1/1

Diamond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: warning! only lightly proofread. 1.5k of taekook mush ahead 

 

Jungkook finds it hard to breathe when Taehyung is V, all bright hair and deep collarbones, firm legs squeezed into pants two sizes too small. Times like these, the younger really feels more like a hormonal teenage fan than the Amazing Golden Maknae.

It’s their first Hormone War comeback stage, and Jungkook doesn’t know whether to curse or thank their coordi-noonas for the mesmerizing purple in Taehyung’s hair and the low-cut shirt revealing half his shoulder. In the deafening cheers as Bangtan waits on either side backstage for the opening bars of their song, all Jungkook sees is his youngest hyung across the stage, eyes wide and bright in the stage lights. Taehyung’s gaze catches his then, and the elder takes the lollipop out from his mouth for just a moment, just long enough to flash a breathtaking grin at Jungkook. In the opening bars of Hormone War, a warm bubble of fondness blooms in Jungkook’s chest, and he can’t help but smile back.

The adrenaline from performing takes a while to cool off, so Jungkook isn’t surprised when he gets an armful of a certain violet-haired hyung barreling into him the moment they’re off-stage.

“Kookie, Kookie, Kookie-”

“Yah, Taehyung-ah, can’t you keep your hands off Jungkook even for a minute?” Hoseok makes a show of lecturing the younger, but the grin on his face gives it all away.

Taehyung giggles, deep and airy, but his grip on Jungkook doesn’t loosen.

Hoseok laughs, and Yoongi joins him for a moment to ruffle Taehyung’s hair lightly, before everyone parts ways in the waiting room to get some much-deserved rest.

Jungkook and Taehyung settle on the couch, and the elder swings his legs up to sprawl himself across Jungkook’s lap.

“I know I’m irresistible, hyung.” Jungkook teases, his thumbs already tracing circles into the other’s shoulder blades through his thin tee.

“I can’t help it when you look so good,” Taehyung whines from where his head is leant onto the younger’s broad shoulder, absentmindedly poking his thin fingers into the holes in Jungkook’s red and black striped sweater. “The coordi-noonas just had to give you this sweater again.”

Jungkook just laughs, nuzzling his nose into Taehyung’s hair. “Looks like the effect you have on me is mutual, hmm?”

Taehyung only hums in response. With the little rest they’ve gotten because of the concert, and how amazingly comfy his sweater is, Jungkook isn’t surprised Taehyung is dozing off against his chest. The younger leans back further into the couch to let the other sit more comfortably against his torso, wrapping an arm tightly around the elder’s waist to hold him snugly to himself. He can feel the elder’s fingertips against his bare skin, right where they’ve been fisted lightly into one of the holes in his sweater, and his warm, even puffs of air against his shoulder.

For a moment, there’s peace, but then again peace never lasts long if Bangtan is concerned.

Pretty Age 25 starts blasting through the waiting room and suddenly Bangtan is bursting forth from nowhere, converging towards the large TV hanging off the wall. This includes Taehyung who is miraculously awake again, scrambling off the couch with Jungkook in tow.

“I thought you were sleepy, hyung.” Jungkook is pulled right into the centre of what seems like a mini clubbing session, laughing so hard his ribs hurt.

Taehyung looks incredulous at Jungkook’s words. “Yah, this is Song Jieun sunbaenim we’re talking about!”

The camera they use for bombs is trained on them aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter