Chapter 12

The Lies I Told You

Jimin awoke early in the morning and stared up at the ceiling. His memories projected on the blank surface like a movie. The sweet sensation of Yoongi’s lips came back to him so clearly that he could almost feel them once again. He could almost hear the giggling that came from the hall when Yoongi pulled away. The look on Yoongi’s face was engraved in his mind. His cheeks were red and his mouth was parted; that look quickly faded as he yelled at the two maknaes. Taehyung was still smiling when he noticed the death glare aimed in his direction. He grabbed Jungkook’s hand and pulled him down the hall and into their room; Jimin and Yoongi trailed behind them. Banging on the door, they cursed and yelled poorly thought out threats while reminding the boys how rude it was to eavesdrop and spy on people.

“I knew you had a big crush on Yoongi hyung!” Taehyung taunted through the door as they both pressed their full weight against it.

“You’re dead you brat! Get out here so I can kick your alien ,” Jimin shouted.

“Jimin, Yoongi hyung, if we come out, you have to promise not to hurt us. Okay?” Jungkook offered. Jimin was hesitant but Yoongi agreed and the two boys opened up the door. Jimin smirked and punched Taehyung in the arm.

“Ouch, ! You , what was that for? You guys promised not to hurt us,” Taehyung growled.

“I didn’t promise anything.”

“Okay, stop it,” Yoongi set his hands on Jimin’s shoulders.

When the other three returned home, Yoongi took the initiative and told them before one of the children – probably Taehyung – had a chance to open his big mouth. Seokjin and Namjoon didn’t seem too surprised but they congratulated them all the same. Hoseok was so happy that he took Jimin in his arms and, nearly squeezing the life out of him, told him how glad he was that his eldest dongsaeng and his youngest hyung were in love. Yoongi hated all of this embarrassing attention; Jimin knew that but all he could do was take Yoongi’s hand and try to comfort him. He didn’t show it but Yoongi appreciated that more than Jimin would ever know. It made him feel like no matter what, Jimin would always be there to hold his hand, even when he felt alone. Yoongi smiled at Jimin and he was sure he had never seen his hyung look so beautiful. It couldn’t have been real.

Jimin sighed and his side only to find Yoongi squished into his bed. Jimin was shocked at first; he must have crawled into his bed again some time last night. A thin arm wrapped around Jimin’s waist and pulled him close, causing him to blush. Yoongi kept his eyes shut and whispered, “good morning. Are you alright?”

“Oh, sorry, did I wake you? It’s nothing. I’m alright,” Jimin blushed and stared at Yoongi’s pretty pink lips. The blue grey light from outside was just enough to illuminate his face. As if he believed his memories were a lie, Jimin needed something more, “can I kiss you?”

“What?” Yoongi opened his tired eyes and squinted. Did he hear him correctly?

“Can I kiss you?” He repeated his request, making Yoongi smile brightly.

“You idiot,” he chuckled and leaned in. Their lips met for a brief moment but it was all that Jimin needed. He smiled and nuzzled into Yoongi’s neck.

“Can I ask you something?”  Jimin spoke seriously.

“What’s wrong?”

“Yesterday, at the hospital, what happened? I mean, maybe it’s just me but when you confessed, the timing was suspicious. I keep thinking about it. The timing was just so strange and I’m worried,” Jimin frowned and settled himself closer to Yoongi.

“No, Jiminnie,” Yoongi moved his hand up and down Jimin’s back, “don’t be worried. Nothing happened. They told me I’d be fine, I just have to be a bit more careful. It was pretty basic – reflexes, blood pressure – stuff like that. It’s just that when I saw you, you kept staring at me and you looked so worried. I hate being the reason you hurt, Jimin. Even before I left, I knew how I felt. When I saw you, I didn’t think I could keep those feelings bottled up anymore. I know the timing was bad, I know that but you don’t need to worry.”

“I’m so glad,” Jimin smiled. Yoongi could feel Jimin’s lips brush against his collarbone.

“You’re an idiot,” Yoongi chuckled.

“I know,” Jimin quickly placed a few kisses along Yoongi’s jaw line, “but I’m your idiot.”

“Go back to sleep,” Yoongi kissed the top of Jimin’s head.

Jimin felt at ease in Yoongi’s thin arms. This was the man he vowed to himself to protect with all he had but here he was being comforted by his words. It occurred to Jimin that he still wasn’t strong enough. He didn’t know how he’d get there but he knew he had to find a way. Yoongi was so precious to him. His feelings had been stacked on years of friendship. Even if he never fell in love with Yoongi, Jimin was sure that he’d still want to protect him. If Jimin could spare Yoongi any pain, he’d take every burden the elder bore.

Yoongi had grown to love Jimin; he was someone that Yoongi wanted to protect. It would never be easy for him to say he loves Jimin but he wanted to show it. He wanted to take care of Jimin, even if he barely knew how to take care of himself. All he wanted was to make him smile. Honestly, Yoongi would do anything if he would never have to be the source of Jimin’s pain ever again but that was nearly impossible – he knew that.

Their goals were at odds with one another. It was a poisonous combination that only time would be able to correct. No one had taught them how to live as one and as two at the same time.

Yoongi felt the boy relax against him. The light breathing against his skin was slow and steady. Dim sunlight filtered into the room but it didn’t matter. The air was as cool as night and exhaustion had spread over Yoongi’s body like an autumn mist. He allowed himself to settle in bed. His arm rested over Jimin’s waist comfortably as he whispered, “I’m so sorry Jimin.”

 

*A/N: Another short one I really tried to make it longer but I couldn't make do anything more.  Sorry ㅠㅠ I hope it isn't awkward and that it flows well. I don't know why this one was so difficult to write. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it. I also just realized this but it says so many more people have read this fanfic than it should be and I don't know why, seriously, the statistics show it's only in the 3000s. But that's okay. I just got a beautiful story cover, courtesy of creativekismet. And finally. . .

THANK YOU ALL! I just reached 100 subscribers for this story(well I did but someone just unsubscribed today ㅠㅠ), but I'm really happy, thank you guys so much!