; higher tone and there’s no damage she can do).

“You just met him during filming and it’s like, what, years ago?” He mocks and he can’t stop. “So obviously you and him won’t have another chance, not even a slightest bit.”

There’s something wrong when Yoon Doojoon talks a bunch and Park Gyuri doesn’t retort back.

“Yah, are you mad?” He feels uneasy and a bit guilty. “It’s okay, you can move on now.” (but he seriously doesn’t get what ‘giving up’ means)

Now Gyuri pretends his existence is like a dust that isn’t worth even to be blown away. That only means she really really really thinks Yoon Doojoon just should be buried under the café they are attending now, alive.

“Honestly, I don’t get it.” (honestly, you’re gonna in big trouble if doesn’t know how to shut up, leader) “I mean, why do you like Ji Changwook-ssi that much when knowing you two never met each other again. It’s such a waste, Gyul.  C’mon, can’t you see I’m way more handsome and gorgeous and—“

(there he is, dumfounded and frozen on his seat, with an orange punch wetting his head and face)

“Gosh Doojoon, you will shut up only when I crack your brain with my drink, will you?”

Doojoon only grimaces timidly; finally knows how to zip his mouth now.

 

“You get wet again, Doojoonie?” Yang Seungho grins, clearly enjoying such a comedy from those two.

 

 

  1. how Yeosob handles it;

(oh how sweet he is, already preparing his body and soul to let her go)

“How’s Japan?”

“Oh it’s fine oppa, as sweet as always.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, of course. It’s not like you never came here. Why with sudden anxiousness?”

(he has no idea how to bring it up; the topic of her current crush, ‘Son Geonil-ssi’)

Uhm, because it’s been long time since I visited Japan?” Yeosob isn’t sure, laughing awkwardly through his phone.

“You can spend your holiday here then, oppa. Geonil oppa and I found new great place just few days ago.”

Hm. Really?” Yeosob loves cheerful Jiyoung and will always be, but hearing her excited voice because another guy makes his heart uneasy.

“I swear oppa, the scenery is awesome and I bet you’ll like it!” Kang Jiyoung sounds hyper and full of excitement and—

“Really?”

—Yeosob really has no idea how to respond.

(he is just being jealous, of course)

For some seconds, the line seems dead. Jiyoung’s cheerful voice suddenly gone from Yeosob’s hearing.

“Hello? Jiyoungie?”

“Hm?”

“Are you tired?”

“Mhm.”

And there’s a long pause again which Yeosob fills with biting his lower lip while thinking what he should do (say) next. He wonders, why the girl he treasures so much suddenly sounds cynical.

(oh, you don’t get that, don’t you?)

“You should go to bed early then, Jiyoungie. I’ll hang up then.”

 

“Just like that?” Lee Kikwang furrowing his eyebrows, giving his best friend a disapprovement look.

 

# # #