It's Time

Finding Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pass.

Catch.

Tackle.

Touchdown.

It was the last day of school before winter break and I was with Jackson watching some guys play some tackle football. Most of the students have gone home, ready to spend their vacation with their families. As for me, i'm not in such a hurry to go back home. In fact, I don't even know if can go back home, especially when my parents find out that I failed majority of my classes. First year of college...not my most greatest achievement.  I may sound nonchalant about the whole thing, but honestly, it's quite depressing. I'm surprised I'm still alive. High school, man those were the years. My health, social life, and grades, they were on point. Then came the downfall where my friends turned into complete s and I was forced to major in pre med by my parents. It may not sound like a big deal, but it actually is. My parents never understood my dreams or ever asked what made me happy. I was raised to be ashamed and even cry if I ever had a B. Look at me now, failing my classes. Can't believe I haven't shed a tear yet. Before I say the next thing, i'm not bragging okay? I'm a pretty intelligent guy to be honest. The only reason I'm failing is because...I lost motivation, I guess? I mean it's pointless to work hard for something you never wanted. Then again, what do I even want? I don't know. All I do know, however, is that I can't go home and be stuck in that hell house for 3 weeks. I'd die than being under the same roof as my parents and I sure as hell can't face them now. Just the thought of them angers me. I hate them.

 

", Mark!" My thoughts were disrupted when I realized I was still at the football field. Jackson was sitting right next to me on the bench when he called, " It's 1:50, your dad is probably here to pick you up by now."

"Oh okay, thanks." I put on the faintest smile, before standing up from the bench. Jackson stood too giving me a quick pat on the shoulder. Doing the same, I lightly tapped his back, "Have a safe trip back home, aight. Merry Christmas."

"You too, man." After latching on my bag, I headed out. Along the way, I watched as students reunited with their families, seeing as their faces light up like Christmas trees. Though I am a bit jealous, I have to admit it was a beautiful sight.

"Aye, Mark!", the sound of footsteps grew louder.

I turned, "Hey, what are you still doing here?" I stared straight at JB who just stood with a bright smile.

"I'm not going home for the vacation. My parents are spending the holidays outside the country, so I decided to stay. Plus, I have my own place anyways." 

"That's cool. Damn I wished I had my own place." Must be nice being on your own with no one to hold you down.

"Yeah. Other than feeling lonely sometimes, it's pretty cool." JB nodded, "How about you? Going home?" I started thinking about it again. ing . I hate being home. It ain't even home. It's more like a jail cell. 

I shrugged, "I'm not sure yet." 

"Well, if you don't have plans you should come by at my place. I'm throwing a party. There'll be beer, music, and girls.", Jaebum winked. It does sound pretty tempting. Before I could answer, JB slipped a crumpled, torn paper in my hand, "I got to get going but if you decide to come, there's my address, aight?" He tussled my hair and walked off into the school. 

I continued to walk to the front of the school, checking to see if my dad was there yet. It's already an hour past the time he said he would be here. Should've known he'd show up late. He always does...My fingers played around with the paper JB gave me, reading the address in my mind. Jaebum. He's a grade above me. Awesome kid might I add. We go way back. I met him through my ex girlfriend, also known as JB's little sister. We we're still in highschool when I took her ity. Damn. She was hella fine. Inside and out, if you know what I mean. Anyways, we only dated for about 8 months before she broke up with me after I showed up to one of her family dinners drunk out of my mind. It was a bad day for me, okay? But yeah, JB still continued to hang out with me. We even grew closer after that. After thinking over and over again, the more and more I wanted to go for the hell of it. Looking around to find myself alone waiting on the grass, I whispered, "Where the is my dad?" And it's ung retarded because they can't even give me my own God damn phone. As more time passed by, I got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter