The Next Step

Taking Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings – it not what I wanted it to be...because I lost ALL my inspiration after I wrote out the first half.

 

And I don’t write . That said…STORY TIME!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae wrinkles his nose at the loud giggly voices coming from the girls on the table next to him in the coffee shop. He never did like loud overzealoustones which were too high and too whiny.

 

“OMG and he cheated on me!”

 

“No!!!! What the hell? Doesn’t he know what a gem you are?”

 

“I know right. I mean, just because I wasn’t sleeping with him doesn’t mean that he has to go dipping into some !”

 

“Ah but you know, skinship, intimacy and all those things are an important part of a relationship,” says the third voice and Hyukjae suddenly finds himself interested in the topic because he has never had with anyone and he was now dating but he still not taken a step further.

 

(A/N – bet you weren’t expecting that “tries to wriggle eyebrows like Siwon*)

 

It wasn’t like he was ugly or had a disease or something…it’s just that he had never thought about it or had been ever interested in it. But now that he was dating one of the most handsome men on campus, he thought that perhaps this kind of things was norm. Before life had always been about dancing and soccer and studies and getting into a good university and now that he was in one of Korea’s top universities, Hyukjae had finally taken time out to actually live his life. He still did the things he did before but he did them with a handsome and at times cute Cho Kyuhyun.

 

It was his first time holding someone’s hand in the dark theatre and the first time sharing a milkshake and his first time kissing. Everything had been so excitingly new to him that he had never thought about anything else, thought of perhaps taking a step further, of having .

 

“What so I should just jump into bed with every single guy I date?”

 

“No. you know that’s not what I mean. I’m just saying that guys have certain needs. You have been dating him for almost a year now…most of them start acting up within a few months if not the first few weeks. You should have been worried when he still didn’t ask for it after the first few dates.”

 

And the rest of the conversation becomes a blur when Hyukjae slams his half finished mochaccino down and glares at his innocent phone.

 

Cho Kyuhyun had not asked him for either! Just like that girls ex!

 

There could be only one explanation!

 

He grabs his phone, fingers swiping to enter the lock code and taps on the yellow kakaotalk app and when the application opens he types furiously to Kyuhyun

 

‘Are you cheating on me?!!’

You better not lie to me!’

‘You are, aren’t you?’

‘Why aren’t you replying?!’

‘Is that why you are late? Because you are with the other one?’

‘OMG CHO KYUHYUN YOU ARE CHEATING ON ME AREN’T YOU? OMG! OMG!O.M.G!’

‘How could you do this to me?!!’

‘I hate you!!’

 

Kyuhyun is almost running to the coffee shop he knows his boyfriend is waiting at. He doesn’t mean to be late but his professor took a little longer than normal in explaining the details of the major project that they were supposed to do that year and by the time he is out of the lecture hall, it is already the promised time for their date. He rushes even more when he hears the kakaotalk notification ringtone, one after another, already guessing that it’s his boyfriend, probably already sulking with the cutest pout in the planet.

 

Fifteen minutes later Kyuhyun instead finds Hyukjae bawling his eyes out in the middle of a crowded café and a bunch of girls trying to calm him down. He makes his way to them, having not the slightest clue as to why his boyfriend is crying and confused to no end when these random girls,whom he had never met before in his life and is pretty sure Hyukjae doesn’t know either, throws glares at him.

 

“Baby?What’s wrong? Baby why are you crying? Baby please don’t cry,” Kyuhyun almost pleads as he gathers Hyukjae into his arms, ignoring the whispering and the dagger-y glares.

 

“You don’t love me do you?” Hyukjae sniffles as he wiggles out of Kyuhyuns arms, eyes swollen and lips pouting but looking more adorable than anything.

 

Kyuhyun is perplexed and extremely aware of the attention they are getting. He has never been the type for public displays of attention or for public declarations of love. “W-Why do you ask that Hyuk? You know I l-love you.”

 

“Then why haven’t you asked for yet?”

 

“Eh?” Kyuhyun utters unintelligently, freezing at the question. How was he supposed to react to that or to answer it?

 

“Men are supposed to be h- and hormonal and would want to have as soon as he feels attracted to his partner!!!” Hyukjae declares, none too softly either, to Kyuhyun’s chagrin, “She said so!” he exclaims again while pointing, cutely albeit rudely, to one of the girls patting his back.

 

“Baby…you’re a man too.”

 

“Oh”

 

“And I never said I wasn’t a-attracted to you.” Kyuhyun truly wants to just die or something because he never ever thought that he would be having this conversation like this in front of a crowd of strangers."In fact, I'm very attracted to you."

 

“Oh.”

 

“It’s your first time baby…so I just…I was scared. It will be my first too.”

 

“Oh,” by now Hyukjae seems to have realized what exactly is was that they were talking about and blushes epically as he squeaks and then buries his flaming face in his palms

 

“But we can if you want…” whispers Kyuhyun as he shuffles closer, taking the embarrassed boy in an embrace, though still a little traumatized by the glaring females and the listening crowd.

 

“Ok.” Is the meek answer he gets in return.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t dumb. His professors will vouch for him on that. He wasn’t. But the events that follow greatly questions that.

 

***

 

A romantic comedy movie, a cute little bistro for dinner and a walk back to Kyuhyun’s apartment.

 

Everything was perfect right? Or so Kyuhyun thought. His hands were sweating bullets and he was feeling hot under the collar and it may or may not have anything to do with Hyukjae’s tight skinny jeans but Kyuhyun had decided that tonight would be the night. Changmin was spending the night in his boyfriend room and wouldn’t be due back all weekend and he had fresh sheets on and had aired out the mattress and has cleaned out Changmin’s gluttonous mess. Everything was perfect.

 

He was about to have . He was about to have with the love of his life. He was about to have and he was feeling crazy as and this was nothing like how he imagined his first time to be (he imagined himself being cooler...like James Bond) and now he was feeling as though he was being sent to the executioner.

 

D-Day.       

 

Well .

 

He was about to have but he felt that he was about to have a heart attack instead.

 

The good mood - and Kyuhyuns near miss panic attack- continued on and they were now seated on the bed, both  moving together with Hyukjae’s arms around Kyuhyun’s neck, fingers buried and tangled in Kyuhyun’s hair and Kyuhyun’s hand s around the slim waist of his boyfriend, pulling him flush against his chest and lips mingled in a slow but deep kiss.

 

Hyukjae was . Kyuhyun blood flow was out of control. Things were looking awesome.

 

One kiss led to another and hands became more adventurous as one of Hyukjae’s hand’s played with Kyuhyun’s hair, pulling at the locks and then disappearing within the dark silky strands, and the other hand splaying at Kyuhyun’s c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter