The Man Behind

Stand By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 |   THE MAN BEHIND

      Taehyun arrives in school after his short visit from Mino's work.

      A cup of caramel macciato in hand, he walked gracefully like a model, his other hand holding his bag over his shoulder.

      He's undou tedly chic and charismatic, he might not be as popular as red velvet or the elites. But his standing and ranking on the academic chart quite give him an edge.

      "Oooh NamTae is so handsome"

      "Ack. Taehyun aa please look at me!"

      "His eyebrows are so charming. I wanna marry it"

      He too got fangirls, but ever since Irene humiliated him it wasnt as many as before.

      But he doesnt care. He doesnt care about them at all, for his heart belongs to only one person.

      He went to his locker, to put away the books he doesn’t need, and when he closed it, Wendy’s face appeared behind the door. “Hello”

      It startled him, but he didn’t show any change on his cold expression

      “What do you want?” he asks.

      “Can you come with me?”

      “Why? Now that Mino’s not serving you guys, you’re trying to pick on me next?” his voice was cold as his iced drink. “It’s his business, not mine”

      “I need to ask you something”

      “Then go ahead and ask. Why do I still have to come with you?”

      "Because if I tell you here then people would know what a sly traitor you are”

      Taehyun furrowed his droopy eyebrows, looking intently at her stern glare. Although, he has a class to attend to, he chose to follow her to the music room where she always practices her skills alone.

      “So what is it you’re going to ask” the other says, feeling impatient, standing in the middle of that tiny room.

      “Do you know that Irene got in a bit of trouble last time because Mino thought she was the one who spread his secret?” Wendy started lowly standing in front of him, with eyes fierce and sharp.

      “Yeah. It’s a talk of the town so there’s no need to ask anymore” Taehyun says, brushing his hand on his silky smooth hair.

      “Is that your intention?”

      “What?”

      “Do you intend to hurt Irene? You used Mino to get back to her?” she asks.

      Taehyun snorts. “Whoaaa Chincha! You, Red Velvet are incredible on accusing people huh? Yes I’ve always dreamed of killing her, but what the hell are you taling about? Mino is my friend, why would I use him?

      “Friend? You spread his secret... friend?”

      “Wait wait wait... Do you really think I was the one who spread it?” He looks at her, quite astonished. “Like who told you that, huh?”

      Wendy went to the closet of the room, and when she opens it, 2 students wrapped in ropes and a duct tape sticked on their mouths to prevent them from calling for help. “Them”

      "Jinhwan? Donghyuk?:

      The guys’ eyes sparkled seeing him and crawled towards him but Wendy was strong enough to drag them and placed them on a chair. They don’t look completely harmed but they appear to be desperate for help.

      They screamed when Wendy pulled the duct tape off, casuing him much pain for ripping his skin. “Taehyun! Mianhae! We told her!”

      "Told her what?"

      "Apparently, we have been searching for the one who spreads Mino's secret and your friends here were caught in act" Wendy says. "And when i asked him who told them about Mino... it was you"

      "What? And when did i do that?" Taehyun loses his poise, flustered and looked at his classmates.

      "Remember when we drink together the night before it broke out?" Jinhwan says. "Thats why you weren’t able to come to school the next day because you got so drunk. And... then..."

      "That’s where you said things" Donghyuk says.

      "Like what? Please enlighten me" Taehyun was so curious that he asked them everything.

      "You said how angry you are at Mino because he was being close with Wendy. That you are so jealous because you still greatly love her"

      "You love her and looked over for her so long and never got a single chance to be with her and yet Mino came along and suddenly been able to spend time with her and make her smile, when you’ve been dreaming to be that person to be able to do that"

      Taehyun froze on his spot. What the--- are these guys insane? How can they... "ok thats enough..."

      But the two still continued, spilling everything within those lines. And Wendy's dark aura was washed away and replaced by a smile. Like Taehyun she was slightly shock how can these boys reveal such secret? They shouldn’t say those especially in front of her right? It’s just like confessing Taehyun’s real feelings for her.

      "And even if you hate Red Velvet and how she dumped you before you still can’t stop falling for her and write songs for her"

      "And finally you said if only she knows Mino is a delinquent she will be scared of him. And then he'll leave her alone. Amd you still got a cha---"

      "I said enough!" Taehyun kicks one leg of Donghyuk's chair, causing him to fall backwards.

      After seeing how his friend ended up, Jinhwan also kept his mouth shut.

      The ice on Taehyun’s cup melts every second while the room stayed silent and quiet. No one was talking.

      The two knows they’ve said too much while the other was feeling completely embarrassed.

      Suddenly, Wendy lets out a cute chuckle. "Ah well this isn’t how i expected it to be" she says, glancing at those pretty awkward guys, especially her admirer.

      "This must be so amusing to you..." Taehyun says, pertainimg to his humiliation once again.

      Wendy raises her shoulders, arms crossed on her chest, her blue dyed hair beautifully swings beautifully from the wind that passes through the open window. "Hmmm kinda. It’s just that I always thought you hate me"

      "I do hate you, these guys are just making it up" he excused.

      "Hm mmm" the girl nods, obviously unbelieving him.

      He rubs his fingers on eyebrows and sighs. "Now that you know how that I was drunk and not in the right mind when I accidentally told them about Mino. What now?" He asks. "If you’re going to beat me, fine. But let me attend my classes first and I’ll just meet you in the field later, nae?"

      Taehyun spins around and headed to the door, but Wendy stretcher her arm out and stopped him. “We’re not done yet” she says. “Mino still thinks its Irene who did it”

     “So?”

     “So... Please clean up your mess and tell Mino the truth” Wendy pleads. “Confess before he attacks on Irene badly”

     “Don’t worry, Mino won’t hurt your queen”

     “I know. But still…” she wore this pleading and gentle puppy eyes that boys would die to see from her. Taehyun’s heart starts racing, and to know that she’s holding a part of his arm, just takes his breath away. “I won’t tell Seulgi and the others about you guys. I would spare your fault. But save Irene on this one”

     Taehyun glances at her intently then walks away again. As soon as he was gone, Wendy sighs and hoped that she would at least have passed through him and that he would listen to her request.

     “Don’t worry, Wendy. He will listen to you. If breaking his friendship means you would be happy, then he will. He loves you that much” Jinhwan says, smiling handsomely at her, trying to make her feel better.

   However, Wendy didn’t return that beautiful smile, his words didn’t make her feel better, it made her feel worse and guilty. How can she ask such a difficult request? She knows it is a difficult thing to do, if he confesses, the probability of their friendship will end. Now it is up to Taehyun if he’s willing to let go off of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter