final.

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were a normal girl in an average school. You weren't popular and you were one of the quiet kids. In High School, you were considered one of the "wallflowers." No one really bothered to talk to you guys, but you didn't bother to talk to anyone back, unless it was for a group project. You got average grades in all your classes. Everything is normal but one thing about you is abnormal.

Your family. Your mom had died when you were barely 6 and you were so innocent. You never knew what was going on, and all you knew was that she was sick for a period of time and then went on a long vacation. You learned the truth when you overheard your dad talking to your grandparents about that incident. You were 12 when that happened and you cried for a whole day. From then on, you lost all your friends as you got quieter. 


Flashback

Your mom was on a hospital bed getting dragged into a big hospital room when you and your dad had just entered the hospital to visit your mom. Your dad was talking about some important things that you don't understand. As you saw your mom's body, you yelled out, "Mommy!" You ran after her as she entered the room. You ran in and saw many doctors and nurses everywhere. "Young girl, you can't be here." One nurse said as she grabbed your hand and took you into the waiting room, forcefully. You tried to fight back to go see your mom again. After the nurse ran back into the room, you did too. As you entered, you took your mom's hand and held it carefully. "Mommy~" You said as you pouted. Your mom turned her head to face you and smiled weakly as you could see her face was as pale as paper. "I love you, Inna, I really do. Don't forget it." She said as she let go of your hand softly. You pouted. "Mommy--" The doctors started dragging you out of the room as you finished off with, "I LOVE YOU TOO MOMMY!" 

You were dragged into the waiting area as the doctors quickly ran back to the room and locked the door. You ran to the door and tried to push it open, but you just couldn't. You pounded on the door as you wailed out, "Come back, Mommy! Come back!" Tears came out of your eyes as you remembered your mom coughing and wheezing at home. You whispered to yourself, "Get better, mommy." 

After you waited after a long time, one of the doctors came up to your dad for the results. They whispered in each other's ears as your dad gasped and put a hand on his mouth. He started crying but until he saw your innocent and confused face, he stopped and bent down to your level. "Mommy is on a long vacation so she can feel better. I don't know when she's coming back, but we'll meet her one day, okay?" He assured you as you smiled and nodded. "Yes, daddy!"

Flashback end.

 

You were deep in your thoughts when you heard a screech from your step-mother, "Inna, come here right now!" You sighed and grabbed your schoolbag as you hurried down. Your step-mother glared at you and ordered, "Make some breakfast for your sister. She's hungry." Your 'sister' (that was such a brat) raised an eyebrow and smirked at you. You silently groaned to yourself as you nodded to your step-mother. You got eggs from the fridge and cracked it open on a frying pan. Basically, your step-mother would always boss you around when your dad wasn't there. She would also favor her own daughter like she was an angel, but she's actually the devil.

When you finished cooking all the eggs, you gulped down your egg as you rushed to the door to put your shoes on. "Why the rush? You need to slow down before you throw up that egg all over my house!" Your mom lectured you. You thought in your mind, Ha, right. It's actually Dad's house, not your's. You calmed down a bit as you threw on a jacket and opened the door. "Bye, Mother." You said as you closed the door behind you. She may be your step-mother, but she was never a mom to you.

You walked to school and arrived there. It was the first day of the senior year in high school. One more year of living with that witch, until I get to move out, you thought to yourself. You went to your homeroom class and sat down near the window. Then, one of the popular boys of the school comes and sits beside you. The teacher hasn't come yet, so everyone's talking. You usually don't talk a lot, but popular guy starts talking to you, "Hey. What's your name?" He asks you. No one has ever reached out to you, so you panicked a bit. You faced him and tried to open your mouth, but nothing really came up. So you kept your mouth shut and faced the window again. He tried talking to you again, "My name's Leo. What is your's?" He asks. You kept looking out the window, thinking, Why would a popular boy be talking to a 'wallflower' like me?

The teacher had finally walked in the classroom and she introduced herself. Suddenly, a mini horror story was said in one sentence (well, for you), "Now, it's time to introduce yourself. Also say something that not everyone would know about you." You bit your lip as you looked at the teacher. Each student introduced themselves and everything was going so fast. You sighed. The girl in front of you, smiled as she turned around 360 degrees. She waved at everyone and said, "Hi. I'm Sora. I like the colour baby blue." She says, confidently. How you wish you could be confident like that.

Before you knew it, it was your turn. You felt so many pairs of eyes just staring at you and you felt really nervous. You stood up and said quietly, "My name is Inna. Uhm... I am a wallflower..." You were extremely nervous that no one heard a thing. The teacher softly said, "Can you repeat that again, please?" You said a bit louder for everyone to hear, "I'm Inna. I like to listen to music." You changed the fact because everyone knows you're a wallflower by the shyness of your voice. Leo, seemed really interested in you and clapped quietly as you sat back down. Your face was really red by how nervous you were but your really long bangs covered your whole face. No one saw your tomato-red face.

After everyone introduced themselves, the teacher said, "I'll give you guys a free period since it's the first day." She smiles widely as you can hear a sea of 'Yesss!'s and 'Yayyyy!' from the other people. The teacher sat down on her desk as she went on her computer. You plug in your earphones as you turn up the music. Suddenly, Leo goes up to your face and says, "Hi, Inna. What music do you like to listen to?" He asks you. You sigh as you know that he'll keep asking questions until you answer. You pull out the earphone and say, "Pop or R&B." He slightly smiles and says, "Oh, cool. I like that too." He was clinging onto you a lot.

 

For the whole day, Leo follows you around until you realize that the two of you guys both have the same schedule. You also realize Sora is in all of your classes as well. At lunch, you usually sit down on your own table, but Leo and Sora sits with you, surprisingly. They both try to talk to you, but the conversation ends up being awkward. So, Sora and Leo start talking to each other and the words flow out of their mouths rather fluently. How you wish you could do that. When the lunch period is over, you, Sora and Leo walk to your next class together. "So, Inna, why're you so quiet?" Sora asks you bluntly. You reply, "I'm just shy, I guess." You shrug. "Alright, then. Do you have a cellphone?" She asks and you nod. "Give me the phone. I want to add my number in there." She say. You pull out your phone and give it to Sora.

She smiles and adds her number quickly then gives you back the phone. "There you go. Text me after school." She says as she walks into class. Leo says, "Can I also add my number?" You nod and give him your phone. He smiles and takes a bit longer than Sora. "Can I be #2 on your speed dial?" He asks. You shrug, "Um.. sure." You smile. "There you go. You should move the bangs out of your face. Your smile will be prettier like that." He quickly flashes a big smile before he gives you back your phone and goes into the classroom.

 

--

The next day, you go to your first class where you share with Sora and Leo. You sit by the window, as usual and Sora sits in front of you while Leo sits beside you. You guys were already assigned homework after the lesson. The lesson ended a bit early, so you guys had some free time. Sora decides to turn around to face you. "So, Inna, what's up?" She asks. You smile, "The clouds." Leo was taken aback as Sora was as well. "Woah, you actually took it seriously." She widens her eyes as you smile. "But, uhm, I just did the biology homework, which was the only homework." You shrugged. They nodded and then laughed. "What's so funny?" You asked. "You got us good there with the 'clouds' thing." Sora says. Leo puts on a normal face as he nods and smiles to you. He has that little cute smile paired up with his twinkling eyes. You kinda feel different when you see his smile, it's unexplainable.

 

The next few weeks, you and Sora grow closer and the conversations flow more fluently between the two of you guys. You became best friends and both of you opened up to one another. After school, you guys text each other a lot. Sora know's about your mother and your step-mother problemsAlso, Leo is a bit closer to you, but not as close as you are with Sora. You start to find Leo a bit interesting, because whenever he smiles, it's a very small smile. Before, you thought he was smiling slightly, but he just smiles really slightly. You can still sense the happiness from the smile. It makes your stomach feel like it has butterflies. You've never felt it in your life before.

One day, after school, a guy walks up to you and Sora as you guys were talking and walking. He seemed attractive, but not as attractive as Leo. Wait, did I just call Leo attractive?! You thought to yourself as he came up to Sora. He scanned her up and down. He must really like Sora. Well, Sora's pretty, outgoing and has way better qualities than I do. Any boy could like her. You said to yourself and shrugged it off. Leo then ran over to you guys and wrapped an arm around you, "Heyo, Inna." He grins. You grin back and smile at him. "Hey, Hongbin. Meet Inna and that's Sora if you don't know her." Leo said, nonchalantly. Hongbin, the other guy, nods. "Ah, okay, Hi Inna. Helloo, Sora." Hongbin says. He casually says 'Hi' to you while he adds a little bit of a flirty tone when he greets Sora. I'm sure he likes her. You think to yourself.

After school, you were texting Sora.

Sora: Heyo!

Inna: Hey!

Sora: whats up

Inna: doing homework, almost finished.

Sora: can i get helpppp?

​Then, after half an hour of talking some more with Sora, you started a topic that you regretted.

Inna: Hongbin is soooo into you

Sora: Leo is soooooooo into you

Inna: please, leo is not interested in a wallflower

Sora: you aren't a wallflower anymore since you're close to us now c:

Inna: Hongbin was checking you out today, i watched his eyes go up and down!!

Sora: nonono. you saw wrong.

Inna: I SAW RIGHT. 

Inna: I have to go... The witch wants me to make dinner

Sora: Aw... okay.

You gro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter