What matters now

Always been you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Sora had always been a diligent student. From 7th grade to 11th grade, only once did she take a leave from school and hated the fact that her ever perfect attendance was tarnished due to that high fever which thankfully lasted only for a day. Her strong will to be fine helped her through. Though she is not exceptionally intelligent amongst other students, she was seen as smart.

"I am now on my 12th grade, I can not be more excited!" She gleefully told herself.

Sora had a normal school life. She surrounded herself with good friends, enjoyed her youth and engaged with fun endeavors of what is expected from a normal young girl....and there was Leeteuk. The boy Sora has had set her eyes on. To her, he was perfect. Charming, utterly good looking with a genuinely sweet smile, flawless skin and... 

"Hey! You are looking at him again, stop day dreaming will you?!" one of Sora's friends teased.

"I really like him, not even once had he looked at me. Does he even know I exist?" Sora rhetorically muttered and cradled her chin on her left hand.

"He knows you of course, we are all in the same class, how can he not know? uhhm... let us just say, he does not care though hahaha!" Another friend mindlessly butted in while chomping on her sandwich.

This was one of those regular conversations Sora would always have with her friends. She was not an inch close to being offended as she knew for a fact that she was not the type of girl Leeteuk would have interest in. He liked flashy and feminine girls. Sora was the opposite. She was a bit clumsy and immature. She silently loved him in one secluded corner of her world and that was enough for her.

*****

"Ouch.. my feet hurts, when would this practice ever gonna end? All we need to do is go on stage, get our certificates and go home. Why the need to undergo this gruelling practice?" Sora's friend complained.

Finally graduation day is coming near and Sora had been looking forward to it.  The thought of being in college life thrilled her.

 

On the last round of the dry run, Sora saw Leeteuk on the opposite side of the stage.

"Oh my God! He would be my partner?! Oh my God! what am I supposed to do? I feel like collapsing right now! My heart is beating really fast, I am being serious!" Sora almost gibberishly exclaimed. She grabbed her purse and cluelessly digged inside as if looking for something to pacify her.

"Will you please calm down? You will just walk up the stage. It is not like Leeteuk will propose? hahaha!" Sora's friend playfully poked.

*****

The graduation ceremonies finally came to an end. However, the supposed "Partnership" on stage as Sora called it - between herself and Leeteuk  did not happen due to the last minute adjustment on the line up of  students. Sora missed an opportunity to get near him as she had hoped.

-- 10 Years passed --

 

"Why do you work too hard? You are old enough to get married. Take it easy at least find a man to complete you" Sora's friend demanded.

Sora became a sucessful young woman and has been highly regarded by her peers due to her wit and outgoing vibe. 

"I am fine. Besides, I have not found anyone I like" Sora reasoned.

"Don't tell me it is still Leeteuk all this time?" Her friend knowingly stared. "Oh well, we will have a class reunion next week. You should attend".

Sora looked up at her hopeful. Her friend shooked head in disbelief and surrendered "Alright, come and join us. I take no for an answer. Everything is set and yes.... your Leeteuk will be there too!".  

The last statement was music to Sora's ears. "My Leeteuk... ". Sora shyly bowed down her head smiling and mindlessly tossed the hot coffee straight into and shrieked.

"Gosh Sora! I am only inviting you to a reunion, I did not say Leeteuk will marry you!" her friend laughed in tears and handed her a tissue to wipe the mess she spilled.

*****

"Ok we should all enjoy this night. Plenty of sumptous food and booze are in house, let us consume every drops and pieces!"

Loud music and laughters filled the entire hall. Some formed in groups and chatted endlessly.

Sora and her friends sat on a table near the far right window. They updated themselves about life and work and laughed at the silly old antics they did during 12th grade. 

"Ok enough of the embarrassing memories of the past. How about we play truth or dare?" Sora's friend suggested.

"Sora, truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter