Just Another Name On Your Heart

Just Another Name On Your Heart - Jinyoung

White flakes of snow started to fall outside of the large windows of the library, fog grew on the edges of the large windows, while you gathered your books and slipped them into your backpack. Pulling your cherry colored pea coat over your white knit sweater and skinny black jeans. Placing the books you wanted to check out into your arms, you lifted your backpack onto one shoulder before you walked to the large black desk. Your eyes dropped down to your brown boots, finished off your outfit as they stopped a few inches short from your knees, as you waited in line to check out the books in your arms.

"Thank you" You cooed to the librarian as she finished checking out your mountain of books.

Heading over to a table, you slipped some of the books into your backpack while your eyes saw the flakes get larger. Slipping your backpack back on, you held a few books in your hands as you pushed open the large oak door.

Cautiously moving down the frosted over steps, you walked down the lightly dusted sidewalk while beautiful snowflakes floated all around you. Humming some songs to yourself, you stuck out your tongue and tried to catch the delicate flakes of snow on your tongue.

Too occupied with catching snowflakes, you didn’t notice a familiar face watching you from afar. Once you caught a snowflake on your nose, you let out a laugh while you pressed your books in your arms against your chest. The familiar face heard your laugh and automatically knew who you were, lifting a book or two off of the bench, he tucked them under his arm as he trotted up behind you.

”_____!” The stranger called. Stopping in your tracks, your heart started to pick up automatically. Looking over your shoulder slowly, the man came into view as he smiled at you. “Remember me?”

Thinking for a few seconds, your brain matched the name up to his face while all of the memories came with his name.

"Bonhwa… what are you doing here?" You questioned quietly, not really excited to see your ex boyfriend again.

"I go to school here now" He beamed, "Wow, I have been wishing to see you again" He sighed, his eyes started to look you over while his tongue grazed over his lips.

"Why?" You cleared your throat and took a slight step back feeling a little uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Meanwhile, your current boyfriend, Jinyoung was leisurely walking from the music building to go meet you at the library. Seeing two figures in the distance, he squinted his eyes and saw your cherry red jacket along with the black backpack that you begged him to use just for the day, since it had more room for books than your own backpack. Inching closer to the two of you, he had a feeling that he needed to watch your conversation just in case.

"I wanted to ask you a question" Bonhwa reached out and placed his hand on your arm as you back up and moved out of his loose grip.

"Yeah" You fidgeted around just wanting to leave him already, but being polite you thought you should stick around to at least hear his question.

"Would you take me back as your boyfriend?" Bonhwa’s excited tone calmed down into a sincere voice. Lifting your eyes you couldn’t believe what he just asked you.

"Y-Y-You want m-me to take you b-back?" You repeated to make sure that you heard him clearly.

"Please" He cooed before pulling out your favorite flower from behind his back.

"No" You told him clearly, turning away from him you started walking again.

"Wait! Why not?" He questioned trotting back up to your side, not being done talking to you.

"Do you even remember what you did to me? All of those broken promises, and you going around and trying to make me jealous so I would fight for you? I couldn’t do it back then and I am not going to do it to myself again." You told him sternly.

"Why not? I loved you" He stepped in front of you which caused you to stop in your tracks.

"I love someone else now" Your gaze fixated on his eyes trying to be as honest as possible with him.

"H-How could you r-r-replace me so easy?" He questioned, his jaw clenching as you knew he was getting angry.

"You hurt me so bad that it was easy to get over you, but I love the man I am with now, and nothing you can say or do can make me come back to you" You laid down your feelings before you walked around him.

His strong hand grabbed your arm and turned you back around to him.

"No one replaces me that easily" He growled.

Jinyoung came out from hiding behind the trees that he was using to spy on you. Walking up next to you, your head turned hearing the crunching of snow underneath someone’s feet.

"Can I help you?" Jinyoung stood close to you, his hands in his pockets while his eyes looked into Bonhwa dark eyes.

"No, we were just talking" Bonhwa played it off cool with a smile curling onto his lips.

"Then can I ask why you are holding my girlfriend’s arm?" Jinyoung tilted his head slightly in intimidation. Bonhwa’s eyes looked down at his grip that held you like a vice.

"Who are you to take my girlfriend away from me" Bonhwa tried to pull you over to him but you held your ground.

"Ex girlfriend" You corrected

"Let her go, I’m warning you" Jinyoung pulled his hands out of his pockets and let them rest at his sides getting ready to use them if necessary.

"What are you going to do about it?" Bonhwa threatened still trying to pull you over to his side.

"I am going to get her back, no matter what the cost" Jinyoung told him, "No matter what we do, it is up to her to decide who she dates. If she breaks up with both of us then that is a risk I am willing to take to protect her from such a horrible memory like yourself."

"You know what? You two are just made for each other" Bonhwa quickly released you and pushed you causing you to stumble into Jinyoung.

His arms wrapped around you and held you against his chest letting your arms snake around him and hold him closer to you.

"You both are losers" Bonhwa snarled

"You’re just jealous" Jinyoung smiled at him while your head turned into his chest. For Bonhwa that was the last straw, turning around he walked the opposite direction and disappearing into the thickening snow.

"Jagi, are you okay?" Jinyoung turned his attention to you once Bonhwa was out of his sight.

"I’m okay, just glad that you were here to save me" You looked up at him with your rosy cheeks. Leaning down and pressing his lips on your forehead, you felt his warmth and love radiate down through the kiss to your head.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to get some hot chocolate with me?" He questioned, gently pulling away while slipping one hand down into yours.

"That sounds perfect" You smiled while lacing his fingers with yours, taking your books from your hands, he slipped your intertwined hands into his coat pocket as you slid your other hand into your coat pocket.

"How long were you watching us?" You questioned him curiously as the two of you walked down the snow covered sidewalk.

"I saw when he asked you to take him back" Jinyoung moved his thumb over your fingers.

"You know… I didn’t choose him to be my boyfriend, he chose me" You confessed

"I know, I heard all about it from your friends" He blushed on his already rosy cheeks

"What?" You giggled looking up at him

"When I first started to like you, I went to your friends to see if you were in a relationship and they told me you were and then they told me all about the relationship with you and Bonhwa and I couldn’t wait to call you mine." He leaned over and kissed your temple.

"A-A-Ah" You stuttered a little feeling your stomach churn in knots while your heart skipped a few beats.

"Don’t worry, you are going to be with me forever, so you don’t have to worry about crossing out another name on your heart." Jinyoung smiled while you smiled at him.

"You really are perfect" You leaned over and kissed his chilled cheeks

"I’m just me" He whispered while his head dropped

"You’re still perfect" You cooed

"Noooo" He whined cutely shaking his head, allowing all of the snowflakes to fall off of his head.

"Yessss" You sang while squeezing his hand

"Fine… you win the time because I don’t like to argue with you" He whispered trying to seem defeated.

"I win! But what does the winner get?" You questioned him while biting your lip gently.

"Extra whipped cream on your hot chocolate and a kiss?" He offered shyly

"Perfect, just like the rest of you" You moved closer to him and rested your head on his shoulder as the two of you took your time walking through your winter wonderland to the cafe on campus.