I Like Him Very Much

Behind Enemy Lines

Kim So Eun does not respond well to threats.

 

That jerk should have added that to his long list of delusions about me. Would have saved him a whole lot of trouble too. I mean, did he really think that after threatening me to drop from the show, I would just meekly do what he wants?

 

You couldn't have been more wrong there, buddy.

 

I replay his words from two weeks ago, remembering them with so much clarity that it sends my fists clenching in suppressed anger.

 

After the staff announced a wrap, I approached him cheerfully, all the while wondering how in heaven's name did we achieve zero awkwardness between us. Considering that two strangers were thrown together to become a married couple, that feat is nothing short of a miracle. I knew that a huge part of it was because of him. I told him exactly that.

 

"You're giving me too much credit. I think most of it was because of you," he replied.

 

I thought that was a good sign. I thought, maybe this variety show wasn't a bad idea after all. Because this man is someone I might actually get along with. For real. Even without the cameras.

 

How wrong I was at that time.

 

"You want to know why I think that?" He leaned closer as if sharing a secret.

 

I nodded eagerly. He was smiling at me so beautifully, I couldn't find the strength to look away even if I wanted to.

 

His smile widened. And right there and then, I should have noticed the sudden chill that entered his eyes. He took another step closer and said, "Because you're one of those pretty faces who would do just about anything—even push people down carelessly—to get what you want."

 

And I was like...woah.

 

Where the hell did that come from?

 

Before I had time to recover, he closed in by saying more nasty descriptions of a woman who was supposed to be me. And trust me when I say they were very nasty. The guy was just so full of ideas about me! He said he didn't recognize me on that bridge? My . He recognized me, alright. He recognized me and came up with a long list of nonsense to accuse me with.

 

Looking back, I regretted being silent the whole duration of his tirade. I should have punched him right on his lying face. But I couldn't, mostly because it would hurt my hand like hell, and partly because I was still dumbfounded to the point of muteness. I mean, being accused of ugly things you didn't do by someone who was practically a stranger just hours ago was not something that happens to a person on a regular basis. Not to me, at least.

 

But what really sent me to the edge was his threat. "Drop the show," he said ominously. Under normal circumstances, like maybe if what all he had just ranted about me were true, I would be very scared. If people were wondering why all the roles he had in the past were of those dark, mysterious and intense characters, it was because of his stare. That stare that could effortlessly put the fear of God to anyone. And it would have worked on me too. If only I wasn't getting angry by the fact that he just threatened me.

 

.

 

Who is he to threaten me to do what he wants?

 

And why the hell did he want me to do that? It's not like he could do the show alone. It's a marriage show, not a bachelor one. Idiot.

 

But whatever his reasons are, I couldn't care anymore. Especially after everything went south between us. Because right now, all I care about is doing the exact opposite of what he wants. And that is to stay on the show. And annoy the life out of him while I'm at it.

 

I pat my lips with a final layer of red tint and smile at the mirror, feeling satisfied with the reflection looking back at me.

 

Song Jae Rim. I will show you exactly what happens when you mess with a woman who just have had enough bull from men like you.

 

"Are you sure you want to wear that today?" Jun, my stylist, enters the room and asks immediately. Today is the second filming of the show.

 

"Yeah. Why not?" I look down at my lovely mini dress.

 

"Right now, I can think of ten reasons why not. And they all involve a certain Song Jae Rim lying—probably still insanely handsome—on a hospital bed."

 

"And?" I ask, injecting a level of boredom in my voice.

 

"And?" Jun repeats incredulously. "And he is going to devour you as soon as you walk into his room!"

 

I turn my back to hide the smirk that spreads on my face. "Devour? Stop exaggerating things."

 

"Oh, no. Believe me, I'm not. Please tell me you noticed how he looked at you last time?"

 

I noticed. He looked at me like I was the only woman he could see. Even I was almost convinced. Almost.

 

"He looked at you like he wanted to eat you up," Jun forges ahead. "And you know what? That should be creepy. That should be scary. But your man is so freaking y, I can't help but swoon instead!"

 

I laugh. "Jun, really. What's it gonna be? Are you worried for me or excited for me?"

 

"I'm—wait a second. What was that?" He points at my face on the mirror.

 

"What?"

 

He approaches behind me and turns me around by the shoulder. "There was something in your eyes."

 

"There's nothing—"

 

"Your eyes just twinkled."

 

I snort. "Are you turning poetic on me? Because you know how I—"

 

"Oh my God!" he gasps. "You're looking forward to this day."

 

I smile at Jun. Damn right, I am.

 

His eyes goes round in disbelief. "You...like him?"

 

By like, if you meant wanting to see him burn painfully to the ground, then...


"Yes. I like him very much," I answer sweetly.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys!

 

Thank you to all those who subscribed to my story even though all I have at the time is a small description. It means a lot to me to know that someone is actually reading my work.

 

So to give you a little premise of this fic, it is romantic-comedy that will tell a behind-the-scenes story of Kim So Eun and Song Jae Rim after they have been selected as a couple in WGM show. While most of the scenes will be about their life outside WGM, I will also take some scenes from the actual WGM and put my own twist to it. Just like the next chapter ;)

 

So if there's a certain episode you want me to write about, feel free to let me know.

 

I really hope you will like my story.

Happy reading!