END

Baby Steps
Elly walked into the living room with two big bowls of popcorn, "okayy I'm back!! Be careful, the bowls are hot!" At her exclamation the three people in the room looked up at her. Her boyfriend, Hyuk, was sprawled out alone on the love seat watching the awkward scene in front of them. April and Taekwoon were sitting on the couch......with a whole cushion of space between them. 
 
Taekwoon had his arms crossed over his chest, avoiding making eye contact with Hyuk and April. Elly handed him a bowl, "share with April." He stared at the bowl for a little bit before softly speaking, "do I have to?" Hyuk was looking curiously between the two sitting on the sofa and noticed the flash of shock and hurt on April's face. It was gone as soon as it appeared, but it had registered. She was upset. Elly shot Taekwoon a look, "Yes. You have to." 
 
The absence of the fond tone and "oppa~" calling that she normally used did not go unnoticed. He quickly looked up at Elly; sharp eyes inquisitive with their glance. Her back was already to them as she made her way to sit down next to Hyuk. He put his arm around her as she rested comfortably into his side. 
 
Hyuk cleared his throat to ease some of the tension, "'Spirited Away' is fine right? We have it on blu-ray~" Elly chuckled fondly, "You're such a weeb. No one's going to want to come over if we force them to watch anime all of the time. Let's watch 'Harry Potter'" April perked up at the suggestion and Hyuk sighed while popping in the DVD. How did it get that way?
 
This was all Taekwoon's fault! He was the one who bored holes into April's skull when they first met at the Valentine's day party last week. He was the one who covered his face with his hands whenever his friends tried to pry information out of him as to WHY he was giving the adorable girl what seemed to be a glare the whole night. It was Hakyeon who immediately understood and watched the proceedings with a smug grin. After Taekwoon tried to beat the hell out of Jaehwan for teasing him about his "wickle cwush" every member of their friend group understood. Taekwoon liked April. He didn't know what it was, maybe the animated way that she talked or the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs; he wanted to be around her. 
 
Hyuk took it upon himself to set the wheels in motion. After all, it was HIS girlfriend's "twin" and Taekwoon was like a big brother to Hyuk. This was the least he could do. Elly was extremely excited about the prospect of hooking April and Taekwoon up. She adored Taekwoon and April was her best friend, why wouldn't she want them to be together?! Turns out that the couple didn't exactly think things through when they decided to invite the others over for a spontaneous movie night. 
 
Elly puffed up her cheeks annoyed and side eyed Taekwoon as the movie played with silence from the viewers. Feeling her gaze on him, they locked eyes. He silently searched for an explanation in that way that only he has and she crossed her arms and scowled. He knew that he must have screwed up somehow, Elly never got mad at him. What had he done? April was ITCHING to get her hands on the popcorn. How could she not snack with the buttery aroma wafting through the air. She called out to him in a whisper, "Taekwoon oppa...can you please pass the popcorn?" 
 
Taekwoon's ears burned red as he handed her the bowl. He avoided her gaze, knowing the he would definitely end up covering his face with his hands if he did. April herself blushed, confused as to if she had upset him or maybe said the wrong thing? Maybe she should have called him "ssi"? It was too late now, she stared at the side of his face and pondered. His head slowly turned and their eyes met. He quickly stood up, "do you want a drink?" Surprised at the sudden movement, April managed to stutter out a confirmation. Elly and Hyuk smirked at each other, as Elly once again snuggled into his side. 
 
Coming back from the kitchen, Taekwoon handed her a soda as he sat down again. April had scooted over onto the middle cushion so that they could share the popcorn together. They were both painfully shy with regards to each other, but after that gesture of kindness Elly and Hyuk were sure that they'd be okay.