Final

See You Later

Yuri's POV

 

"Appa! Umma! Where are you!" I yelled as I fought my way down the burning hallway.

 

I coughed as I inhaled the smoke. Slowly everything started to turn black. And I was falling.

 

-

 

"Yeah!"

 

I felt someone lift me up into their arms.

 

"I found a kid! I'm going to bring her out!"

 

I felt hot wind brush against my skin and my eyes started to flutter.

 

Why is everything so hot?

 

The last glimpse of the inside of the house that I had once lived in was an image of a family photo being consumed in flames.

 

Than everything went dark.

 

-

 

"Teacher please look after this girl. Her family died in a house fire a week ago."

 

I heard the whispers of the adults who were in the next room.

 

I felt my eyes started to water.

 

And than I was crying.

 

"Umma! Appa!" I sobbed loudly.

 

I heard the sound of chairs scraping against the floor, and I knew that the orphanage lady and the officer were coming to check on me.

 

But before they even stepped out of the room. I was ingulfed in a warm hug.

 

"Shh. It's ok, you can cry all you want." The girl whisphered as she tightened her hold on me.

 

My sobs slowly started to quite, and I finally pulled away from the hug.

 

"Who are you?" I sniffled as I rubbed my eyes with my hands.

 

"My name's Jung Sooyeon. What's yours?" The girl said while smiling at me.

 

-

 

I smiled at the girl infront of me.

 

"Sooyeon let's go play!" I yelled happily while dragging my friend out of the room.

 

"Ha ha, arasso Yul. Let's go." She yelled back while starting to run outside.

 

"Hey, Soo! Let's go together! Hey!" I yelled happily while running after her.

 

We ignored all the scolding and disapproving looks we were getting from the adults in the orphanage, and continued our way happily and noisly outside.

 

-

 

"Hey, Sooyeonie." I said softly as we both sat swinging on the swings

 

"Hmm?" she hummed 

 

"Do you think we'll ever have a family again?"

 

"Hmm. Molla." She answered simply.

 

I dejectedly looked down at my shoes.

 

"Hmm. Molla. But I know we'll have each other." She continued before smiling widely at me

 

I lifted  my head and smiled back at her.

 

"Let's go play!" I shouted, before hopping off the swing, feeling renergized

--

 

"Yuri... Yuri... Yeah, Kwon Yuri!" 

 

" Five more minutes." I muttered while snuggling deeper into my arms. Trying to drift back into dream land.

 

"Yeah!" Taeyeon hissed beside me.

 

"Mwo!" I said while lifting my head up to look at her.

 

She shifter her eyes to the front. And I slowly looked forward. I internally groaned as I realized that everyone was looking at me while the teacher was shooting a glare at me.

 

"Ms. Kwon. Please answer the question." The teacher said

 

I racked my brain and tried to figure out what she was talking about. "x is equal to 19?" I said randomly

 

Emitting laughter from the class. 

 

The teacher continued to glare at me while Taeyeon just facepalmed beside me.

 

"Ms.Kwon detention after school." She said before turning back to the board.

 

"You do know this is English class right?" Sooyoung who was sitting beside me whispered with a tone of amusement.

 

I groaned again before finally sitting up straight in my seat. Deciding that I might as well pretend like I'm paying attention because this was a class I desperately needed to pass.

 

-

 

"Yuri-ah! Let's go hang out !"

 

"Ani, mianhae Sica but I have detention today." I said. Jessica pouted at me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

 

"Next time. Promise." I said while sticking my pinky finger out.

 

"Arraso." She said while leaning forward to seal our promise with a kiss instead.

 

I grinned against her lips but frowned when she pulled away.

 

"He, he. Shoo, hurry up and go to detention Kwon Seobang. Go before you're late, or else the teacher will give you another detention and we won't be able to hang out later.

 

"Arasso Sica arasso." I said while chuckling before leaning down and stealing a kiss from her.

 

"Yeah!" She shouted, a blush forming on her cheeks.

 

"Haha bye Sica!" I yelled before running down the hallway, laughing happily.

 

Before I turned the corner I remembered to turn around and wave to her while sending a flying kiss.

 

I chuckled and turned around when I saw her grinning at me while shaking her fist at me playfully.

 

-

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"You're kidding me... You can't be serious.... You can't be. YOU CAN'T BE!"

 

"I'm sorry Miss. Kwon, there was nothing we could do. There was just to much blood. I'm.... I'm so sorry for your loss."

 

I fell down on my knees

 

"Please, I beg you. Please tell me she's ok. Please tell me she's alright. Please..." I mumbled out. I could feel the tears b in my eyes.

 

"Yuri...." I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

 

I looked up and saw Taeyeon's grim face.

 

She shook her head and I felt my tears drop.

 

"I'm sorry." She whispered

 

I couldn't believe this. I... I just couldn't. She wasn't gone. She wasn't dead. She couldn't be.... She just.... just couldn't be.

 

"No." I whispered "No..." I dropped my head and let my tears fall.

 

She was gone.

 

She was gone....

 

She was gone.......

 

-

 

I cried.

 

I cried endlessly as I sat in front of her grave.

 

It's been a year....

 

One whole year without you....

 

I miss you...

 

But I can't say good bye, not yet, not ever.

 

You know how much I hate goodbyes.

 

You know how much I hate it when people tell me that they're leaving.

 

But we didn't say goodbye, and you didn't leave.

 

You didn't leave because you'll forever be in my heart.

 

And we didn't say good bye beause....

 

We said "See you later."

 

I know we'll see each other again, whether it be in heaven our in our next lives. We'll see each other again.

 

We'll see each other again because we never said good bye, we only ever said see you later.

 

So see you later Sica.... I'll miss you until we meet again.

 

I slowly got up from my kneeling position in front of the grave and left.

 

"See you later." I whispered as I left the grave with those words and a single white rose. Because after all....

 

You use to love that color.

 

 

 


White is associated with a new beginning, innocence, honesty, purity, and goodness

-Shadowpanda