Final

Shooting Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's going where?!" Hoseok shrugs, "He's leaving tonight. Didn't you know?"

"No...but if he's leaving why didn't you fetch him?"

"He insisted on going alone. I wasn't able to do anything about it. So yeah. Did he seriously not tell you?"

Jungkook shakes his head a no. "But I'm his best friend," He breathes out, feeling rejected. Why didn't Taehyung tell him?

Hoseok gasps and pretends to look hurt, "What are you talking about? I'm HIS best friend. If you were, he would've told you he was leaving, wouldn't he?"

Is Jung Hoseok serious? Is Taehyung really going to leave them for good? Leave him for good? He just realized his feelings earlier that's why he ran all the way here to his apartment, And now Hoseok's here telling him Taehyung's already at the airport? What the is happening here?

Jungkook hesitantly shakes his head once more. "See? And aren't you a bit harsh on Tae? Calling him your best friend even though you know fully well that he's in love with you?"

Ah. Yes. Right. Taehyung does love him. The elder confessed just a month ago, and Jungkook just brushed it off. He clearly remembers what happened the next day;

"Jungkook?" Taehyung asks him worriedly. The younger shoots him a grin. "Hey hyung! I'm craving for some jja-jang noodles. Should we go get some?"

Taehyung awkwardly laughs, "Do you already uh, have an answer?" 

Jungkook pretends to look at him confusingly, furrowing his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" 

"You know, uh, yesterday? When I told you I-yeah." Taehyung rubs the back of his neck, "So yeah, do you?"

I don't want to ruin our friendship, Jungkook thinks, I don't feel the same way. But I don't want to ruin what we have right now. So...

"Oh, yesterday? Yeah, I like you too, hyung! I'm glad you're my best friend!"

Hurt. Sadness. Disappointment. Evident in Taehyung's eyes. He chews on his lower lip. "Yeah. I'm glad too, Kookie. Now where should we eat?" 

Jungkook fights the urge to bang his own head on the wooden desk. God, he was stupid. That was harsh. Really harsh. He hopes Taehyung still likes him after that day.

And Jungkook just realized that he loves Taehyung back only an hour ago. He thanks Namjoon for that. Because Namjoon told him what he felt for Seokjin—his boyfriend. And realized, he feels the same way for Taehyung. Everytime you're with that person, you just feel different, a good different, you get what I'm sayin'? Jungkook recalls. He remembers Namjoon's last words before Jungkook stood up and rushed to Taehyung's apartment.

"You love him, Jungkook-ah. You're just slow. But since you now know, I trust the choices you're going to make and the steps you're going to take. I trust you. Now hurry up and go get him. Before its too late."

Jungkook didn't know what he meant by that but now he does. And he is too late. Too late to tell Taehyung he loves him back. Did everyone know Taehyung was leaving except for him? Ugh, he's really too late.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....or is he?

"Can I still catch him?" Jungkook finally says. Hoseok smirks, and responds in a challenging tone, "Can you?"

~

Jungkook finds himself in a cab. On his way to the airport. And he figured all his luck already ran out because he's stuck in a traffic jam. Right when he needed speed the most, its nowhere to be found. And all he wants to do right now is get out of the cab and run 3 blocks to get to the airport.


And he does—before paying the good driver of course. He slams the door and start his pursuit. All of his running and jogging every morning completely paid off. 

Kim Taehyung, the guy who's undeniably good-looking, unexpectedly a great singer, unbelievably nice, and has uncontrollably made his way in Jungkook's—dare he say it—heart. He initially thought Taehyung would just be a normal friend or a close friend, But he never thought it would result to this. Him falling for the other. God, this is cliche.

He doesn't know when, where, how and why it happened but he knew at some point of them hanging out, he started to develop feelings towards the elder. He loves the way Taehyung has a lot of unusual ways to have fun. He loves the way he can brighten up his gloomy day with just his infamous square grin. He loves the way he prioritize Jungkook more than others. He just...loves him. Jeon Jungkook loves Kim Taehyung. And for being friends with Taehyung for almost a year, he's seriously late to realize everything. And now, Taehyung's about to leave Seoul. Leave him.

Maybe he got too preoccupied—I'll be down for your rap, I'll be down for your rhythm–oh his phone's ringing—He fishes his phone from his pocket and swiftly swipes accept without looking, "Jungkookie!" Oh Park Jimin, Not now. "What is it now, hyung? Can't you see I'm busy?"

"Er, is that a trick question?" Jimin replies, completely clueless. Oh. Right. He's on the phone, ugh. "Um, no. Uh, what do you want?"

"Are you free today?" Jungkook almost screams. 

"No. I'm hanging up now, bye!"

"Hey–" Before the other even had the chance to reply, he already turned off his phone. 

Now where was he—oh a truck hold on—okay, . Kim Taehyung, why the hell didn't you tell me you were leaving? Jungkook curses.

But, Taehyung...He's worth it. Kim Taehyung's worth it. If he isn't, would Jungkook run in the first place?

~

"Yah, Jimin!"

"What is it, hyung?"

"What did Jungkook say?"

Jimin snickers, "He hung up on me, that little er."

"So he didn't say anything?"

"Well he did say he was busy...and he was panting. I heard cars beeping too. Is this it, Yoongi hyung?" Yoongi smirks, "Yup. He is whipped enough to run. I heard there's traffic on the way to the airport."

"You think he'll be okay?"

"It's Jungkook we're talking about here. Of course he'll be okay. That kid can take care of himself."

"I hope it won't backfire," Yoongi hits Jimin lightly on the head, "Now don't be negative. I have a good feeling about this. All we have to do is wait."


~


Finally. He finally reached the airport. He rereads Hoseok's text once more to be sure.

Terminal 2. Gate 507. Flight: PR 301. Boarding time: 18:25 --He texted the details to me. I just forwarded it to you. Oh, just ask the airport people there if you're still confused and you have no idea what crap I just texted you right now. Good luck.

Jungkook inserts his phone back in his pocket. He eyes the entrance in determination. He's not sure how he'll do it, but he is certain that he will do it and get Taehyung back. No matter how much Taehyung paid for the ticket, He's going to stop Taehyung from leaving. Its now or never.

The entrance opens automatically the second it senses Jungkook's—and everyone else's—presence. He lines up for checkpoint and puts his phone and wallet on the tray for inspection. He would really appreciate it though if the middle-aged man in front of him would hurry up.

"Uh, excuse me, could I please go first?" Jungkook asks politely. The man chuckles, "Of course. Are you in a hurry?" Oh no. Not really. 

"Er, yeah."

"Are you going to catch someone? You don't look like a passenger,"

Oh god why. Jungkook scratches his head. "Yeah. Uh Is it okay if I go now?" He tries to ask politely again.

The man chuckles, "Oh right, hah, good luck kid. She's a lucky girl!" 

Jungkook smiles and replies, "He." Before entering the checkpoint. The man in charge runs a quick inspection on Jungkook then nods towards his belongings. He picks them up then rushes towards the check-in counter. 

He is greeted by a bald—probably in his late 40s—man, wearing a blue uniform and an obviously fake smile on his face b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter