GET-AWAY SURPRISE

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

Get-Away Surprise

 

 

It’s been a hectic and tiring week for Gerald and Kim. Both have to face the finals and for Gerald he also has to face problems at work and as usual his personal problem. Gerald is so smart and always on top of everything except for his love life, he has none!

At the Office: Dad, I’m planning to take the rest of the week off, I need to recuperates and gather my strength again before I face my review.

Mr. Anderson: is that you Gerald? It doesn’t sound like you. Are you ok son?

Gerald: yes I’m OK, I just want to make sure that I’m ready for next week, and these past few days, I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Mr. Anderson: In that case, go ahead and take some off, Fred is here, we’ll be fine. Actually I’m happy that you start to think about yourself, I was going to ask you if everything is ok with you. But looks like you’re perfectly okay.

Gerald: yah I’m OK, nothing to worry. I’m just going to spend some time with my friends in Camarines, It’s been a while, I miss the Ocean.

Mr. Anderson: oh, wakeboarding. How’s Jorosh & Derek doing?

Gerald: they are okey. Derek is getting married next summer. They are both practicing in same law firm.

Mr. Anderson: kamusta mo ako sa kanilang dalawa, and by the way, I’ll be meeting your Mom and Kent today for lunch, would you like to join us? Brenda is back from New York. Why don’t call Kim and she can join us.

Gerald: I would love too…so I heard from Kim. It’s okay she has 1 more exam today and she’s so deprive of sleep this days too.

The Anderson meets for lunch with two more guests, Brenda and Mrs. Chiu

Gerald: Hi Mom, Hello Tita , Hi Brend ( then kiss the 3 ladies in the table)

Mrs. Chiu: Nice to see you Iho, so you guys going to Camarines, Gerald, take care of Kim.

Gerald: (was surprise for what he heard, but then just riding on)...of course Tita, so you taled to her?

Mrs. Chiu: yah, I spoke to her last night then she told me that she’s going for 3 – 4 days to relax, in Camarines, but she didn’t tell me with whom, but when I heard from your Dad, that you are going so I know ikaw pala ang kasama n’ya.

Gerald: (just smile and didn’t say anything, after lunch he is on his way going back to the office driving, on the phone) Hi Fred, question, did we sponsor the event in Camarines this coming weekend?

Fred: yes, bakit? akala ko ba you’re not too much into wakeboarding anymore.

Gerald: I just want to know if sino-sino ang mga team? Can you find out for me?

Fred: your old team is competing, Jorosh , Derek and company..Then…tika, are you looking for specific team?

Gerald: (hesitant but no choice)...Okay can you find out if Enchong Team is competing?
Fred: …LAL..Now you’re talking, mahirap kasi kung hindi tayo nag kakaintindihan..LOL. Bakit Bro, are you looking for a competition? Your Dad just told me about your plans. Si Kim,ba kasama?

Gerald: I just found out from her Mom that she is going but she didn’t mention anything to me. Thank you Bro.

Day of the trip, very early at Kim’s condo building, Gerald came so early to make sure that Kim’s still in her unit.

Gerald: (bushing) Kim, its Gerald open for me.

Kim: OK…My Gosh Gerald what’s going on...why so early morning, it’s only 4:30 am and I just sleep 1 hr ago.

Gerald: good morning. Sorry that I wake you up, I just want to make sure that you’re still here.

Kim: why? I’m not going anywhere….not this early anyway. What’s going on with you? Are you drunk?

Gerald: No. your Mom told me yesterday that you are going to Camarines, I am going too so here I am hoping you want to drive down with me.

Kim: huh? I’m not even sure if I’m going, I was just thinking out loud when I was talking to Mama. I am still sleepy and I want to go back to bed.

Gerald: OK, let’s go back to bed.

Kim: Anong let’s go back to bed? Ako lang, but if you want to stay manigas ka d’yan sa couch. (sabay tapon ng pillow kay Gerald) maybe later I can decide, pag naka tulog na ako.

Gerald: OK..I take a nap; I’ll wake you up at 8:00.

Kim: Ok..(Then she went back to back, her bedroom door was open and Gerald was watching her from the couch.) Ge,
I can see you, stop doing that, baka ma demonyo ka…ikaw din..LOL..

Gerald: anong ikaw din...don’t you start, alam mo na hindi ako takot ma demonyo! (then get-up and walk towards the bedroom)

Kim: (get-up and run to the door, sabay close nito) Gerald, stop that, I want to sleep, and you’re not funny, you’re kind of scaring me.

Gerald: anong scaring me, I’m just joking, don’t close your door, I’m not going to you, don’t worry, and leave your door open so I can wake you up.

They both back to sleep and Gerald wake up around 6:30 am, he make egg and toast for both of them, he brewed coffee, went to freshen up and then wake up Kim.

Kim: wow! Thank Mr. Anderson, ang sweet mo naman.

Gerald: so what, are you coming with me?

Kim: I think so, since I’m up and awake.

Gerald: so hurry up and have your things ready, after this I’ll start loading your stuff to my truck…keep eating!
Kim: yes Dad, you act like an old man.LOL (stirring at Gerald and smile)

Gerald: yah, and you act like a baby (sabay hawak sa face ni Kim) huhhh, you’re so beautiful. Ganyan pala ang hitsura mo sa morning. (Then kiss Kim)

Kim: alam mo lately, I notice you’re taking advantage of me.

Gerald: hah? Why did you say that?

Kim: panay kasi ang kiss mo, I keep asking myself when did I allow you to kiss me just like that.

Gerald:..LOL…Kimmy, you just noticed? (Jokingly ask)..matagal na, and you don’t even complain, ngayon lang…and don’t deny..You let me since we’re small, and in most cases you do response to my kisses…see I told you, ever since you do have feelings for me…LOL..(Then noticed that Kim start to get angry)…h’wag pikon, you started it.

Kim: I just don’t know what to do with you..masyado kang humble na bilig sa sarili, suko ang psychology skills ko sayo. (Then get-up and walk towards her bedroom)...I’m getting ready.(as she get ready she start thinking about what Gerald just say) Totoo kaya? Do I have feelings for Him, or I just like his company.(as she start analyzing her self, Gerald start to clean the kitchen?..Ge, leave it, I’ll clean as soon as I’m done, naka hiya naman sa iyo, nag luto ka na nga.

Gerald: don’t worry, just keep going, I know you matagal ka mag bihis. (then the phone ring, still chewing when answer the phone)..Hello..Hi Tita, goodmorning..She’s changing; you want me to call her?

Mrs. Chiu: No Iho, I still want to talk to you….did I got you in wrong time? Mukhang kumakain ka pa..so sweet Kim cook for you?

Gerald: no Tita I’m finish and No, I did cook for her actually…LOL…

Mrs.Chiu: oh sweeter, I hope she knows that she’s so lucky….good thing you spend your night there, you guys can leave early.

Gerald: no Tita, I did not spend my night with Kim,…I mean in Kim’s place…here..(parang natarantang sagot ni Gerald) I just came really early..4:30 am, so I make her breakfast before we leave.

Mrs. Chiu: oh I see…I just want to say take care with your trip and Gerald, you promise to look after her, don’t let her stay in one cottage by her self...basta promise me..ikaw ang managot if I know she’s by herself.

Gerald: pero Tita Kim is a big girl, matapang pa, and I don’t want people to think…It’s not good ….I think?..(He doesn’t know what to say, talking to Kim’s mother, asking him to share cottage with her daughter, big temptation Gerald!)..pero what do you mean Tita?...OK ho, I promise!

Mrs. Chiu: basta Iho, you have my blessing…we trust you..Just do what you think is right for both of you…so, promise Gerald. Otherwise Kim can’t go. Okey bye, just tell Kim I call to say enjoy sa trip.

Kim: Gerald who was that…my Mom? What did she say?

Gerald: she call to say enjoy sa trip…she sounds weird to. She ask me not to let you stay In the cottage by yourself, you have to stay with me, in one cottage..(then think before he continue talking)…sounds like she’s giving you to me…ayan Kim I have her blessing, I can have you daw!

Kim: sira…malisyoso, she’s just worried because few months ago, somebody got in the resort, but it’s the different place, malayo kung saan tayo.

Gerald: in that case, we have a problem; I only book the one room cottage, so you’re sleeping with me.

Kim: you wish, will arrange it when we got there…keep wishing baka magkatotoo..LOL (laughing and walk away)

Then they went down to the parking lot to load all the stuff and up they go, it is going to be a long trip. But they don’t mind because they have each other.

Gerald: OK na, shall we? Let me know if you need to stop.

Kim: No stopping para mabilis, Kung you need to CR, here ito ang gamitin mo.

Gerald: ha?...OK lang pero ikaw ang hahawak sa…alam mo na..kasi I’m driving.

Kim: Sira, (sabay hit Gerald in the arm, then stop ang give him a smile)

Gerald: you’re beautiful; can I kiss you before we go? (Then lean forward and kiss Kim in the lips)...I want you!

Kim: (kissing him back, until..) Gerald, please try to behave, we are going away, I know we both have attraction to each other. You know, things can easily happen, I don’t want that we might regret later on and waste what we have…we have a wonderful thing going on…right?

Gerald: so, you are attracted to me?...you find me hot?

Kim: so should know that by now, sino ba ang hindi, you are Gerald Anderson after all, you know, nakikioso lang.(sabay tawa to cover-up her true feelings)

Gerald: what ever you say…but now I’m happy that you admit that you find me hot…LOL

Then they start driving away. After 1 hour drive, Gerald noticed that Kim start to dozing off.

Gerald: (touch Kim in the shoulder) Kim, if you’re sleepy, here, slide back your seat and try to sleep, I’ll wake you up when we got there.

Kim: are you sure, okay ka lang by yourself driving wala kang kausap, but if you got tired, wake me up, promised?

Gerald: (smiling) promised.

Then Gerald continues his driving, while Kim was sleeping, Gerald keep watching her on her sleep and keep touching her face.