Chapter 1

Trapped

"Alright class, please turn to page 69 in your-" 

Every student in the room bursted into giggles. Mr. Kim shut his eyes and took a deep breath, trying his best to keep calm.

Class 2 was like this every day. No. Scratch that, all classes were like this every day. At least 90 percent of students wouldn't, and couldn't behave themselves. The tough ones rarely followed the uniform policy. They couldn't go a day without interrupting the class.

Not only was school chaotic, Chanyeol's seat mate was a try-too-hard comedian wannabe. Honestly, at first his jokes were funny. But repeating the same stupid accent over and over again can really tick the boy off.

"Can you please stop doing that?" Chanyeol irritatedly switched his gaze from his paper to the boy sitting across from him.

"Doing what?" said boy looked up as well. 

The taller's left eye twitched. "Kicking the table! It's very bothersome and I can't write properly so can you quit it?" 

"Okay, okay," 

Sure enough, the kicking stopped. Only to be replaced by Chanyeol's seat mate pounding lightly on the table. 

"Hyunseol!" Chanyeol snapped.

"What?"

Chanyeol threw his head back and slumped further down his seat. "Lord have mercy," he whispered. This was not the first time it happened. And judging from the looks of it, definitely not the last. 

"This is your homework for tonight. Be sure to right it down and get a worksheet on your way out," Mr. Kim sounded exhausted. Rightfully so.

Exhaling deeply, Chanyeol hung his backpack from one shoulder and left the room as soon as the other kids did. He liked getting out last so he wouldn't be shoved by the people behind him. He learned his lesson the first year of highschool. 

"Chanyeollie~" he felt a tug on his sleeve and knew who it was without looking.

Kim Jongin was a sweet and loving boy, a bit shy at times. Although he may look like one of those playboys you usually see in shoujo mangas, he's really fun to be around once you get to know him.

"There's a new kid," Jongin said casually. Chanyeol's eyebrows met. 

New kid? He didn't know anything about a new kid. Nobody told him. Did the kid enroll today? What class was he in? How high is his IQ? Is he hot?

No. None of the new kids were ever attractive.

The last one ate her fries with mustard and ranch, and her salads with ketchup. The one before that ate like a pig, but never gained a single pound. 

Chanyeol let out a silent laugh. "How's Kyungsoo?"

Jongin frowned at Chanyeol's words, and didn't respond.

Chanyeol imediately regretted mentioning his best friend after seeing the other boy bite his lip nervously. He was praying for Kyungsoo's life. The older knew very well he meant the world to Jongin. He'd do anything just for him.

Neither of the two spoke the entire way to 5th period, Biology.

 

➺➺➺  ➺➺➺  ➺➺➺ ⚜ ➻➻➻  ➻➻➻  ➻➻➻

 

It was the usual; you come in, unpack, write down important details, pack up, then proceed to the next class. Bish bash bosh, one day of school. Though Chayeol had earlier had some opinions on new kids, he was interested in who it might be. 

"Mrs. Choi, is it true there's a new student in our class?" one of his classmates asked without raising their hand. The teacher replied anyways.

"Yes, actually. In fact, he's right outside the door. Would you mind introducing yourself, young man?" Mrs. Choi smiled at the doorway where a petite brunet stood, gripping onto his backpack straps as if life depended. When Chanyeol looked up, he could clearly see hesitation in the boy's eyes. 

After several long seconds, the kid finally built up the courage to head next to Mrs. Choi and face the entire class. He acted carefully as though if he made a single mistake the devil himself will burst through the ground and devour him whole.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you!" 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the sudden change of mood. The boy just went from nervous and shy to the complete opposite in a split second! 

He suddenly caught Baekhyun's gaze flicker towards him, then back to the entire class as if they never made eye contact. He rolled his eyes, and seeing nothing interesting about him anymore, he put his head down in attempt to get some sleep. 

A few moments later he felt footsteps coming towards him, and a hand slapping down on the taken spot right next to him.

"I want to sit here," Baekhyun declared, grinning so happily it almost looked fake. Chanyeol lifted his head to glare at him.

"Uh, that seat's taken," he says coldly. Baekhyun didn't seem to care about Chanyeol's attitude towards him, or even notice.

"I want to sit here," the boy repeats, in a more firm tone. 

"But I'm sitting here," Jongin looks up at him and the two engage into a staring contest that lasted for about 5 seconds before both look away at the same time. 

Mrs. Choi watches the scene in front of her, and says, "Baekhyun may sit next to Chanyeol for today. Jongin will have to sit in a different seat."

The two friends stare at eachother with incredulous expressions. Jongin sighs, before grabbing his things and moving to an unoccupied desk, which had to be all the way across the room. He quickly glances at Chanyeol right before taking a seat.

The tall male glared at his new seat mate and huffs in annoyance. Did this kid just walk into the room and kick another student out of their seat? And that wasn't exactly the thing that pissed Chanyeol off so much; it was the fact that the idiot kept that stupid smile on his face the entire time. Normally people would find that creepy but for Chanyeol he just looked plain retarded.

Poor Jongin.

Chanyeol barely got to focus on what Mrs. Choi was saying due to Baekhyun practically watching his every move like some ert. He would glare back at him from time to time and the would grin playfully, which only angered him to no end. He looked at him as if watching his favorite anime or drama. Like the boy was the most interesting creature in the world.

After a painful hour of attention, the bell rings and Chanyeol packs up and stands up when he realizes his seat mate was rushing to pack his own stuff. "Should've known," Chanyeol thinks as Baekhyun starts to follow him wherever he went like a dog and its owner. He thought the boy doesn't know where the cafeteria was and was following him to find out, but then saw that he was clutching onto a lunchbox of his own.

Eyes narrowing, he had Baekhyun follow him into the restroom. Once the were both in he turns around and halts, making the shorter boy collide into him. 

Looking up, Baekhyun seemed to shrink under the his glare. Eyes dilating in fear, he slightly parted his lips to speak but was cut off before he could utter a single word.

"Why are you following me?" Chanyeol demands calmly. He was frowning, waiting for a response. Baekhyun shuddered at the height difference. Chanyeol could knock him out in one move, he was sure.

"I-I..." He stuttered. It would've been much easier to run away and never look back if he wasn't frozen in his spot. 

"You...?" 

"I'm...I'm sorry!" the shorter boy bowed 90 degrees, squeezing his eyes shut. "P-please forgive me..! I'm not good at making friends... No one wanted to be friends with me at my previous school."

Chanyeol cocked his head in amusement as he suddenly realized something. This boy is somewhat...cute. "Dude-"

"I was picked on for being clingy and annoying. I was picked last for everything...I was bullied," he looked straight into Chanyeol's eyes, tears b his own. "I understand if...if you think I'm bothersome. Just please don't hurt me!"

Chanyeol just wanted to give him a hug and say 'I forgive you!' but instead, he deliberately raised his fist and took a step closer, just to see how the other would react.

Baekhyun squealed and jumped away. He used his arms to shield himself, and Chanyeol almost laughed at the fact that he chose to stand there and wait for the impact instead of running for his life. How dumber can he be?

"Learn to defend yourself. No wonder you got bullied," he dropped his fist and walked out the door. He was starving.

Baekhyun's face heated up, and he covered his checks with both hands. That was embarrassing.

 

"Jongin, Jongin...where is he...?" Chanyeol muttered under his breath as he looked around for Jongin. He eventually found him sitting and laughing with a group of kids that he only recognized a few of. He couldn't help but feel jealous. His friends never hang out with him anymore. 

"Ugh!" he spun around to leave but crashed into someone, and ended up being on top of him. 

"What the-" the rainbow haired male glared up at him. 

", everyone's looking," Chanyeol thought furiously and was about to get off of him but was harshly pushed so his back slammed against the lockers behind him. 

"Lu-Luhan!" he looked up to see the rainbow haired boy dragging away the guy named Luhan. He had light brown hair and his eyes resembled a deer. He stared at Chanyeol as if he just killed everything he ever loved. 

"Hyung, let's go..!" he reluctantly followed the other boy and they both disappeared behind a corner.

As if on cue, the first bell rang and Baekhyun chose that moment to come over and help him up. "Omo...Are you okay?! What happened?" 

Straightening his clothes, the taller replies, "I'm fine, just a misunderstanding." He sprints to class, leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Damn, that was a ty chapter -.- sorry about that... The beginning of fanfics are always awkward for me so don't mind that. Promise, I'll do better next time.