Haneul's story

Infatuated with your Song

Moving to Seoul four year years ago wasn't as refreshing as I thought it would be.  Settling in a new home, attending a new high school, and seeing unfamiliar faces was too much for me to deal with, especially during my first year here in Korea.  

I was born and raised in the "land of opportunities", also known as the United States of America. My life was great over there. I had a happy family, a roof over my head, and a happy smile. On my seventh birthday I recieved a violin from my father, which is one of the most beautiful instruments ever crafted. I spent hours practicing every day and found myself improving really fast within the first few years. People praised me for my talent and I must say, my performances were quite flawless. But around the age of thirteen, on a Friday evening that I've never forgotten, my father had passed away in a car accident while driving home from a business meeting. And ever since hitblissful life I once had made its way down to hell. I  developed a whole new personality and character that others didn't appreciate. I ceased to play the violin and never touched it again. My mother also went through changes as well, but not in a pleasant way. She turned into a disgusting, greedy woman.  She married off to an American man who she'd only been seeing for about a month. He was of elite status, understood and spoke Korean as a second language, and was the type to attract every woman who layed eyes on him.  He reeked of filthy dollar bills, expensive cologne, and cigarettes. The scent lingered on my mother's clothes and porcelain skin, making  me build a wider distance between the both of us. She maintained a steady marriage with the man for a solid year, but within that year were harsh and vulgar words spilled out of their mouths and the sound of breaking objects that echoed inside the house. Soon enough it all resulted to a nasty divorce.

Surprising? No. I was well aware of the outcome and I've warned the woman countless times, but she was blinded by his wealth and foreign. She's a fool. The biggest fool I know. Moving to Korea, and even after the divorce, her love for money and lust had only increased. She takes little notice of my very own existence. The only thing she brings home isn't a bag of groceries, but a drunken man. Almost every night she brings home a different one and it's happened numerous times that my eyes have already gotten used to her scandalous behaviour. Really, it's a shame to call her my mother but reality smacks me so hard that I have to face the fact that I came out of her  damn womb.

I have no one I keep close to me. Making friends isn't on my to do list. Instead, I exclude myself from everybody. I have no intention of having anyone involved in my life. I'm alone and it's just me, myself, and I. 

....and I like it that way.

 

 

Or do I...



The story will start on the next chapter...look forward to it! ~ c: