Home Sweet Home

Home

As I lay lifeless on my crappy single bed, with the moon light seeping through the tattered curtains; I cry.

I cry because I am unhappy.
Sure I live in New York, the place that is known to make dreams come true.
And yes, I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a famous fashion designer. But as for now I am just a lowly assistant for this y fashion designer who does crappy work if I do say so myself.
I stay in this crappy one-room apartment, the only view I have through the window is a dark alleyway.
Maybe that's why I am unhappy.

Or maybe it's because I miss him, my boyfriend back home in Korea.


"Where the heck are we?" I asked, confused.
He smiled, his eyes doing the same as well.
My amazing, cute and lovable boyfriend just decided to drag a half-awake me (it was only 7am for god's sake!) to a place that I have never ever been before in my life.
We stopped at a seemingly huge building, my eyes instantly grew wider at the sight of it.
We take the elevator to the 7th floor despite my protests.
"Are we visiting your parents or something? Cause I am so not ready..."
My boyfriend shushed me while chuckling.
"Of course not Bum-ah, we're going home."

 

I haven't seen or heard of him in a while, it's been exactly two weeks since I last saw his beautiful face (with the help of Skype of course).
He was still that lovable and cheerful self, just with a much shorter hairdo (which was terribly cute on him) and a new pair of glasses; but he was still the same guy I fell in love with.
"Bum-ah, how are you?"
He smiled, which made me miss him even more.
"Are you crazy? It's freaking 1am in Korea! Why are you not asleep yet?"
"It's okay Bum-ah, I just really really missed you."
I smiled seepishly at his cheesy comment,
"Yah, just hurry up and talk before my laptop runs out of battery!"
"Bum, bum, bum-ah.."
"What?"
"I love you."
He smiled again, this time I imprint that beautiful smile in my mind.

 

I don't realise how long has it been since I left home.
I try not to envision me and him cuddling together on bed like we used to. I try not to envision him cooking breakfast with me backhugging him, feeling his warmth; whispering 'I love you's. I try not to envision the feeling of his lips against mine, how he warms me with every touch....


Sometimes I would wonder, does he still read those romance novels I forced him to read? Does he still drink the Americano from Starbucks which he had gotten to love because of me? Does he still like walking in the rain just
because I told him it is romantic to me?

 

I don't know if what I am doing is right, but at this exact moment; I just want to be happy.

I quit my job, packed my bags and left.
I would be lying if I said I won't miss this place. I did make a few friends, enjoyed sneaking into fashion shows and walking through the streets that were covered with falling leaves. But in the end I realised that my heart was never there with me in the first place, it was always back at home where it really belongs...

 

The first thing I did when my beloved boyfriend opened the door to our home was to be in his arms, to feel the warmth that I missed so much.
"Bum-ah, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in New York right now?"
I hugged him even tighter, "Just shut up and let me hug you, you idiot."

 

I am happy now, because I am finally home.

 

 

 

 

Dunno if this is right but I hope it is!