My Brain is Refused to Forget

A LOST PIECE FROM THE PAST

I dreamt last night about something happened in my childhood past. I thought I already forget it but I don't know why it still clearly plastered in my mind like it just happened yesterday. It happened when I was nine or ten years old. Yes, around that age if I'm right. That time I was just an ordinary muggle kid. I blinded with magic world. 

 

Both my parents are muggles. They were ordinary muggles that lived in small muggle city. We were happy back then till that car accident occurred. I lost him at a very young age, seven years old. Since then, my mother raised me by herself. She worked as a waitress on a cafe. On that place, she met my step-father. They got married after one year dating.

 

He moved to our house. He was a good guy. He treated me very nicely like his own son. Everything was going well till the sixth month of their marriage. He change a lot. Smoking, kept yelling, got drunk, and barely came home. 

 

I didn't know what was going on. Whenever I asked my mother, she always said that's everything is okay. Told me to not worry too much. But I didn't believe her. She looked so sad with swollen eyes and few faintly bruises on her exposed skin. I wanted to help and made her smiling again like she used to do when my biological father still alive.

 

Then one night, my step-father came back home after left us for weeks. I was sleeping that time but I heard some noise from the first floor. With all my curiosity, I collected my courage and slowly walked out from my room. Those noise were from the first floor. They were shouting to each others. For the first time in my life, I saw him hit my mother. She cried in pain. He violently tortured my mother. I was so scared. I wanted to help her, punched him and kicked him out from our home. But I was a weak kid in front of his strong and big body.

 

My legs were getting weak. My body was shaking. I cried silently in frustration. I sat on the upper stair and hidden my tiny body. But she saw me. I made eye contact with her for few minutes. She cried and yelled in pain. I even couldn't want to look that horrible scene. 

 

My mother kept begging his mercy, pleaded him to stop but he didn't listen her. He kept abusing her. I couldn't stand any more. I ran down and shouted at him. Punched him with my tiny weak palms. He was laughing as pushed me down to the floor. He teased me about how weak I was as he kicked my stomach. I cried in pain. My mother hugged his leg and pleaded to not hurt me. But he kicked me harder than before, ignored her.

 

Suddenly we heard muggle police alarm around our house. Someone rang our door bell. He peeked through a window. I could see a lot of bright red light sinned outside with a lot of noise. He cursed as scratched his head. 

 

God saved us. That's what I thought when I saw police on our home garden. My mother mouthed me to run. I shook my head. I didn't want to leave her. I loved her. I wanted to protect her. She said that everything will be okay and persuaded me to run. Maybe police would help us. I gained all my power, beard those pains in my stomach, I slowly stood up and ran to the front door.

 

He turned around and looked at me. He yelled at me. He ordered me to stop or he would kill my mother. My mother shouted me to don't look back and run but I didn't listen her. I stopped running and looked back. My eyes widened in horror. He stood there with my mother. He held her and put a knife on her neck.

 

He asked me to be a good boy. If I listened to him, he would keep my mother alive. Being an innocent and naive kid, I trusted his words. I wanted to save my mother. I didn't want to lose her. I would do anything to make her safe.

 

He grinned widely and told me what to do next. He asked me to open the door and acted like nothing happened. If the police asked about him, I should say that I don't know.

 

I nodded and walked to the front door. My hand was shaking when I opened it. My heart was beating so fast when I looked at a tall policeman in front of me. He smiled friendly as kneel down in front of me. He asked where is my step-father. He told me that my step-father doing something bad outside. He was here to catch him and put him into the jail. I told him that I don't know about my step- father. I lied to the policeman that my step-father wasn't here. But the policeman didn't trust me. He said he could put me into a jail too if I helped my step-father to run. I was afraid. I looked down and closed my eyes. I didn't know what should I do. I wanted to tell him that he was here. But if I did it, my mother would getting killed. If only... if only I had a super power like those super heroes characters on comics I used to read.

 

The policeman asked me again but I still closed my eyes. I knew my step-father watched me behind the window. I screamed that I don't know. Then a weird thing happened. I heard my step-father screamed inside the house. The policeman suddenly got up and ran into the house with a pistol in his hand. I ran behind him. I was in shock behind him. I saw my mother sat on the floor, crying while panting hard as she looked up into the ceiling. I looked at the ceiling and my eyes widened. I didn't believe what I saw with my own eyes, so did my mother and the policeman. 

 

My step- father screamed for a help. He looked like a ballon that trapped on the ceiling. He kept getting big till his clothes ripped like he got pumped with gases from his feet. Suddenly few strangers appeared in my kitchen from thin air. My mother screamed and quickly pulled me into her hug. They pointed their wand into the policeman and my step- father. Both of them were unconscious and lay on the floor. One of them made my step-father's body back to normal. One of them, a pretty lady, kneeled down in front of us and gave me an envelope that sealed with red candle. My name and address were written in green emerald ink there. 

 

"Mrs. Kim, don't be afraid. Everything will be alright. You're safe now." She smiled.

 

"Thank you but who are you?" asked my mother.

 

"I'm a teacher of Hogwarts School. You have a talented son here." She looked at me.

 

"Hogwarts?" I asked her.

 

"Yes. Your future school."

 

"But I never heard about that school." 

 

"Because it's a special school for wizards and witches. You're a wizard, Taeyang Kim. You have a talent to be a wizard. A muggle born wizard. Will you come with me to there?"

 

That's how I knew about magic world and since that time, I became a wizard.