Risa ! - Riyuu

A Shattered Heart

“Risa! Sato kun from next class is calling you!” My classmate called. Suddenly, the girls stormed at my desk and looking furious and curious.

“Risa. You are a friend of Sato Shori kun? Oh my goodness, how can you managed to be his friend whereas we are from the last class?!” Hah? What is the problem though…..?

“So? Are you his big fan?” I asked. Silence occur.

“Erm, not exactly but he is in the good class compare to us. I feel so ashamed that my brain is not good as his. Try to get close to his classmates and introduce us to them. Okay?” Pfftttttttt, why would I do that!

I was about to go out but then Sato is already at my table, freaking the ladies out. “Hi.”

“Kyaaa!!!”

Ouch.

“You are pretty fast. And by the way, I didn’t make my mind to meet them either. Send my regards. If I want to, I will give you a call later on.” I said to Sato, slinging my bag at my shoulder and walked out of the class.

“Hey! Risa! Wait up!” I heard he called me along footsteps catching my tracks. He got my wrist and spun my body around; facing him.

“What?”

“Please. Just for this time. They really want to see you.” He begged.

“Listen Sato. I have never agreed to go and I don’t like to get involved in these idols, actors actresses or showbiz things. That is why I didn’t even know you were an idol because I have never seen you in tv at all or actually I have never watched. I’m sorry for being harsh. Please send my apologies to your members. I’m really worried about my results. That is the point why I don’t want to go.” I said. He let go of my wrist slowly and turned his head away.

“We can help you as a return. You and me, the two of us can study together in our practice room. I promise that.” He said.

“You want me to see them in this situation? With my school uniforms?”

“I don’t mind. They don’t mind.”

“No. I will think first. See you later.” I said and left the hall. When I recall what I have said to him, it was really harsh. I should have just reject politely. But if I don’t do that way, he will cling around and begging me to go to his workplace and meet his friends.

I didn’t realise while I was walking thinking about what I have done to Sato, I was already in front of a convenient shop. From here to his place will take less than 10 minutes and from here to my house took less than 5 minutes. I went into the shop and bought a few lunch sets and drinks. With two full plastic bag of food, I went back home and had a short break to bath and change my clothes.

“I’m going out to my friend’s place.” I said to my dad who was reading his biography book that he just bought two days ago.

Finally I’m standing right in front of the auto-security door with two hands held tight the plastic bags. I put one of the plastic and swipe the card that Sato handed to me earlier. I was thankful that I don’t have the code because I’m worried I might become a crazy fan one day and broke into the building. I know I’m not that kind of person but who knows…? Destiny can change and people can change.

I used the elevator straight to y Zone’s waiting room. The door was closed so I took the urge to knock and the same person who greeted me first is ermm that white man looking. I forgot his name. God. Ma.. Oh yeah, his name is Marius.

“Risa! Hi!”

I bowed a little and smiled. “Hello. We meet again.”

“Shori kun said you are not coming. I was disappointed to hear that news.” He said.

“It was a last minute. I got my mind changed after that. May I come in?”

“Sure! Sure!” He moved away and took the plastic bags from my hand.

“Oh. Thank you.”

Not all the members were there. I greet them and I scanned the whole room, trying to look the person that I wanted to say sorry to. “Risa, thank you for coming! We asked Shori to call you over because it was his first time bringing a girl from his school to our place. We would like to know you more and that’s why we got too excited. He told us that you were worried about your study, you can always come and ask us if you are in need.” The leader said. I’m not sure what is his name. I need to make a study about their names immediately.

“I see. It’s okay. I’m.. I don’t really mind actually. Sorry for causing you trouble to give a tutor.”

“Oh no. We asked you to come here. It’s our treat.” He added.

“Ah, I brought some food and drinks for refreshments. Please help yourself.” I said, showing them the plastic bags I brought.

“Woah! Bento!(Lunch set) Thank you!” They echoed. Sato is still not here. I poked Marius’s shoulder and he turned around with his mouth full of food.

“Where is Sato? I can’t find him in here.” I said.

“Oh!” He put down his bento and dialed the numbers. Marius signaled me with his palm, asking me to wait there as he walked out of the room. A few minutes later, he came back to me.

“He will be here in a minute.” Said Marius. Less than a minute, the door slammed in; revealing Sato, panting for air.

“You came?” He said; nearly shout at me.

“I changed my mind. Follow me for a while. I need to talk to you.” I said, walking out of the room. I can feel 4 pairs of eyes are watching us walking out in awe.


“I’m sorry. My words earlier were harsh and I shouldn’t say in that way. I know I don’t like this music industry either because of a certain reason but I really shouldn’t say that before telling you the truth. I’m sorry.” I said, lowering my head down.

“Actually….” He came closer and held my hands. He slowly pulls me into his arms and slung around my back, resting his chin on my head. “I’m glad that you came. I didn’t expect but your appearance has make them happy. Thank you.” He releases me and suddenly he gave me a peck on my cheek. I was stunned. My feet froze at place and my eyes locked at one direction.

“Risa?” A voice called. A long lost voice lingering in my ears. Transmitting the code through the nerves, interpreting at the center core and rushed down back to my nerves. Both of us turned around to the owner of the voice and for a second while anger humiliating me.

“You are Risa?”

“Riyuu? Brother Riyuu?” That guy is approaching us. My long lost brother is working for this company?

“Yes, Risa. Your brother Riyuu.”

“You know him, Risa? He’s my senior. Good day, Senior Haru.” Sato asked me and he greeted this man. I don’t have the urge to talk to Sato right now because I’m facing something odd after 3 years of something.

“My sister! Risa! It has been 3 years I didn’t see you. You have grown taller.” He came and ruffled my hair. Stop it… Stop it… I slapped his hand away, making the two of them shocked.

“Don’t you do that to me with your hands. You think I have forgiven you after what you did to me?”

“Risa. Please. I did that for our own family. For your sake, Risa. Please don’t bring that up again. I really regret after I left. And I intend to meet you guys after I really success in this industry. I just want to give as a present.”

“For our sake? You said for our sake? What kind of sake that mom and dad nearly get a divorce because of your issue? You should have just stay at home, studying with me and together be what our parents want us to be.” I said.

“No Risa. I don’t like to be controlled. Grow up. Choose your own path. Don’t let them create for you. I didn’t know you are in a relationship with my junior.”

“Huh? None of your business, Riyuu. Don’t change the topic. You know how much I hate to see you here. Especially in this place. Since you left, you had never contact us. You know how much I missed you, calling your names. I was expecting you to come to my festival for the last time in my junior high school but you never did. Since then, I hate this music industry. Dad was always getting rid of any music that’s been playing and he nearly crash the piano.” Riyuu’s eyes widen and I can see he is shock at how bad our family lives turned out. It was all because of his dream to become a singer!