It was a Christmas Eve...

BLACK ANGEL

 

I'm a muggle-born wizard with a special ability. I can see the unseen ones. It's not a gift that I received since I was born or inherited from my parents and ancestors. I got it after car accident that made me lost my parents and in coma for months. I was seven years old when that accident occurred. Since that time, my life has changed.

 

I have none in this world so they put me on an orphanage. But it was only for one - two weeks before they removed me to a mental hospital. They said I'm crazy but they didn't know how scared I was when the night came. They, the unseen, kept coming every night and made me screaming and crying like an insane. I saw nightmare every night right in front of my eyes. 

 

At first, they didn't know that I can see them. They just passed by me and completely ignored me. But every time they appeared in front of my eyes, I suddenly screaming and closed my eyes tightly. I was afraid. They said there's nothing there. They said I'm a bad boy, a liar. I wasn't lie. I told them the truth and described how scary they looks but none believed me. 

 

Only less than one week, the unseen realised that I can see them. They kept coming to my room every night. Teasing and making me scared till yelling like a mad. They made me as their own clown. They were really happy whenever saw me in my miserable state. I kept screaming and crying, punched the thin air to make them can't touch me. I did that every night till I was exhausted and fallen asleep till the morning.

 

But not all of them bad. I made a friend with a kind ghost there. Her name is Elizabeth. She was a cute ghost in her light blue dress. She might looks younger than me but she was hundreds years from me. Her soul was trapped to this orphanage since Victorian Era because her aunt cursed her. She was the weakest among all of them but her scream was strong enough to make them left me alone. She was the only friend I had there. I didn't have any human friends because they said I'm weird and crazy boy. I'm a liar. They seenzoned me and I seenzoned them. I had Elizabeth and it was enough for me. She was my guardian angel during my sleep. She kept all nightmares away from me.

 

Then that day had come. They told me that they would bring me to the new place. I cried the whole night. I didn't want to be separated with her. I asked her to go with me but she couldn't leave this place. She told me to leave and I half-heartedly did it.

 

They put me on a mental hospital. I wasn't crazy. I was perfectly sane and normal. All those tests I did told them that there was nothing wrong with my mental. I just scared of the darkness and the unseen ones. I wanted them to release me soon but they kept me there to observation for months.

 

I didn't socialise enough with the other patients. Even I lived with a bunch of insane people, I must kept all my sanity. I choosed to stay away from then and kept doing something with my own way. The nurses treated me well. It was better than what I got when I was in orphanage. They didn't seenzone me. They didn't ignore me completely. They saw me as I was real and visible. They took care of me. I liked talking with them. They never forbid me to keep my room bright every night. 

 

I discovered something new. Every building has a bunch of the unseen. If I thought the unseen at orphanage were the scariest ones then I was completely wrong. They were scarier here. They hated the light. That's why they never approached me but I often saw them moved from here to there outside of my room. 

 

It was the Christmas Eve when a nurse woke me up and asked me to go to outside and gathered with the others. When I opened my eyes, I saw my room was dark and it was getting hot inside. She dragged me outside and then left me there alone. She rushed to the next room to wake up another patient.

 

It was the first time of my life I saw a huge fire so close like this. Then I saw them, the unseen. They laughing and dancing around the hot flames, like they set up a huge summer campfire there. I screamed and ran away. I was scared and so lost. I kept running away from them till I was exhausted and collapsed onto the soft and cold snow. 

 

I was half conscious when I felt something warm raised my body from the snow. I tried to open my eyes widely but they refused it. They seemed so heavy to open. I only could half open them. My sight was blurry in my dizziness. Fever caught me in the perfect time. Even it was blurry, I still could see those two young ladies. One in white and one in black. They had a pair of huge wings which had the same color with their outfit. The black one carried me lovingly in her hug.

 

"What are you doing here? We are really busy tonight." said the white one.

 

"Can't you see? I take care this poor kid. Look at him. Having fever and fainted in the middle of cold weather. He's a poor thing." said the black one as she covered me with her black thick cloak.

 

"You can't take care of him. His name isn't in the list!"

 

List? What list? What they're talking about?

 

"I know, Angel, but I can't leave him alone like this. My cloak will keep him warm till someone comes and finds him."

 

"Are you mad? You can't do that!"

 

"I can, Angel. As long as I don't do something that can change his destiny."

 

"But still. You can't leave your stuffs here."

 

"It's not a big deal. I still have a lot of black cloaks."

 

"But..." 

 

"No more buts, Angel. Look at him. If he survives till tomorrow then he will be the good guy in the future."

 

"How do you-? Did you read that book again? I already told you many times. You can't read it. That book is written for Angels only."

 

"Well, that's not my fault. You left it open on your desk and I read it."

 

"You!"

 

"Shttt! Someone is coming. It's time to work."

 

"I already told you minutes ago!" The white angel rolled her eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry, my Angel." The black angel gently pecked my forehead and put me down to the ground again. "Be a good boy and don't let me take you in the future, poor boy", whispered her to my ear.

 

Suddenly both of them disappeared and I fallen into the deep slumber.

 

In the next morning, I woke up on the strange room I never saw before. I sit up and looked around. That room was so warm and comfy. Suddenly I heard a light knock on the door. It was opened and a mid-aged lady came in and approached me. She smiled friendly to me.

 

She greeted me and asked few questions about my background. I answered her honestly. I even told her about my special ability. She just smiled and told me that she also had that gift. She was a seer and worked as divination professor at magic school named Hogwarts.

 

"Maybe it's too early to tell this to you but I'm too excited with this. You're a wizard, Dear."

 

"I'm what?"

 

"A wizard. I saw your coming years ago when I got the clear vision. God also shown me about the future of yours. He lead me to find you in the middle of snowy forest last night too."

 

I was confused with all of those news but she told me to take my time. Since she lived alone because her husband was passed away years ago and she didn't have any child, she adopted me. She raised me as her own child and taught me about magic world she lived in. I was really thankful I had a new mother like her. I really love her.

 

Three Christmases passed and I already could control my special ability. I wasn't scared anymore whenever the unseen suddenly appeared in front of me. I even could sleep in the dark room. I wasn't afraid with the darkness anymore. 

 

On this Christmas Eve, my mother brought me to the muggle town nearby. She didn't want I have a lack knowledge about muggle world because I was born there. She also tried to track my parents's graves and found it easily. 

 

As like every Christmas Eve, we also visited my parents' graves after we visited her husband's. As usual, she conjured white lilies bouquet on my hands and I put it on their tombs. We prayed for them and then a black glimpse caught the corner of my eyes. It was her.

 

From the first time of my life, after that scary night happened, I could see her again. My guardian angel. The same angel that gave me a black cloak in the middle of snowy forest. I was about to call her and said thank you to her but she suddenly vanished in the thin air, like my mother just casted evanesco to her. I really wished I could meet her again one day.

 

I was eleven years old when I received my Hogwarts letter. I was really happy. Finally I could see the magic school where my mother working at. I would meet new friends with awesome magic skills. I couldn't wait the first September came.

 

My days on Hogwarts were really good. I was so happy and cheerful. I made my mother proud of me because I was good enough with my grades. I had a lot of friends too.

 

It was my first Christmas in Hogwarts and my friends invited me to join them to visit muggle town. I asked my mother for her permission and she let me go. I was really happy.

 

My friends were curious about what muggles did at Christmas. I brought them to the muggle town I used to live with my real parents. They wanted to visit their graves and I brought them to there. That time I saw her again. My guardian angel. I didn't want to lose the change to greet and say thank to her. 

 

"Miss!" I ran and approached her. "Miss! Do you remember me?"

 

She ignored me first but I called her again. In a shock expression she looked at me.

 

"You can see me? But how?"

 

"I want to say thank you to you, Miss. Because of you I'm alive now." I smiled. "Oh, I still have your black cloak at home. I want to return it to you. Where do you live, Miss? I will send it back to you."

 

She said nothing and just smiled at me. She suddenly kneeled down and hugged me. I hugged her back in reflect. I touched her black wings. They were soft and felt so real like the bird's wings.

 

"Just keep it, Dear. I don't need it anymore. I'm happy I can see you again. Be a good guy, okay?" She smiled at me.

 

I nodded and smiled. "I promised I will, Miss. Thank you for safe me from the cold that night, Miss. You're really an angel, the guardian angel, my guardian angel."

 

 

She startled a bit and then smiled. "I'm not an angel,  Dear. If only you know."

 

"Huh?" I blinked in confusion.

 

"One day you will know, Dear. But not now. Maybe years later. I will come to take back my cloak."

 

"Why not now, Miss? Are you in hurry?"

 

"Yes, Dear. I'm in hurry now. Merry Christmas and please take care my cloak, okay?"

 

"Okay, Miss. I promise."

 

"Good, Boy." She patted my head lightly before vanished again in the blink of eyes. 

 

My friends approached me and asked me why I talked alone. I realised that they couldn't see her. I just smiled and kept this secret in my mind.

 

"I talked with my guardian angel."

 

Years passed and it was my fifth years in Hogwarts. Since that night I never met her again around the graveyard. I was tall enough to wear her black cloak so I wore it whenever I visited muggle town and my parents' graves. I hoped I would meet her again even just once.

 

That was Christmas Eve when I walked down to the muggle town with my friends to buy Christmas gifts. We walked into a shop and amused with their awesome decorations. I looked around to find the perfect Christmas gift when someone called me.

 

"Which one is better I put on the top of Christmas tree? White angel or golden star?" asked Sohyun.

 

"Golden star is better, right?" asked Yixing.

 

"But white angel is cuter", insisted Sohyun.

 

"That's so childish! Golden start is better, right?" asked Yixing to me.

 

"White angel is better, right?" asked Sohyun.

 

"Hmm..." I looked at both and thinking for a while. "Ah!" I took a decoration nearby, a white angel that hold golden star. "How about this?"

 

"That's good too." Yixing nodded in agreement.

 

"It's so cute", said Sohyun while took it from me. "I will buy it then." She smiled happily and skipped to the cashier.

 

"It's weird."

 

"Weird? Why?" asked Yixing.

 

"Why all angels always pictured have a pair of white wings?" I asked bluntly while examines white angel miniature in my hand.

 

Yixing laughed at me. "Are you stupid or not? Of course all angels have white wings. If they have black wings then they are the demons."

 

"Demon?" I looked down to my black cloak and chuckles. "I don't think so."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Cause when I was child, I met an angel. She saved me from the death and she has black wings. She even didn't look like a demon at all."

 

"Now that's weird. Are you really sure she's really an angel? Not a girl with costume?" He laughed and stopped when Sohyun came to us. We headed back to castle.

 

She is a demon? No. I don't think she is a demon. For me she still an angel that saved me and took care of me that night. She's very nice. She has a beautiful smiles. She's an angel, my guardian angel, even though she has black wings. If I can't meet her in this Christmas, I believe that one day we will meet again in Christmas Eve.