Chapter 2

Jealous yet?

-Chapter 2-

 

Narae decided to kill some time before heading over to BTS’s dorm by going on a run. Throughout her run, questions about Suga’s new girlfriend swarmed her head. Who could she be? Narae tried to analyze the information Suga gave her, but was still puzzled. A girl working in a convenience store? The only convenience store in town was the one that Sori worked at and after hours of keeping Sori company on the slow shifts, Narae had gotten familiar with all of the employees. Could it be Minchae? Seolah? Jihye? Chills ran down Narae’s spine as she dared herself to question, Could it be Sori? Narae pondered that thought for a moment then came to the conclusion that Sori wouldn’t dare keep a secret like that from her. Besides, Sori knew that Narae had dibs on Suga; she’s a loyal friend and would never try to steal him away. Narae became so consumed by her thoughts that she didn’t realize she had run around her block twice. She jogged back to her apartment and quickly took a shower. Not for one moment did the thoughts of Suga’s girlfriend fade. The curiosity and jealousy was killing her. She quickly got out of the shower and left, eager to meet the monster Suga was dating. Maybe I could be the beauty that saves him from the beast. Narae smiled at the thought and headed to BTS’s dorm. When she arrived at their dorm, she could hear the laughter of males and females inside. Yup, she’s definitely in there. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door and was greeted by Rap Monster, who immediately let her in. As Narae entered the main area of the dorm, she saw all seven members of BTS, but two were accompanied by girls;One girl was seated beside Jungkook, the other beside Suga. They all looked at Narae and welcomed her warmly with an “annyeonghaseyo”, except for the girl beside Suga. She stared at Narae intensely with her eyes wide open and mouth hanging, returning the look that Narae was giving her. It didn’t take Narae more than a millisecond to realize that Suga's girlfriend was Sori, Narae’s “best friend”. Everyone fell silent as the tension grew thick in the air.

"Sori? What are you....” Feeling confused and betrayed, Narae looked over at Suga for answers, “Suga?” but before he had the chance to open his mouth, she looked back to Sori, “Sori?” Narae sighed, coming to her own conclusion, “Suga and Sori.” Suddenly realizing that she was allowing herself to appear too distraught, Narae quickly tried to lighten the mood by teasing her two treacherous friends , “Why didn't either one of you tell me?! I thought we were friends!" As Narae tried to lighten the mood, she hid her true feelings behind a forced smile. Holy , holy . Don’t freak out, keep calm.

Suga and Sori exchanged a nervous look before walking over to Narae. "I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to keep this from you," Sori said while hugging Narae.

"I thought you might have liked that element of surprise," Suga added while grinning apologetically, guilt evident in his voice.

"Uh, you guys should have just ing told me, but hey, that's cool! All is good. Sori, can I talk to you for a minute?" Narae asked, struggling to keep from screaming at her. Suga walked back over to the main group while Narae interrogated Sori. "Dude, I thought you were into V…" Sori and V were extremely close as friends and Sori had admitted to having feelings towards V more than once to Narae.

Sori looked uncomfortably at Narae and said, "No, he's too far out of my reach. Besides, I'm content with what I have.” She looked down at her baby blue socks before adding, “By the way, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, that's alright. If he's not interested in me then what's the point? Anyway, it’s not like I still like him or anything,” Narae giggled nervously. “Plus, he said he'd hook me up with J Hope.” The two girls glanced over at J Hope, who happened to be stuffing his face with seaweed while doing a girl group dance with Jimin. “What a catch,” Narae said sarcastically as they broke out into laughter. Their faces turned red and their stomachs ached but, Narae kept an unnoticeable distance from Sori.

After they pulled themselves together, Sori smiled and said, "I'm so happy you're okay with it. I thought you would surely hate me for this." Narae returned the smile but, mentally rolled her eyes. Yeah sure...no “hate” at all. What a dense .

Still smiling, she walked back over to Suga, allowing herself to get comfortable inside of his frame. Throughout the whole night, Narae wanted to slap that stupid grin off Sori’s face. All the couple did was be super lovey dovey with each other. Watching them made her absolutely sick to her stomach. Why did I even tell her it was alright? Narae unconsciously kicked herself, causing curious stares all around. “Uhh… my leg just fell asleep”, Narae explained as she mentally face palmed. Damn this Sori for causing all this humiliation and these dilemmas. Narae excused herself and went to the restroom. She sat on the closed toilet seat, upset and frustrated. Sori KNEW I liked Suga from the moment I met him. What the is she doing?! Watching them laughing and hugging from before made Narae realize that she was betrayed. Never again will I trust that girl.

Sighing, she exited the restroom to be met face-to-face with none other than V. He grabbed her wrist and quickly pulled her to his bedroom and locked the door. Confused and concerned, Narae pinched up her face to express her discomfort to V. He registered her discomfort and quickly said, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Don't worry. I just thought that maybe you would like to take part in a plan I have?"