1/1

Thinking Out Loud

Yoongi ponders about the question which the interviewer had asked him about an hour ago as he sits in the white van which is their ride back to the dorm. The members are all doing their own things. The chalk haired leader called shotgun and is sitting in the front seat of the van beside their driver. Jin and J-Hope are seated in the second row talking about how the interview was quite fun, regardless of the somehow unexpected questions. The two mischievous maknaes are resting on each other’s shoulders, beside J-Hope, clearly tired from the long interview. (How four people fit in one row is beyond Yoongi’s thinking capacity).

But the rapper doesn’t contemplate on all these details. Because right beside him in the third row of the van is Park Jimin – the dancer of the group, the member in charge of the charms, the member whose face is naturally cute that no unnecessary aegyo is required, the singer whose voice can go higher than the Himalayas. The cute faced (but fierce) dancer has his earplugs on in his ears to signify that he was listening to music. Yoongi too has two plugs in his ears, his mind completely zoned out from the current world. His eyes don’t register what he sees and his ears are fully focused on the song that is on his current playlist.

It’s an English song by Ed Sheeran. And it’s called ‘Thinking out loud’.

 

Yoongi closes his eyes and smiles nostalgically to the soothing music. And he can’t help but feel that the lyrics are portraying out his feelings perfectly.

 

~~~
The interviewer picks up the next cue card and asks the question written on it very entertainingly.

“Now,” the interviewer says, “This may be a very common question but it’s a trending one so might as well.”

Rap Monster joins the fun and performs a series of actions that only he himself can understand what it means. J-Hope supplies a comment, repeating what the interviewer had said, “Yeah. Might as well” with that genuinely bright smile of his. Yoongi and the other members just listen patiently to the interviewer, expecting an easy question.

“What are your ideal types?”

 

The members let out ‘aah’s and ‘ooh’s and look at each other as if in deep thought, pondering and contemplating, considering the question really seriously. Yoongi knew that the members had to be careful when answering this question. Despite giving away their fantasy, they had to make sure to provide with a diplomatic answer so as to not create a fuss among the female fans. So obviously, who else but the leader would answer first?

“I like a girl who has good taste in fashion and also a great personality,” he answers. The members laugh, saying that that was what anyone would want. The leader laughs along with them, making the interviewer move on to the next member. Jin.

“I like any beautiful faced girl,” Jin says, half serious, half jokingly. The other members slap his shoulder and argue that all girls were beautiful. “I guess they’re all my type,” the eldest member laughs. The members are not amused.

J-Hope chooses to answer next, saying that he prefers a bright and cheerful girl over any other type of girls. The maknae adds that he likes people who had good voices and could pull off any type of outfits. Taehyung joins in, saying that he doesn’t have an ideal type but he likes people who are cute and can cook well. The members counter him by saying that his ideal type changes every month and that it is never constant. He gives a sheepish white teethed grin and flashes a quick glance at the maknae and Jimin.

The rapper decides to take the next turn. He knows that the members are only half serious at this question, being very careful about what they were supposed to say. Of course Yoongi had to follow suit. Or the managers would have a good time lecturing him later on. But as Yoongi opened his mouth to answer the question, his eyes catches sight of the dancer in the front line, looking very cheerful and happy. He was enjoying every second of the interview albeit it being somewhat predictable. Jimin was just nice like that. He always tried his best to enjoy everything that he did just because he wanted to. So Yoongi decided to tell the truth. Jimin was a sensitive person deep down inside. He needed to know the real truth.

“As for me,” the rapper began confidently, looking straight into the camera. “I don’t have an ideal type. But as long as the person has a good nature and loves me for who I am, and puts up with my laziness, I’m going to love that person no matter what, regardless of the gender.”

 

Yoongi notices Jin and Rap Monster shoot him warning looks. They’re not scolding him but they’re mentally telling him to be careful even if he really is pouring out his feelings. The managers and the fans would not have as open reactions as the members did when Yoongi decided to reveal to them that he was in love with a guy; and that too, from their same band.

A laugh follows from the maknae and the ebony haired male says, “Suga hyung has always been deep like that.” And Yoongi is half thankful to the growing maknae for saving his like that. God bless that kid.

 

The rest of the interview is filled with fun filled ‘answer the following’ questions (note the sarcasm) but the members take it to their full heart to answer them truthfully and pleasingly. Of course, Yoongi is in the middle of staring at his cheerful boyfriend, his best friend who has been so understanding towards him ever since they had met. He can’t help but feel the pleasure of seeing his boyfriend having so much fun, enjoying himself and showing it to the world with his high pitched cackles.

 

Jimin is asked to perform a little part of their dance and he happily complies, every move flowing out of his body like perfection. And Yoongi couldn’t be more proud. The rapper’s face beams with pride as he recalls back to the times when he used to be jealous of the dancer for being such a hardworking person, despite being blessed with so many talents. But now, all that jealousy is replaced with genuine happiness and pride.

And the best part of it all is that after the dance, Jimin glances back to his boyfriend from the corner of his eye and flashes a small smile at him as if to signify that he knew that he was being watched by him. Yoongi rolls his eyes. He simply loved the cocky side of Jimin. Heck, he loved every side of Jimin.

 

The interview ends with a loud cheer from the members. They all bow down in gratitude towards the staff and the people and they are guided to the buffet table where the staff members had prepared for them some food in case they were tired. As Yoongi was about to go that way, his hand is suddenly yanked by Jimin and Yoongi isn’t surprised that the younger has a completely satisfied look on his face.

“Your ideal type sounds strangely like me,” Jimin teases, his eyes disappearing into crescents as a wide smile forms on his lips. Yoongi rolls his eyes but laughs, entwining their hands and leading the younger towards the table where all the food was kept. Jimin continues, “But I don’t love you.” His eyes are wavering towards the elder, checking if the elder would make any reaction about it. Of course, Yoongi knows that the younger is merely joking but he can’t play along. Because he just loves the younger too much that he can’t take it even if it was a joke.

“But you do. You love me,” the elder states.

Jimin’s eyes glint mischievously. “Oh really?” he provokes the elder. “And how would you know that?”

Yoongi merely chuckles and turns to his companion. He leans down to the slightly smaller male’s ear after making a careful observation on whether anyone was looking at them or not. The answer was the latter because the food seemed more interesting at the moment. And he whispers with a confident smile. “You love me, Park Jimin, because you put up with me even when I’m moody.”

Jimin’s heart does a little side flip to hear this but his actions remain contained. He simply smiles and looks into Yoongi’s eyes as he pulls back. “You know,” the younger says, all the boldness resting on his shoulders. “I think you’re right.” Yoongi turns away from the male, his cheeks dusted slightly in pink. But he doesn’t fail to make a cocky comeback. “Obviously I am.”

 

~~~

Yoongi drowns in the emotions that the song is giving him. It’s just perfect. The tune, the lyrics, the rhythm, the music – everything about the song was perfect.

He closes his eyes and relives the moments where he was perfectly happy. A small smile figured on his fair face as he recalls the very moment where he promises Jimin that he would love him till his heart could take it no more. Jimin seemed skeptical at first, pleading his hyung to not play with his emotions. But then Yoongi had to make this long sappy speech to convince Jimin that he wasn’t joking. He would never kid when he was with Jimin. His emotions were as true as they come. His mind about Jimin was clearer than crystal and his heart for the baby faced beagle was more than pleased upon knowing that the younger had mutual feelings for him.

The Daegu rapper remembers how he promises that even when they are too old to perform, or too weak to do all those spinning flying kicks and those ‘pausing in mid air for the sake of choreography’ , he would love him just because.

Being a very lazy person, Yoongi knows that not even a bull dozer could move him from his bed once he had resolved to fall asleep. But for the younger dancer, he would do anything. He would carry him till his back ached, he would rap and sing for him till his voice disappeared, he would wear that bloody maid costume again just to lighten up Jimin’s mood. For Christ’s sake, he was even willing to perform aegyo for the dancer if it was a solution to make him happy. What could be more romantic than that?

 

But of course, Jimin didn’t need all these things. Ever since Yoongi returned his feelings, he had been nothing but extremely loving towards the Satoori rapper with the slight (but adorable) lisp. He didn’t need Yoongi to lift mountains nor did he need the elder to write endless songs for him. Jimin was just happy being beside him. He was just happy being able to make Yoongi happy.

 

When the two members revealed to the other members about their relationship, the couple didn’t think that they would be fine about it. In fact, they anticipated that they would be disgusted with their uality and would ostracize them. But that was not the case at all.

Jin just hugged the two of them, gloriously announcing that he was so happy for them. J-Hope and Jungkook fist bumped each other, proud at the fact that their hopes and expectations about the YoonMin OTP had come true. Rap Monster congratulated them but at the same time advised them to be careful on how to reveal the news to the managers and the rest of the world. Taehyung, well, he was being himself, asking if he could get to be the priest during their marriage.

 

 

Jimin stirs a little from his position and leans his head on Suga’s shoulder, his eyes fully focused on his device. Suga shifts his position accordingly and sits in such a way that would make the younger comfortable. Jimin smiles and nuzzles his head a little deeper into the body of the elder, fully knowing that Suga would be enjoying every second of the skinship.

And true to Jimin’s thoughts, the lazy rapper of the group smiled a little and sneaked a look at the younger’s head, which was fully pushed onto his face. The waft of raspberries filled Yoongi’s nose and he loved it. Jimin always smelled of strawberries or raspberries. Yoongi concluded that the younger had used his raspberry scented shampoo today.

 

“Hyung,” Suga hears Jungkook whisper in a very low tone. Even though the satoori rapper had on his ear plugs on and was listening to a heart clenching amazing song, he could recognize the maknae’s voice even past those noise cancelling ear plugs.

Jimin nudges Suga and points towards the close to cuddling maknae line. Suga smiles lazily to see the two maknaes being so cute and clingy to each other. They were annoying brats most of the times, always making the most noise out of anything and everything but they were good people. And even though the two maknaes were the main people who teased his beloved Jimin the most, they were also the two people who respected him to their very full level because of his talents and hard work.

Jungkook is talking in his sleep again and he nuzzles into Taehyung’s protective arms even deeper. Suga can see the eomma of the group cooing at the maknaes, frequently slapping J-Hope’s arm so as to warn him to not disturb the two little devils. Taehyung just stirs a little in his sleep but he grasps onto Jungkook tighter with the arm that was latched around the maknae’s shoulder.

 

Jimin pulls out one side of Yoongi’s earplugs and whispers something into his sensitive ears, his hot lips lingering on his cold ear lobes. “We need to set these two brats up.”

Suga chuckles silently. He would consider that with Jimin.

 

The song ends with a final guitar strum and Yoongi feels a sudden emptiness. He stirs a little from his position and sets the song to repeat after which he returns to his original position. Jimin chuckles a little but he remains to lean onto the elder even more.

 

 

The song being played on Jimin’s playlist was a very popular one. It was from their newly released album, a song which was almost as popular as their title song. On a personal note, Jimin loved this song because of many reasons. One main reason of his inclination towards the song was the fact that his amazing producer of a boyfriend created it from scratch. Another was the fact that it focused on the vocals and he was glad that he got to express and display his feat of going higher than Jungkook in the song.

Of course, listening to the song, Jimin was automatically redirected to the time when Yoongi actually began writing the song. Naturally, Jimin was there to help him even though he knew that he wouldn’t be of that much help. But Suga just refused to let him leave the room even when he was of no help and was just disturbing his hyung.

 

“You’re never a nuisance, Jiminnie,” Yoongi says as he grips onto Jimin’s hand extra tightly to refuse his leave from the room. Suga had not gone out of his room for four hours straight and he had even skipped breakfast just to work on the song. Jimin, deciding not to disturb his focused boyfriend, let him be for the whole morning.  But when the clock struck one o clock that afternoon, Jimin had to intervene. He took in a bowl of cereal with milk and probed into the room, being very careful as to not disturb the man at work.

“But I’m not even helping you,” Jimin says, his face forming a half smile. He was touched that he would say this. “Besides, didn’t you always tell on broadcast that I was annoying and noisy?”

Suga, as if he had fairy godmother powers, replies almost immediately with a readymade answer. “You are. But I like it.” Jimin rolls his eyes at the cheesiness and leans down to Suga’s face, his resolve to leave the man alone long gone. He cups the elder’s cheeks and gives him a small peck on the lips. “You’re sappy as they come, aren’t you?” Jimin chuckles, his coffee breath lingering on Suga’s unmade up face. “I have reserves for you.” Suga jokes and pulls him in again for another kiss.

Knowing that he was a real distraction, Jimin pulls away again and tells him to get back to work even though he is on his lap now, sitting very comfortably, straddling him as if they were very much used to the position (which they were but let’s not get into that). “You are my work. You are my everything, Jiminnie,” Yoongi pours cheese all over his sentence and even he himself is aware of the stickiness of that statement.

“Now why don’t you use those lines for your new song?” Jimin says not in a very loud voice. “Girls tend to love that stuff,” he points out, giving one of his cheery eye smiles. Little did Jimin know what those illuminating facial features did to Suga. It made the elder want to hold the younger and never let him go. It made Yoongi feel all jumpy and excited for no particular reason. It made him high and at the same time it made him wasn’t to squish his own stomach so bad because of the twisting and churning. That darned smile made Yoongi want to hold Jimin’s hand, intertwine them with his and never let it go. In short, it made Yoongi fall in love with Jimin all over again.

Yoongi decides to leave the question at that, only returning a scoff. He didn’t think all girls were fans of sappiness but it was true that most girls liked it if not craved for it.

 

 

Jimin watches Suga bite his lower lip in sheer concentration. He was staring at his boyfriend, he knew. But he couldn’t help it. His boyfriend was just too intriguing to be not stared at. Jimin loved everything about Yoongi. The way his eyes disappeared into crescents almost every time, the way his almost white skin contrasted with his dark choice of colors in clothes, the way his thin but sweet lips curved into very lazy smiles. The dancer leans on his own hand which is elbowed on the table on which Suga is writing and sighs out a little louder than expected just because he was staring at his boyfriend. He knows that if he is asked what part about his boyfriend he likes the most, he would go speechless.

Naturally, and like every human beings, Yoongi wasn’t perfect, Jimin knew that. In fact, neither was he. They were far from it. But it was these imperfections which made them like each other even more, which made the two of them treasure each other even more.

Suddenly, Suga clicks his tongue and knits his eyebrows in frustration. Jimin can’t help but mentally coo at how cute it looks but nevertheless, he asks what was wrong.

“I just thought of something annoying,” Suga begins, scratching his head as he leans on against the back of the chair, letting out a groan. Jimin asks good-naturedly, “And that would be?” he waits for an answer.

Yoongi sits back straight and looks right at Jimin, making the younger feel a little flushed. “Even if I create an awesome song, you’ll never get the parts you deserve.”

It becomes Jimin’s turn to knit his eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

Yoongi ruffles some of the papers on the table and picks up something which seems to be buried deep inside, under the other papers on top. “I mean that our maknae gets too much vocal parts. Not to mention, he gets more screen time too.”

Jimin laughs. “He deserves it. He’s talented,” the reply comes. Yoongi pouts a little. “I know he is talented but you’re as equally talented. It just isn’t fair. Your voice sounds equally melodious and you can dance better than him. Why do you get such less vocal parts?” Suga quarrels. Jimin doesn’t take the ‘unfairness’ to heart. Instead, he remains on his stand and supports his point till the end. “I get to hit the high notes in every song. That’s more than enough for me. Besides, if I get all the parts, I would be exhausted by the time the high parts come.”

Suga cringes distastefully. His boyfriend had a point.

“Don’t worry about it,” Jimin assures. But Suga continues to ponder and worry about it. He wants Jimin to show off his voice – his talent to the world. It wasn’t that he hated the maknae for getting more vocals than his boyfriend but he just wanted the songs to be longer so that they could be equal (or at least let Jimin get more parts than that golden maknae).

Jimin laughs to see his boyfriend quarrelling over something so trivial. “Hyung,” he says, reaching for Suga’s hand from across the table. “I’m satisfied with my parts.”

Yoongi sighs. This kid was just too generous.

“Whatever,” the elder says. “But mind you, my next work involves you taking the highest part you have taken yet.” Jimin can’t help but smile at the challenge. “You always make me take the highest pitches in your songs hyung. Do you like torturing me so much?” Suga smirks. “Maybe.”

Jimin just shakes his head. Yoongi returns back to his work but from the corner of his eye, he can see the dancer doodling on a paper with an extra pencil. Childish, he mentally remarks but can’t help his rising emotions towards the smaller male. Knew that he was just so attached and in love with this boy. So, deciding to work extra hard for Jimin’s vocals, Suga exhibits a scribbled piece of paper on the table for only eyes and he contemplates on the title.

Should I finalize on ‘Let Me Know’? He asks himself.

 

 

 

By the time the song reaches its third loop, Suga has gotten the entire structure of the song. It wasn’t a song which falls into his genre. No. But novelty and variety was always nice. And he’s glad he stumbled upon this particular song on the internet on fateful evening.

He knows that he’s going to love Jimin through thick and thin. He knows they’re still young and he knows very well that they’re going to face troubles and all that . Hate is never far away when you’re a human being living in a screwed society and in the worst generation – the current generation. But he knows and is very confident that he’s going to look past all the troubles and differences and societal hate just to be with Jimin.

To quote the lyrics of the song which he was listening to, he is going to love the eye fat filled dancer with the delicious abs till they’re seventy, and even longer than that. This is not hard and it doesn’t even prove to be a challenge because he is falling in love with the younger male everyday without anyone even knowing.

 

He knows that Bangtan Sonyeondan wouldn’t last forever. Please, he was realistic. As time passes, he knows that they were going to disband. Whether it would be because of difference in interests amongst the members or some governmental or entertainment group crap, or of age, he didn’t know. (He hoped it would be last, if at all they disband). The last thing on Min Yoongi’s character list was him being a pessimist. But the first thing was him being a realist so he knew how much of an life was. But despite all this ‘realism’ he knows that he will never stop loving Jimin.

To elaborate on things, Jimin was the only person who could handle Suga’s laziness. And that was saying a lot. Yes, Yoongi has had relationships before Jimin. All girls, obviously. But despite him being infatuated with those girls, he never felt fully in love with them. But with Jimin, he felt complete. Yes, he sounded as gay as Shakespeare’s sonnets (A/N: no offence to any Shakespeare fans. I love him too but I’m just stating my opinion) and Oscar Wilde’s stories (again, no offence intended. I love his works too) but he didn’t give .

To further clear things, Yoongi was not ‘homoual’. He wasn’t one of those people who would fawn over any sweet piece of male (literally and metaphorically). No sir! He was purely ‘Jimin ual’. He simply loved Jimin. That was it. And there was nothing he could do to stop it. Which he definitely didn’t want to.

So he simply knows. He just knows that even when Jimin’s legs don’t work like they used to when he becomes old, and when he can’t lift the younger off of his feet, he knows that he’ll continue loving the younger just because he knew. Because it didn’t matter if he was seventy or twenty three, he was going to love this kid more and ever. This clairvoyance, this assumption wasn’t a gut feeling. Nor was it a logical explanation from the head. No. It was just a simple and tiny whisper from his heart. And he decides to go with it.

 

 

By the time the song reaches the final chorus for the fourth time, Yoongi reaches for Jimin’s free hand and intertwines it with his warm ones. Jimin has a smile on his face, Suga knows, even though he can’t see it. He really doesn’t want to let go.

The younger removes his ear plugs and pockets them. He then turns to his boyfriend, who is holding and gripping his hand so protectively, so warmly that it feels perfect.

“What’s on your mind?” Jimin asks in a low whisper, knowing that even though the elder is listening to music, he can hear him. 

 

Yoongi smiles and lifts Jimin’s hand to his lips, placing a feathery kiss on it leaving the younger to smile in surprise but happiness. “Nothing in particular,” he replies. He sets their hands back down, unplugs one side of his ear plugs with his right hand and hands it to Jimin.

The song has finished its fourth loop but Yoongi thinks he can listen to it many more times.

“Here,” he says, urging the younger to take the ear piece. Jimin takes it with a curious smile and plugs it into his ear.

Before the song begins, Yoongi leans into Jimin’s ear and says that he has found their song. Jimin continues to smile whole heartedly, that sweet expression never leaving his adorably sculpted face. Heavens know that these two will remain to be the perfect, most amiable duo in the entire world.

 

“By the way,” he whispers, “you did well today,” referring to the interview.

Jimin nods appreciatively. “You as well.” And the first plucking of the guitar marks the beginning of the song…

 

 

"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are…."

 

 

A/N:

I just love this cheesy one shot. And the song goes really well with it.

Thanks for reading. Love you so much...

Also, if you're further intersted in more Yoonmin fics, do check out 'In between here and there (and nowhere and everywhere)' by Reeeeeeedhihi. Here's the link ---> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/876052/in-between-here-and-there-and-nowhere-and-everywhere-yoonmin-yoongi-jimin-rapmonster-jungkook-vhope-namjin

 

 

Indefinitely,

TypicalFangirl09