Prolouge

Armed Cognoscente Institute

Song Minho POV

“Demons, angels, witches, monsters, wizards, and more walk amongst this world and only certain amount of students can go out and defeat them,” Our neuroscientist, Tablo started. “But, even some can’t destroy them. So, that is why we take these physical tests; to see if you are capable of risking your life for the sake of this world. But before we take this test, you must find your partner.”

“And how must we do that? Just go up to a random person and ask to be partners like normal people?” One of the students asked. Tablo laughed.

“No, you do not. You have to see how your souls resonate. And while doing so, keep in mind that you’re not normal people. You’re either an Armor or a Cognoscente. Don’t let your title as ‘amateurs’ fool you. You’re heroes. Don’t forget that.” He answered. After he finished, the bell rang. “You’re homework tonight is to try and find a partner. And also, it must be one Armor and one Cognoscente. I don’t want to see two of the same in any pair. Have a nice day everyone.”

“Yo! Minho! Wait up!” One of my friends, Seunghoon said. I turned around to see him running up to me. “What’s up!! How’s the first day going?”

“Fine. Yours?” I asked. He shrugged.

“It’s okay,” He answered. “But, there’s this girl named Sandara and she’s wickedly hot! And she’s an Armor!”

“Cool…” I said. “Are you two gonna be partners?”

“I don’t know… It depends.”

“On what?”

“If we resonate… Did you even pay attention to Tablo, bro?” He questioned.

“Yeah, but I don’t see they big deal about soul resonation. Do you?” I answered. He shook his head.

“But, if Tablo says it, it must be important.” He assured.

“How about we try it then? You’re a Cognoscente and I’m an Armor. Let’s resonate tonight.” I suggested. He nodded.

“Sounds like a plan. But if we can’t and we die, it’s on you.” He agreed.

“Whatever… And I know the exact opponent, too.”

------------

Goo Hara POV

‘Soul resonation, huh? I wonder what that means.’ I thought.

“It means that you can control your Armor.” I heard a voice. I looked up to see a girl standing in front of my desk. “That’s what Tablo means when he said soul resonation. It means that you’re a very skilled Armed Cognoscente.”

“But, I don’t get it exactly.” I explained. She nodded.

“I don’t really either. I guess you have to fight in order to find out.” She said. “I’m Park Sandara. You can call me Dara. I’m an Armor.”

“Really? I’m a Cognoscente. My name is Goo Hara. You can call me Hara.” I introduced. I stood up and bowed to her.

“Um, really! There’s no need for that!” She assured. I just smiled at her. “But, you’re really a Cognoscente?” I nodded. “Then maybe we should try resonating. You never know if you don’t try.”

“Yeah, we should. But since we are very inexperienced, we should just practice.” I suggested. She nodded and smiled.

“You’re right! Let’s do it tonight!” She squealed.

“Okay! At my house then?” I offered.

“Yes!! Oh my gosh!! We can have a sleepover!! I can’t wait!!” She said. I smiled and started jumping up and down.

“I can’t wait either!!” I yelled.

“Girls! Are you gonna stay here? You guys have lunch right now.” Tablo stated. We both started laughing.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go, Dara.”  

------------

Song Minho POV

~9 o’clock sharp~

“What should we do Minho?! I can’t even pick you up!” Seunghoon yelled. I sighed.

“Were you always this much of a weakling?” I asked sarcastically. “Just calm down and be quiet. Maybe you’ll start to get used to it.”

“I don’t thing I will. You’re so heavy I…-”

“Yah!! Hara!! Calm down!!” We both heard a scream.

“Me?! You’re the one out of control!!” Seunghoon looked at my blade.

“You heard that right, Minho?” He asked.

“Yeah…-”

“Ahh!! Sandara!!!” Seunghoon let go of me and started running to the direction the yelling was coming from. I got back into my regular form and ran after him.

After a while, we finally found out where the sound was coming from. It was a girl trapped in chains sitting on the floor. Seunghoon ran up to her and tried to get her out.

“What the hell happened to you?” He asked.

“W-we were t-trying to match our s-soul wavelengths… It wasn’t w-working…” She stuttered. He just sighed. Her cheeks had a light shade of pink, but I’m sure he didn’t notice. It’s Seunhoon after all.

“So Tablo was right. We can’t just pick and choose our partners.” He admitted.

“It just takes practice. I’m pretty sure that she can unravel herself from those chains. That’s an Armors’. Let’s go.” I said. He nodded and walked next to me.

“Let’s just go home. We’ll try it tomorrow.” He persuaded. I nodded.

“Okay.” We then headed home.

------------

Goo Hara POV

I sighed. ‘What the heck is wrong with me? Yeah, he was cute, but that’s so unlike me. I’ve never blushed since the day my horrible father came to pick me up with five other women in the car.’ I thought. I was really beaten up over the other guy in the back. He was tall, good looking, and his soul was an Armors’. I wonder if our wavelengths would match.

“You like him, don’t you? Minho?” I heard Dara.

“H-huh?” I asked. She then unraveled me and turned back into human form.

“You like Song Minho. The guy who came after Seunghoon… You like him, don’t you?”

“W-what? N-no! I’m just c-curious.”

“Really…?”

“Y-yeah… Just curious…”

“Okay… How about we just go home?  We obviously can’t match wavelengths, but we can still be friends, right?” She asked. I nodded.

“Yeah… We can. Let’s go.” I said. She then helped me from the floor and we started walking to my house.

-------------

Song Minho POV

~Three weeks later~

I was walking to school alone, but I swear that I felt someone watching me. ‘I still can’t find a partner… I hope I find one by the end of this week. Seunghoon’s already got one. What was her name again? Oh, yeah. Park Sandara.’ I thought.

“Minho-ah… I love you!” I heard a girl’s voice. I turned around to find nothing but a dust ball.

“I must be hearing things.” I said to myself.

“Minho… I love you!” I turned around again. “Song Minho… I love you!”

“Who’s there?! Come out now!” I yelled. I then seen a small foot come out from behind a brick wall. It was a girl wearing ACI’s school uniform and she had golden brown hair. Her hair was pinned too the back and her face was clear of makeup. “Who are you?”

“M-my name is Goo H-hara. I’m a freshmen in class 314.” She introduced. ‘She’s in my class. But, how come I don’t recognize her? I mean, she kind of looks familiar…’ She smiled. “You probably don’t remember me… I was that girl rapped around in Park Sandara’s chains. You were with Lee Seunghoon that night.” I nodded.

“I remember.” No, I don’t. I just said that to make the girl happy.

“Oh, you do?! How wonderful!” She cheered. “Ever since then, I thought of you. You seemed really mysterious and I wanted to get to know you. Though, instead of going up to you and talking, I just followed you. That only brought me to nothing. I wanted to tell you that throughout the three weeks I’ve followed you, I’ve grown to love you. So, I did. Just now.”

“So, now that you’ve told me, can I leave?”

“Huh?”

“You said you needed to tell me that. Now that you’ve told me, I should leave.”

“N-no… That’s not all I was going to say.”

“Then what else? I really have to get to school.”

“I-I was gonna ask you if, um,” She started. “If we can be partners.”

“What?” I questioned.

“You see, I’m a Cognoscente and I heard that you’re an Armor. I was thinking that maybe we can be partners… What’d you say?”

“No.”

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

A/n: First chapter… Hope you all enjoyed it. And for those of you who are reading this and asked for a ship on my other story… I am so, very sorry that I haven’t done it yet. I was really focused on this story this past week. But, yeah… Thank you all for reading and subscribing. Saranghaeyo!!!<3