Tell Me Why I feel So Bad Honey, TV's flat and Nothing is Funny

Covers

awww... look how cute they are! Minho is sooo much taller than Hae awwhhhh.... I just can't with these two! I need to go back to writing fluff OTL...

 

“Hyung!” Minho’s interest is peaked when he hears the sound of a surprised Jinki coming from the main doorway.

 

He looks around at the sound of footsteps approaching the living room that is his current resting place of choice and his eyes widen.

 

“Hyung!” Minho’s voices echoes Jinki’s. And then he noticed the expression on Donghae’s face, “What’s going on?”

 

Donghae looks at the floor. Then at the ceiling. Then finally at Minho. “I wanted to say hi, I haven’t see you guys in a while, you know, since we started promoting 5jib so much.”

 

Well that’s a lie Minho is tempted to call his older friend out on, but he doesn’t. Because the look on Donghae’s face is one he’s never seen before. And he already knows he hates it.  He thinks he knows the cause as well.

 

“Let’s go catch up in my room then,” is what Minho actually ends up saying.

 

Minho can tell Donghae’s holding back tears, he sees the overly glassy quality of the soulful brown eyes and it breaks his heart. He doesn’t know what to do, this is his Donghae, his Hyung, the always cheerful hyung who knows just what to say when Minho is feeling down. So why doesn’t Minho know what to say? He tries to remember the conversations the two have had in the past, but words fail him. He opens his mouth and closes it again as Donghae’s lip trembles from the effort of hiding his tears.

 

“It’s… I know it’s over, I just don’t know why?” He says casting a miserable look in Minho’s direction, “I mean I don’t know what changed, I don’t know if it was me or him, or both of us. Why does have to change? Why? Didn’t we say we’d be Together Forever? What’s forever? I know nothing is forever, but I just wanted it to go on for a little longer…”

 

And then Minho is wrapping his arms around Donghae’s shoulders, and Donghae is burying his face in Minho’s neck, clinging to him like a child. Somewhere in his mind Minho notes how much smaller Donghae has become, or maybe he’s just grown more than he thought he had. He begins to make small soothing circles against Donghae’s back, he sudden realizes there’s a dampness spreading through the collar of his shirt to go with the small convulsions Donghae has been trying to control. It only makes him want to hold on tighter. Minho squeezes Donghae and moves one hand up to the back of Donghae’s now light brown hair.

 

“I’m so miserable, Min,” Donghae tries not to sniffle too conspicuously as he pulls away, but Minho can see tear tracks on the tired looking face, “I just want to hide in my covers and forget how hopeless this situation is, I want to be five again, I want my dad to tell me it’s going to be okay,” his voice is only a whisper now and getting lower, but Minho hears every word, “I want Heechul back, I want everyone back, I want it to be Sorry Sorry promotions again, I want Hyukjae to look at me like he used to, I want not to care anymore…”

 

“Stand up” Minho says quietly, pulling Donghae off his bed. Donghae stands there like a lost looking child. Except that he isn’t a child. He’s a 25-year-old man and he’s been through more than the 20-year-old Minho can imagine. But he knows this is something he can do for that man so if he’s going to do it.

 

He pulls the covers up and slowly nudges Donghae back towards the bed, Donghae gives him a look, but allows himself to be arranged into the bed and pushed to one side as Minho climbs in after him. In one gesture, Minho pulls the comforter over both their heads and they’re engulfed in a warm darkness, eyes glittering, faces barely visable in the dim light.

 

Minho wiggles towards Donghae, and their faces are inches apart. Minho the hair that frames Donghae’s beautifully angled face and traces his jawline with his slightly callused thumb feeling stubble beneath it. He moves closer with only a breath’s hesitation and then lays a soft kiss on Donghae’s forehead.

 

“Everything is going to be okay hyung,” he whispered, “Everything has to be okay, because you’re myhyung, and you’re strong.”

 

He draws back enough to lock eyes with Donghae, “But you don’t have to be strong all the time, hyung. Just for right now, under the covers where no one can see you, don’t be strong.

 

Donghae closes his eyes and let out a strangled noise. He moves closer to Minho so their bodies are now touching and he winds his arms and legs around the younger boy’s body.

 

Minho dozes in and out of sleep as he holds Donghae waiting for the older man’s breathing to become regular. When he’s sure Donghae is sleeping soundly, he extracts himself from Donghae’s sleeping embrace, and slips out of bed.

 

He looks down at Donghae, at the soft hair fanning around his angelic face that doesn’t look 25. At this moment he decides he’s never allowing anyone to break Donghae’s heart again.