//

You've touched my heart (EunHae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This fic is inspired by Sung Si Kyung's, You've touched my heart. I remember that Kyuhyun likes this song very much(lol just saying). Clips of both Kyuhyun and SSK singing it live are available on youtube, do check it out~ 

 

 

I thought I wouldn't feel anything even if you leave me, but it turns out that I'm wrong. 

His handphone screen displayed a photo of them, taken a few summers ago at the beach. They had wide smiles on their faces and they seemed so happy then.

Donghae caresses the cold screen lightly with his fingertips, tracing the outline of the person's face whom he misses so much.

"You loved me so much then. What have I done to push you away?"

Hyukjae gave in to him in every way possible, no matter how unreasonable Donghae was. Hyukjae literally pampered him.

Donghae remembers how he came home one day, hungry and tired from work, only to find that there was no dinner prepared for him like usual. He'd gotten really angry and yelled at an innocent Hyukjae. He recalls how Hyukjae tried to explain and apologize with tears in his eyes, but at that time, he was too fed up to listen. He'd roughly shoved Hyukjae out of the way, and stormed out of the house they've lived together for four years. 

For a week, Donghae didn't return home. He'd moved to the hotel and spent his time flirting and hooking up with random people he met at the bar. He didn't care if Hyukjae might feel lonely or sad being left at home alone. He didn't care if Hyukjae would feel frightened late at night, despite knowing that Hyukjae had fear of the dark.

Donghae was gentle and nice to everybody else, yet heartless to Hyukjae.

In the end, it was Hyukjae who came and pleaded for Donghae to return home. He promised to quit his job as a professional dancer, and instead become a normal dance teacher so that he could have more free time to take care of Donghae. Even though Donghae knew that dancing was Hyukjae's dream since young, Donghae did not feel guilty at all, having been the one to force Hyukjae to give up his dreams. He thought Hyukjae's sacrifice was foolish.

They were a perfect couple, at least, in others' eyes. Donghae and Hyukjae knew each other since childhood, their parents were close friends and naturally, they grew up together. To be honest, Donghae never took a liking to Hyukjae, since Hyukjae always seemed weak and inferior as compared. His results were always amongst the top few, whereas Hyukjae was always the bottom of the class. Hyukjae was also short, and wasn't good at anything, except dancing. However, his parents always made Donghae befriend the unpopular Hyukjae, and forced him to bring Hyukjae everywhere. Because Hyukjae tagged along with him everywhere he went, people naturally thought they were the best of friends. This made Donghae detest Hyukjae, and he made sure to make it known to Hyukjae by bullying him whenever possible. 

Once, Donghae ganged up with his friends to play a prank on Hyukjae. He sent a text to Hyukjae, telling Hyukjae to wait for him in the classroom after school because he had a surprise for Hyukjae. After Hyukjae was tricked to the classroom, they used the key they'd stolen from the teacher's desk and locked Hyukjae up in the classroom for an entire night. The next morning when they unlocked the classroom, they found that Hyukjae had passed out. That was how Donghae found out about Hyukjae's phobia of the dark.

After that incident, Donghae kept his distance from Hyukjae. It wasn't until that night after graduation ceremony that their lives crossed paths again. 

That night, after their graduation ceremony, Donghae got drunk, and somehow, he ended up sleeping with Hyukjae. When Donghae woke up, he was disgusted, having found out that he slept with the person he hated most. Besides, he wasn't even gay. Somehow, his mother found out what happened, and she forced Donghae to take responsibility for his actions. This made Donghae look down on Hyukjae even more, because he's sure that it was Hyukjae who shamelessly told his parents that they had slept together. Despite being reluctant, Donghae couldn't defy his parents' will, hence he got together with Hyukjae unwillingly.

News got around fast. Soon, everyone around them knew that they were together. Their friends and relatives congratulated them, assuming that it was friendship that blossomed into true love between them. Thus, Donghae and Hyukjae came to be known as the perfect couple.

They moved out of their parents' house to live together in a small, but cosy rented house near their university. Hyukjae liked it alot, which was why he picked it, Donghae on the other hand, did not have much of an opinion. Although Donghae still disliked Hyukjae, the fact that they were surprisingly matched and made for each other in bed, was something Donghae couldn't deny. So even though Donghae had a couple of lovers here and there, he did not break up with Hyukjae, and their relationship lasted till both graduated from university and entered work. Donghae became a lawyer in a famous law firm, while Hyukjae became a professional dancer.

Donghae matured after entering the work field, and he no longer hated Hyukjae, but neither was he more fond of Hyukjae. Nevertheless, as long as Hyukjae continued to take care of all his needs and be at his beck and call, Donghae decided that he didn't mind maintaining their relationship.

Donghae never imagined that one day, Hyukjae would be the one to put an end to their relationship.

It was raining that night. He had just won a major case in court, and had went out to celebrate with his colleagues till late at night. He'd arrived home slightly drunk but happy. In his good mood, he had even decided to bring Hyukjae out to the performance Hyukjae had always wanted to watch on his free day tommorow. When Donghae alighted from his taxi, he spotted Hyukjae sitting on the steps outside their house, half of his body already drenched by the heavy rain.

"Hyukjae?" Donghae mumbled, confused. "Why are you sitting here in the rain?"

Donghae had been slightly drunk that day, so he didn't notice anything wrong with Hyukjae, but now, Donghae clearly recalls seeing that the dancer's eyes were red and puffy, as if he had just cried.

"I was waiting for you, of course." Hyukjae just smiled brightly at him like usual. "Come inside the house quickly, don't ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter