Final.

Antique
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So I deviated from the movie and manga (a lot) But I hope you like it nonetheless! 

Warnings: SOME NON-EXPLICIT ual content (if anyone thinks I should rate it mature, please let me know), lots of swearing, un-beta'd so feel free to point out any mistakes, everything written in italics is a flashback.

“You want to do what?”

Park Yoonhee stared at her son in shock. She turned to her husband who looked equally perturbed.

“But honey, you hate cake. Why would you want to open a bakery?”

“All the customers will be cute,” Yoochun grinned.

Familiar with this kind of response, the Parks laughed with their sons before discussing details. Yoochun had already discovered a quaint little place that would be perfect for the bakery and had begun the renovation.

“As a former food critic I insist on finding you the best pâtissière in the business. I’ll have them come meet you in two days,” Yoonhee assured.

Yoochun smiled again and sipped his tea.

 

Going over the resumes his mother had sent over, Yoochun sighed and ran a hand over his face. They were, as she had promised, the best in the industry. That’s why it was so difficult to choose. The opening of the front door startled him and he looked up to find a man with pink hair.

“Hi,” said the man in a voice as bright as his hair. “I’m Kim Junsu. I was told there’s a job opening for a pâtissière?”

Stunned at the sheer happiness the man exuded, Yoochun took a full minute before answering him.

“Uh, hello. I’m the owner, Park Yoochun. Please, sit down.”

Junsu handed over his resume and patiently waited for the other man to start asking him questions.

“You’re credentials are really impressive Junsu-ssi. Five-star restaurants, top pastry shops and let’s not even mention Paris. The only thing that bothers me is that you’ve quit every job within a year of joining. Why is that?”

Yoochun observed closely as the man blushed and fidgeted at his question.

“Well to put it bluntly, there was always one person that harassed me at my job. I’ve heard that I have a fantastic and it’s true, but it doesn’t mean that I want to get d every minute. Quitting was easier than suing them.”

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that over here,” said Yoochun. “I screen people thoroughly before hiring them.”

“Does that mean I’m hired then?” smiled Junsu.

“Your shift starts in two days, 12 p.m- 2 a.m. Don’t be late, Junsu-ssi.”

“Thank you so much Yoochun-ssi. You know what? We should celebrate! I’ll pick you up here tonight at 9!”

Yoochun nodded dumbly and watched Junsu bounce out of the shop. He sure was right about one thing; he had a fantastic .

 

Junsu took him to a gay club and abandoned him at the bar to dance. At first he tried to drag Yoochun along, but having met strong resistance he gave up. He watched his soon-to-be pâtissière dominate the dance floor. Yoochun wasn’t sure about the man’s baking skills but damn could he dance.

“He’s the most popular one here,” chimed in the bartender, following Yoochun’s gaze. “But it’s a pity he doesn’t like long-term relationships. He had his heart broken in high school and he’s stayed away from them since.”

“The bastard threw cake at my face when I confessed and called me a disgusting homoual. Such a pity, I really liked him,” said Junsu, popping out of nowhere.

Biting back a curse, Yoochun took a close look at the man. That small face, those uniquely shaped eyes, change the hair color and add on a pair of huge glasses and you would get the class nerd, Kim Junsu.

 

“Eunyoung-ah, I got a cake for-”

“Let’s break up.”

She didn’t even wait to hear his reply before walking away. Yoochun felt his heart break with every step she took. Staring at the school grounds from the rooftop, he contemplated jumping for one second before brushing it off. He heard footsteps again and slightly perked up.

“Yoochun-ah, I have something to say.”

It was that nerd, Kim Junsu. Turning to face the boy, he sneered.

“What is it? You like me, isn’t that right?”

“H-how d-did y-you...”

“It’s written all over your face. Tell me, do you thinking about me? No, wait. Don’t answer that question, you disgusting homoual.”

With that, Yoochun slammed the cake into Junsu’s face and left him on the rooftop, crying his eyes out.

 

“Junsu,” he began carefully. “Do you not remember me?”

“Should I?”

 “One would think you would recognize the person who threw cake at you.”

Eyes widening in surprise, Junsu spilt his drink. Leaning in for a closer look, he reached out and tugged Yoochun’s hair.

“You grew it out; it suits you.”

“That’s all you’re going to say!? I practically stomped on your feelings and insulted you and now you’re going to work for me without a single complaint?”

“What can I say, Yoochunnie? I’m a masochist,” Junsu winked.

They named the shop Antique and opened it three days later to a flurry of customers. Junsu’s credentials stood true and Yoochun couldn’t be happier. Croissants, Éclairs, Opera cake, Macarons, Mille-fueille, Religiuese, Gâteau St. Honoré, Tarte tatin. Junsu could make them all and Yoochun could barely pronounce the name of one.

Before opening night, they pulled an all-nighter to familiarize Yoochun with the pastries, obviously it did not work. They ended up chatting about their pasts and drinking late into the night.

“Why’d you become a pastry chef?”

“I followed a boyfriend to Paris,” shrugged Junsu. “We broke up but I fell in love with baking over there. But now, I do it for the money. What about you, Mr. Businessman?”

“I got bored of working for my dad. I had enough money to do something reckless, so here I am.”

When business boomed and they couldn’t handle it alone, they hired an 18-year old named Changmin. Yoochun was sure that with his height and good looks he would bring in more young customers. Oh, how wrong he was.

“Why do you need another slice of cake? Aren’t you fat enough?”

“Oppa, you’re so mean! I hate you; I’m never coming back here again!”

Changmin snickered as the girl fled the shop then winced as someone slapped him upside the head.

“Yah! What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you chasing away my customers? And don’t you dare pout at me, Shim Changmin. I’m going to ask Junsu to stop feeding you.”

“Hyung!”

“Don’t hyung me, you brat,” growled Yoochun. “You better be nice to the girls, even flirt if you have to. If another one leaves in tears, it’s coming out of your paycheck and cake quota.”

Leaving his conflicted dongsaeng to mend his ways, he made his way to the kitchen to complain to Junsu.

“Su, that food monster is costing me paying customers. Control it.”

Junsu just hummed and finished plating his strawberry tart. He placed the plate in front of Yoochun and motioned for him to try it.

“So how is it?”

“Sweet,” mumbled Yoochun and spit it out in the dustbin.

“Oh, get out,” Junsu huffed. “You’re tainting my kitchen with your lack of knowledge.”

“Don’t you just love cake, Park?” the bully sneered.

The other two held Yoochun down as the bully stuffed more and more cake into his mouth. No amount of thrashing or attempting to scream made them let up. After forty-five minutes of cake-stuffing torture, they let him go. He was ten.

“Pistache-Fraise.”

“Yes sir. Coming right up.”

Yoochun cursed as he dug around for the right pastry. The cake ert strikes again. Every day the man would come to the shop and unfailingly pick out the new pastry of the day. He would have been a fat pig if he didn’t look so damn hot.

Pasting on a fake smile, he went to serve his customer.

“Is there anything else I can get you, sir?”

“Yes, could you please tell Junsu his elder brother is here to see him?”

“Wait, what? I mean, of course sir, right away.”

Yoochun stormed into the kitchen and confronted Junsu.

“Your brother is the cake ert.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter