1.

Stripper

Her body went rigid beneath mine and I knew that she had reached her peak and I followed suit. We had come down from our high breathless and panting. I cleaned her and sent her out afterwards. My life goes like this every single night, sometimes day – depends on how badly I need the money. I sighed.

I am a stripper for as long as I can remember, I mean, since my parents disowned me. Why? I told them I’m biual. Perhaps it wouldn’t be a big deal to you, but for them that is a complete NO. You see, they are conservative and consider themselves as primary supporter of Christianity, so my uality is practically a big deal for them.  They said they cannot accept an abomination as a child and that they didn’t want to ruin the family name. My life is pathetic, you may say. But I’ve nowhere to go, let alone a single cent in my pocket.

I heard my name being called in the intercom and I quickly left the room and hurried down the lobby only to know that I’ll be having a new costumer. I let out an inward groan. Not even half an hour since my last costumer. Oh well, as if this was any less usual.

I waited,  I’m pretty sure my costumer would be a girl – well, made me please a guy only once , that was when I was new - something of a initiation ritual or something. The person went into the room and I gasp. He’s a man, and he’s gorgeous. He stared at me – just staring, I was about to approach him when he suddenly gripped my shoulders.  He looked straight at me, like he was seeing through the depths of my soul and it sent shivers down my spine. “Aiden, what did you do to your life?”, the man let out a soft sigh and then leaned his head on my shoulder. “Hey, I know you probably don’t remember me, hell, you probably don’t know me but I was one of your classmates in high school, and I- I kinda had feelings for you. I didn’t have any courage to approach you because well, you were always the star of everyone and I’m just a nobody. But what happened?”

I raised my head and looked at him - I remember him. I saw him almost every day at school but I never really paid any attention, well partially because I was always surrounded by whims who want a taste of me – rather my money, and partially because he is always so quiet that I once thought he’s a nerd. But I like him though, he never once stuck his nose into someone’s business.

He sighed. “I didn’t know what happened back then Donghae, but I know one thing for sure. You are not meant to be in here. Donghae, get out of here. Why are you even here in the first place?” I let out a choked sob and stared at him, his words stabbing right through me and put me into realization.

            I stared at him, into his eyes, wondering why this man had bothered to come here in the first place. I wanted to believe that he came for a good time but looking at him, I saw something more. I wanted to punch the daylights out of him and at the same time I wanted to kiss him for making me realize how much of a stupid idiot I am and how I wasted my life – not trusting either way, I opted to hug him, tight.

            “Thank you. Thank you so much. You made me realize just how foolish I am, wasting myself just because of people who couldn’t bring themselves to care about their son. You changed me, Hyukjae. I can never thank you enough, can I?” I let out a soft chuckle, feeling warm and fuzzy all over I hesitantly continued, “I’ll change. I won’t ever let myself be put down because of my uality ever again. I should’ve done this a long time ago, but perhaps I haven’t found the one who’ll put me out of my misery. I’ve lost hope Spencer, I was completely empty when they said those ruthless words and gave me scars. I- I” he hushed me. I wasn’t even aware that I’m already crying. “I will change Hyukjae, for me, for you. I’ll show them how wrong they are for not opening their minds to people like us.” 

He chuckled, ruffling my “Yes, Donghae. But first, let’s get you out of here.”

I was happy. I’m not sure how I’d start again, or how I would face my parents afterwards. Hell, I’m not even sure what’s waiting for me outside. I just knew I wanted to start anew and this man, I wanted it to be with him, so I looked up to him and asked, “Hey, I said I wanted to change and start again, would you mind being a part of it?”

He smiled- the most beautiful smile I ever saw and said “Of course. I’ll always be here.”