Chapter 1

Complications Are Conflicting

 

Woomin and I have always had a complicated relationship. Well, ever since the incident with Yoongi, our relationship hasn't been perfect. Yoongi was the new transfer student, and of course, I swooned over him. However, so had Woomin. She had claimed Yoongi as hers, and I had no will to fight with her. I had fallen pretty hard for him, but I kept that a secret from her. Her possessiveness was always a flaw. I grew up with her, and it was always a little hard to let her go. That is why I never did. A few months after they started dating, they broke up. I never knew the reason why. She had gotten a new boyfriend. They seemed stable, and since I was still labeled as her "best friend", it was substantial for me to meet her oh so lovely boyfriend and his friends. Although I didn't want to, I had agreed to meet them. Since it was of no interest to me at all, I had dressed rather boringly but appropriately. It was simple but comfortable. She had texted me the address, and I ended up at a dorm. Hoping that it was the right place, I knocked on the door. A red-haired boy had opened the door. 

 
"Uh.. Are you Bobby?", I asked. 
 
"No, but Bobby's here."
 
Suddenly, a dark-haired boy appeared in the doorway. He smiled, showing his rabbit teeth.
 
"You must be Minji. Hi, i'm Bobby. Come inside. Woomin's in the restroom."
 
I did what he said. He gestured for me to sit on the couch. A few minutes of awkwardness passed by before Woomin appeared from the hallway. Her usual bright smile appeared as soon as she saw me. 
 
"Minnie! You're here! I hope it wasn't troublesome finding this place. It's totally secluded. But Bobby, Minji. Minji, Bobby.", she said. 
 
I managed to fake a small smile, and he smiled back. 
 
"So who are all these people?", I questioned. 
 
"The red-haired one that's not paying any attention whatsoever is Hanbin. The two that are staring at you are Junhoe and Yunhyung. The one that is hiding in the corner is Chanwoo, and the one on his phone is Donghyuk.", Bobby stated. He seemed rather embarrassed. 
 
"So Minnie, Bobby and I will be out getting some groceries. You'll be okay staying here, right?"
 
"But I-"
 
"Let's go, Bobby.", she dragged Bobby to the door. 
 
Before she could open the door, however, it had opened by itself. Another guy had appeared. He had black hair. As he walked in, he stared at me. 
 
"Who are you?", he asked. 
 
"I'm Minji."
 
He stared at Woomin who was now acting differently. He looked back at me and smiled. Grabbing my wrist, he pulled me towards him. I collided into his chest. He had made this way too uncomfortable too quickly. 
 
"Is she your friend?"
 
"Yes, she is. Are you going somewhere?"
 
There was a hint of worry in her voice. 
 
"Your friend's cute. I'm taking her out on a date."
 
I broke away from his grip. "Woah. I don't even know you. You didn't even ask me. Woomin, I'm leaving now."
 
I opened the door and stepped outside. I had started walking away, but someone shouted my name. 
 
"Minji!"
 
I turned back to see an out-of-breath Jinhwan. 
 
"I'll ask you now! Do you want to go out with me?"
 
Before I had the time to even answer this bizarre man, he ran towards me. He stopped an inch in front of me, but he had lost his balance, falling forward. He brought me down with him. My head hit the carpeted but hard floor, and I groaned in pain. On top of all that, his rather heavy body was on top of mine. He pushed his upper body up and laughed. 
 
"I know you must already like me. I mean, look at the position we're in."
 
"I am not going out with you."
 
"What would it take to get you to go out on a date with me?"
 
He smiled, and I felt my stomach flip. Oh no. I already knew it wasn't going to take much. 
 
"Help me get up first."
 
He got off of me and grabbed my hand. He yanked me forward as he grabbed my other hand. I struggled and tried to pry my hands away, but he was too strong. He bent down to look at me. I turned my head. 
 
"Look at me."
 
I slowly turned to look at him. His eyes formed a crescent moon. 
 
"Don't you remember me, Song Minji?"