Final.

Tease

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update. TT I hope you readers will enjoy this one shot! I'm still trying to improve my writing skills. ouo;


 

 “Ah, I’m so tired,” Baby Soul groaned and leaned against the mirror once they were done with their practice for the day. From afar, Mijoo heard what the leader had said and snickered before walking towards the leader, facing her.


“Ah, I’m so tired,” she imitated the older member and stuck her tongue out playfully at Baby Soul, earning a glare in return.


“Yah, Lee Mijoo!” Baby Soul wrinkled her nose and frowned at the said girl.


“There they go again,” the youngest member, Yein, mumbled as she looked at the two of them bickering with the rest of the members.


“They look cute together don’t they?” Kei chuckled as she stood beside Yein.


“Stop it, Lee Mijoo!” Baby Soul flared her nose.


“Stop it, Lee Mijoo~” Mijoo laughed, not getting tired at what she was doing.


Running out of patience, Baby Soul took a step forward only to go backwards again as Mijoo had took a step forward as well and the leader felt intimidated as Mijoo was taller than her. She felt her breath hitched as she realized how close they were. “Y-yah, what a-are you trying to do?” Baby Soul stuttered, feeling slightly nervous because Mijoo was staring directly at her. Her eyes then wondered to Mijoo’s lips and she found herself her own lips.


“Ooh, this is getting interesting,” Jin said aloud as she saw the position Mijoo and Baby Soul were in. Kei nudged Jin’s arm and told her to keep quiet by putting a finger on her lips. “Sorry,” Jin mumbled and faced the two members at the mirror again.


Mijoo smirked when she saw that Baby Soul was eyeing her lips. She placed both her hands on Baby Soul’s sides and leaned closer causing the leader to close her eyes shut. “Aw, even the leader can’t resist my charms,” Mijoo whispered into Baby Soul’s ear before laughing out loud.


“Yah, Lee Mijoo that wasn’t funny!” Baby Soul burst out in anger and pushed the girl away once she opened her eyes. She glared at the girl one last time before walking out of the practice room, slamming the door. “Stupid Mijoo,” she mumbled and clutched tightly onto her shirt as she felt her heart still beating rapidly after what had just happened.


Mijoo was clueless. She did not expect Baby Soul to shout at her. Did she do something wrong? Did she go too far with her teasing? 


“O-ouch!” Mijoo groaned when she felt the back of her head being hit. She turned around and glared at the culprit while rubbing her head to ease the pain. “What was that for?” she pouted.


“That’s for being stupid,” Jin said nonchalantly, not feeling the slightest guilt for hitting her member’s head.


“Huh?” Mijoo blinked not getting why Jin had said that.


“Tsk you’re so dense. You should go and apologize to Baby Soul unnie later,” Jin sighed and walked away to grab her bag.


Once all of the members reached their dorm, Mijoo straight away went to Baby Soul’s room as told by the other members who had pestered her to do so. Mijoo really did not know what she had done wrong. Baby Soul should know that she liked to a lot.


Knock. Knock. Knock. 


Mijoo reached for the doorknob when she heard no response from Baby Soul and surprisingly it was unlocked. She entered the room quietly and found Baby Soul soundly asleep on her bed. Her brows furrowed when she saw that there were dry tears on the leader’s face. “Why were you crying, unnie?” Mijoo asked softly and gently caressed the older girl’s face.


She quickly retracted her hand, clutching on it when Baby Soul shifted in her bed. Her heart was beating rapidly and she hoped that Baby Soul was still asleep. “I’m sorry for just now unnie. I’ll be going to my room now. Goodnight,” Mijoo whispered and left the room. She turned to glance at the room once more before entering her room.

--


The next day, Mijoo woke up surprisingly early. Mijoo saw thar her roommate was still sleeping and decided not to wake her up since they had a tough practice a day ago and they needed as much rest as possible. After doing a few stretches to loosen up her muscles, Mijoo headed to the kitchen immediately knowing that Baby Soul would be there.


“Good morning, Baby Soul unnie!” Mijoo said in a bright tone only to be ignored by the leader.


Mijoo pouted when Baby Soul was giving her the silent treatment. She really was clueless. She did not know what she had done to make Baby Soul treat her this way. However, what Mijoo did know was that she did not like it when the leader is ignoring her.


“Unnie, why are you ignoring me?” Mijoo asked. 


Again, there was no response from the older girl.


Wrapping her arms around Baby Soul’s waist, Mijoo back hugged the leader and whispered into her ear, “I don’t like it when you ignore me, Soojeong unnie.”


Baby Soul tensed up when she felt Mijoo embracing her from the back. However, she still kept silent. She could only hope that Mijoo would not hear or feel her heart beating quickly.


“Unnie,” Mijoo mumbled and tightened her grip around Baby Soul’s waist.


The leader gripped onto the knife tightly feeling Mijoo’s hot breath against her skin. She was feeling really hopeless not being able to do anything. Yes, she could ask Mijoo to release her but she just could not let her voice out. It was as if something got caught in .


In other words, Baby Soul did not want Mijoo to let go.


After a few minutes, Mijoo gave up trying to make Baby Soul talk to her. With a pout, she leaned against a wall and watched Baby Soul preparing breakfast for the other members. She wished she could read the leader’s mind so she would know why the latter was ignoring her.


On the other hand, Baby Soul was already missing the feeling of having Mijoo’s arms wrapped around her. She did not know it would end that soon. She knew how determined Mijoo could get when she wanted someone’s attention.


“Did I do something wrong?” Mijoo spoke up softly, breaking the silence in between them.


“No,” Baby Soul simply answered without looking at Mijoo.


A slight grin formed on Mijoo’s lips when she heard Baby Soul’s voice although it was only one word. She’s not completely ignoring me, Mijoo thought and she giggled softly to herself.


“Yah, why are giggling to yourself?” Jiae asked when she entered the kitchen, raising one of her brows.


“Oh, Jiae. Good morning,” Baby Soul greeted her when she heard her voice.


“Good—“


“That’s it!” Mijoo exclaimed frustratingly, clenching her fist tightly. “Why exactly are you giving me the cold shoulders unnie? Was it something I did yesterday? Please enlighten me because I really have no idea what I did.”


Seeing how tensed the atmosphere was all of a sudden, Jiae excused herself to the living room where the rest of the members were waiting for their breakfast to be prepared. Jiae had actually entered to take a bottle of water but changed her mind seeing how the two members were acting childish to each other.


“Are they quarreling again?” Kei sighed, tired of Mijoo and Baby Soul’s childish behavior.


Jiae nodded meekly and took a sit beside the youngest member. “Soojeong unnie should just confess to Mijoo unnie,” Yein mumbled.


“Huh?” Sujeong said, obviously not listening to what her members were talking about.


“Not you, pabo,” Jin laughed. “We’re talking about our leader.”


“O-Oh,” Sujeong smiled sheepishly.


Back in the kitchen, Baby Soul was ignoring Mijoo once again. The latter felt like she could go crazy any moment. “Is it because of my teasing that you’re angry at me?” Mijoo asked all of a sudden. “Did I go overboard with them?”


After having to think for a while, Mijoo realised that she had been teasing Baby Soul whenever she could. When she first started to tease the leader, Baby Soul would just laugh and tell Mijoo to cut it out but lately, she would get angry at her and tell her to stop in an angry manner.


I miss hearing her laughter and whining whenever I , Mijoo thought.


“Yes, Mijoo. You did,” Baby Soul answered coldly. Her heart clenched having to speak to Mijoo in such tone but she just wanted her to leave.


“Oh,” Mijoo could only say.


“Now can you just join the others in the living room and let me finish cooking? We’ll not be able to eat on time if you continue to disturb me and you’ll be the one to blame,” Baby Soul added.


Mijoo nodded her head dejectedly. “I’ll stop with the teasing,” she whispered to no one. But.. I did it because I like you. Can’t you see that?


--


The tension between Baby Soul and Mijoo was obvious throughout their walk to their practice room although they were acting normally with the other members. As soon as the both of them entered the room, the other members locked them in, leaning against the door so that Mijoo and Baby Soul could not open the door. They had enough with both of their behavior and wanted them to make up to each other.


Realising the situation first, Baby Soul’s eyes widened and she walked to the door and tried to open it up but it would not budge at all due to the members weight at the other side of the door. “Yah, this isn’t funny,” Baby Soul shouted.


Mijoo, who had only realised the situation after a few minutes, just watched as the leader struggled to open the door.


“We’re not going to open the door and enter until the both of you make up with each other,” Jin said.


“We’re not even fighting!” Baby Soul frowned and turned to Mijoo who just gave her a shrug.


“Jiae unnie saw you two quarreling in the kitchen. Now, just make up with each other and everything will be alright,” Kei said from the other side of the door.


Giving up, Baby Soul huffed and glared at Mijoo who was smiling sweetly at her. “Yah, you could have said something or lie so this won’t happen you know,” the leader said.


“I don’t like to lie,” Mijoo said innocently.


“Is it really fun to tease me?” Baby Soul huffed. Since she knew her members would not open up the door any time soon, she wanted to end the teasing at that moment.


Mijoo just kept quiet, purposely not answering the leader’s question.


“Yah, Lee Mijoo answer me. I’m sick of you constantly teasing me,” Baby Soul raised her voice.


“I did it to get your attention.”


Baby Soul was suddenly speechless. She did not expect that kind of reply from her member.


“I get jealous that you give the other members more attention so I figured out I’ll get your attention if I teased you,” Mijoo added, her head hanging low as she felt blood rushing through her cheeks.


Baby Soul felt her heart fluttered. However, she was also wondering why Mijoo would get jealous when she gives more attention to the other members? Does it mean she- Baby Soul shook her head. No, that can’t be the reason.


“Unnie,” Mijoo called out and moved closer to the leader, holding onto her hands in the process. She gave them a light squeeze before continuing her sentence. “I like you.”


Baby Soul’s eyes widened. She wanted to say something but she felt as if something was stuck in .


“It’s okay if you don’t feel the same way unnie,” Mijoo said, her voice cracking slightly as she tried not to let her tears betray her. “I just felt that I should let you know why I did all the teasing.”


I… I like you too. However, Baby Soul could not seem to let it out.


Mijoo slowly released the leader’s hands and plastered a sad smile on her face. “Shall we call it truce then? I promise I’ll not disturb you anymore. I’ll tell the members now that we’re okay with each—“


Pulling the younger girl closer by the waist, Baby Soul did the unexpected. She kissed her member directly on the lips. Mijoo was of course surprised but soon she closed her eyes and returned the kiss. Never did they thought this day would arrive. Mijoo had always wondered what it would feel like to have the leader’s lips on hers and now that she knew, she was already getting addicted to it.


Baby Soul slowly pulled away from the kiss and looked at Mijoo. A small smile formed on her lips as she saw how clueless and innocent Mijoo looked like. She could not believe she had actually kissed the younger girl, her crush. She only had the courage to do so because she was afraid that Mijoo would think that she did not like her back when in fact she did.


“U-unnie..” Mijoo spoke up first. “What was that for?”


Being the shorter one, Baby Soul rested her head against Mijoo’s neck and wrapped her arms around the latter’s waist, hugging her tightly. She was feeling shy to look directly into Mijoo’s eyes.


“Isn’t it obvious pabo?” she mumbled.


It took a few seconds for Mijoo to process the leader’s words before a huge grin appeared on her face. “You like me too? You like me too right unnie?” she said, not being able to believe the situation currently.


“Yes, Lee Mijoo. I. Like. You.” Baby Soul confessed shyly, her face turning as red as a tomato.


“Look, they finally make up with each other. How cute,” Jin said as the other members entered as well, spoiling their moment.


Baby Soul quickly pushed Mijoo away from her and straightened her shirt before clearing . “Since Mijoo and I have finally cleared our misunderstanding, let’s start with practice now,” she said as professionally as possible. She hoped that the members could not see how flustered she was.


The members all groaned but got into the position. Mijoo on the other hand, instead of getting into her position, went to back hug her favourite leader and pecked her cheek. “Let’s go on a date after practice okay?” she whispered into her ear. She felt Baby Soul tensed and she smirked slightly. She liked how she had this effect on the leader.


“Yah, stop flirting the both of you! We have to practice,” Kei shouted and Mijoo released Baby Soul from her grip. She chuckled softly and got into her position.


“Alright, let’s start with practice,” Baby Soul said once she cooled down.

 

“Alright, let’s start with practice~” Mijoo imitated Baby Soul and laughed.


Something will never change won’t it? Baby Soul thought smiled as she looked at mirror, seeing how happy Mijoo was after teasing her.